Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

Why do a lot of people seem to hate Dope?

IAmTheX

Featured Posts

Cody Draco

Dope slays. I've cried so many times while listening to Dope. It's flaw free. :emo:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Omegahedron

It's boring to me and I cannot relate to it at all for I have never done d--gs.

It's also such a downer.

Have you never done something you regret though? Something that maybe put a barrier up between you and your loved ones?

No problem with downer songs - Brown Eyes and Fooled Me Again. (Honest Eyes) are both downers but amazing ballads to boot.

I can't relate to using d--gs but I can relate to pushing people away because of mistakes I made. I see "dope" as a metaphor for everything selfish I've ever done that has somehow affected my friends and family. "I need you more than dope" simply means that you need love and friendship more than whatever selfish, destructive habit you have.

I mean, when you sing along to "I'm still in love with Judas baby", are you literally in love with someone called Judas?

And I love the song sonically. Her vocals really represent how beaten down she was and hit the high notes perfectly for a song like this. And the bass gives me chills everytime, it really hits hard. It's definitely a song that you should listen with bass-enhancing earbuds + software.

Easily Top 5 Gaga songs for me.

You sum up my thoughts entirely my good fellow!

Omegahedron

The only thing I will say is that if you are in an upbeat mood, as opposed to a down beat or even just relaxed mood, the song is quite hard to listen to and enjoy.

somechick

I find it odd people saying they can't relate to it just because they haven't done d--gs. I mean it's relatable to addiction - any addiction. It doesn't just have to be d--gs. I've never done d--gs, but I feel I relate to it because of another "addiction". I mean I feel like the process is similar no matter what the addiction is.

As songs go, I'm not into ballads so much but this is one of my fave Gaga ballads.

RAMROD

People pressed cos they love I Wannabe With You

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Pain of fame1

I don't know cause it SLAYS. If it had been a single, it would defenitly have gone to #1 everywere. It would have been a huge hit.

It went #8 only with a performance at Youtube music awards...and DWUW went #13 with lots of performancesd and high radio airplay...

LilVenusian

I feel like the lyrics are a big factor. Were so used to gaga being this empowered free b---h and to hear her pleading so desperately is kind of off putting. Also not much of us have battled a debilitating d--g problem so the lyrics are not exactly relate able. The vocal performance is also kind of guttural and forced (it feels like shes yelling at some points) compared to her other ballads, in which she sounds a lot more naturally soulful ( e.g Speechless and You and I). 

Tropico

I've never touched a d--g in my life before but I love Dope because it tells me how much Gaga loves us :emo: masterpeice! :applause:

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

RyanBall

The slurred vocals are kind of annoying and the song is such a downer. It sucks the fun out of ARTPOP.

X2

Phoenix

Boring, doesn't fit with the rest of ARTPOP songs + her vocals are the worst in that song. :eww:

💎

Better Day

Top 3 on the album for sure, it's a timeless song. It will age better than anything else on ARTPOP

*ARTPOP

Together You And I!

Yves

Actually Princess Die isn't a slow piano ballad. It's kinda party song. :party:

I showed the song to one of my classmates (who's okay with Gags). She said the song would be fine if she would improve her voice. :tea:

Her vocals there are disturbing but I think Gaga wants us to hear the concept of the song. She's hurt, she's trying to recover, she's just loving her man. :applause: to the lyrics but I'll prefer IWBWY any day.

Archived