💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Throwback: First time listening to Born This Way

DancingQueen

Featured Posts

PexySenus

The SONG:

I heard from a friend that LADY GAGA has released a new song and was called BORN THIS WAY.  After a couple days when I finally got some free time, I checked it out and was like ehh, not better than her old radio songs (I was not a stan back then sorry   :toofunny:).

The ALBUM:

I was travelling in Paris and went to a big store and saw a BORN THIS WAY album listening cabinet and put on the headphones and blasted the whole album and felt like I had s-xx with gods :legend:   A little monster ever since.  :rockstar:

P.S. Born this way (song) actually grew on me since the album first listening and I love it now.

Edit: I thought Judas was epic at the first listening though.  It was fairly popular in my entire middle school also.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Titzlol

Oh god, I remember. I woke up and turned on my radio at 6am, they said they'd play it then. But I woke up at like 6:01 or something because I first turned it on at the bridge, and then the ending. So I went to my moms house, stayed home from school, bought it on iTunes....And just jammed out ALL day.

She let me stay home because it was "a holiday". Shes a huge Little Monster too :flutter: Was a FANTASTIC day. I was so ****ing happy.  That song was just, everything

Nick1495

I was in the 10th grade and I was waking up at like 5:30am to get ready for school. I logged on to GGD and listened to the premiere! I love it instantly. Then I tried buy it when it was supposed to be released at 9am but ended up buying it at 11:30am. Listened to it on repeat. :party:

Born To Slay

I didn't like it tbh, it just sounded like a bunch of noise

Computer

I first got home and went to look it up, there was an article about it saying "we are all wondering what lady gaga's new song sounds like... and it sounds like MECHA-DISCO" I was like ohh my gaaaahhhhd what is MECHA-DISCO???!!?! and then I listened to the audio. It grew on me pretty quickly.

I remember being mad-no video yet..

^I guess I should have learned to get used to that.

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

juicyjuicy

Was driving to work for a 7am retail shift, and they were playing Born This Way non-stop on this Canadian radio station. Amazing. Good work day that day. :)

holy scheisse

the first time i listened to the song all the way through i was like "omg..... everybody knows im in love w lady gaga and now she made a song essentially to and for the gays (as well as other ~disenfranchised~ communities) and here i am a stupid young kid trapped in the closet." i HATED the song bc it made me face my s-xuality in a way. in retrospect it was a very helpful song to me. i always thought that sonically the production sounded super cool and futuristic. i forget who but someone described it before it came out as sounding like a golden spaceship or s omething and it totally did lol   :yes:  

Got it & put it on my phone before heading to uni one morning. Spent the entire bus journey trying very hard not to get up & dance. Gooood times!

Jay.P

omg same lol I had these friends staying over and I just left it on set to repeat and I remember they were like OK YOU NEED TO STOP and I was like NO so they waited until i jumped in the shower to change it after brainwashing them for a while

Good memories :giveup:

Do you hear that? It's poison.

blubrryxkisses

I am not even joking or being "shady" (I would never)... But I legitimately woke my boyfriend up early and we ran to the computer and played it, and right after it ended I turned to him and said "This really reminds me of something... It sounds like a Madonna track... but I can't quite place it..." And when the Express Yourself debacle was starting to spread, I tried to backtrack and pretend like it didn't sound that similar, but it was no use, he had heard my initial reaction. It was already out in the universe.

Anyway, I definitely didn't think that it was a big deal or a negative thing for it to have reminded me of Madonna, but then everyone else made it a huge deal.

Aside from that embarrassing tidbit, I loved the song and had it on repeat for weeks.

Magdalena

I remember I downloaded a LQ mp3 and I was shocked. I wasn't expecting it to be so.... different.

Archived