💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Brooklyn Nights Discussion [DO NOT POST LINKS]

Danny

Featured Posts

gimmesomemore

it's all over tumblr and youtube, i found it in like 30 seconds. it's sweet, i reflect on my life and think of all the different opportunities i consciously abandoned to pursue the ones that eventually lead me to where i am today, but i still wonder about him, about them, about if, about there. she made something sad and sentimental into something powerful and decisive, that's what i love about her the most, not the outfits or the voice or the music, but that she feels real pain and uses her creativity to address it in a functional way. it inspires me to be optimistic about the darker or unreachable parts of my past, to finally be okay now with how devastating saying goodbye was for me long ago. that missed opportunity itself is still relevant to me today, i guess. it's an interesting angle, it makes me feel bittersweet and better about letting go and moving on.

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rivingtonreject

• Mars

• HauntingHollow

• Battle 4 Ur Life

I like the song, but I definitely understand why she didn't put it on ARTPOP. It sounds so different, too old. Although I do like how her voice sounds on it, she sounds like she did on The Fame.

This is gorgeous. There are rough parts (her vocal performance is iffy and I feel the melody and lyrics of the verses and chorus could be smoothed out), but if she worked on it, it would honestly be fantastic. It sounds very BTW, or pre-BTW post-TFM. It sounds like Changing Skies and Earthquake, that period. I never thought I would be nostalgic for BTW. This song gives me feels for all sorts of reasons, and I like it.

I like these personal songs. Speechless, Marry The Night, You And I, Gypsy, maybe Brown Eyes. I love when she uses personal details. ARTPOP feels a little impersonal - the lyrics to Venus, GUY, and DWUW, for example, are pretty broad (except maybe the random stuff like "garden panty" and "NEIN ZEDD"). That's not necessarily a bad thing; I love those songs! But I like Gaga best when she's telling her story. I don't know to what extent Dope is based on her life because I think she said it was inspired by a fan letter, but it feels raw and personal. I hope she'll write more songs like this in the future.

Also, it's weird how many songs were written during BTW Ball... Princess Die, Living On The Radio, and now Brooklyn Nights. I hope we'll get to hear those in studio quality, too, although maybe that's a reach.

BlackJudas

A lot of users in here were the same ones replacing ARTPOP songs with Brooklyn Nights in some of the previous "fantasy ARTPOP track list" threads, now y'all don't like the song? LOL.

soundwave

This is gorgeous. There are rough parts (her vocal performance is iffy and I feel the melody and lyrics of the verses and chorus could be smoothed out), but if she worked on it, it would honestly be fantastic. It sounds very BTW, or pre-BTW post-TFM. It sounds like Changing Skies and Earthquake, that period. I never thought I would be nostalgic for BTW. This song gives me feels for all sorts of reasons, and I like it.

I like these personal songs. Speechless, Marry The Night, You And I, Gypsy, maybe Brown Eyes. I love when she uses personal details. ARTPOP feels a little impersonal - the lyrics to Venus, GUY, and DWUW, for example, are pretty broad (except maybe the random stuff like "garden panty" and "NEIN ZEDD"). That's not necessarily a bad thing; I love those songs! But I like Gaga best when she's telling her story. I don't know to what extent Dope is based on her life because I think she said it was inspired by a fan letter, but it feels raw and personal. I hope she'll write more songs like this in the future.

Also, it's weird how many songs were written during BTW Ball... Princess Die, Living On The Radio, and now Brooklyn Nights. I hope we'll get to hear those in studio quality, too, although maybe that's a reach.

wasn't it written during the monster ball though?

wasn't it written during the monster ball though?

Woops, 2010 was Monster Ball. My bad, then.

(I'd be cool with ACT II being the rejected stuff, actually...)