Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

How the HELL did Venus aka Flawless-Vus FLOP?!

Lascivious

Featured Posts

Ladle Ghoulash

IT WAS a single but it started out under performing so bad that they just SCRAPPED the idea.

so you weren't here for the meltdowns, were you? what happened was: 

Venus was planned for single #2, with Do What U Want planned as the promo single to be released PRIOR to Venus. Do What U Want was released, went to #1 on iTunes in like...64 countries and was getting great reviews, so Gaga and her PR team decided that, based on popular demand, they would change single #2 to Do What U Want and still release Venus as a promo single the following week.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ladey Gagz

I'M SENSING A GODVUS HATER.  :manicure:

Do What U Flop was supposed to be a promo single and Venus the OFFICIAL 2nd single, but Venus was not taking off, so it was replaced...

AND MY ORIGINAL QUESTION WAS, WHY WAS VENUS NOT TAKING OFF? The most flawless song on the album and the lessers will deal!

I WONDER IF, DIZ CUD BE LAHV, DIZ CUD BE LAHV ~

The people who label other people's "TROLLS" for their opinion on singles ARE THE ACTUAL TROLLS.

And I DON'T deserve to be banned when I'm a real fan and a GODVUS supporter & the lessers shall DEAL!

I love venus its one of my fave songs but

you do realize that SINGLE means what the non-fans would like not what YOU would like right :awkney: singles shouldn't be based on what YOU like personally :awkney:

:awkney:

you're getting the order of events wrong. They released "Do What You Want" as a promo single BEFORE anybody had even heard Venus, and people liked it so much that they made it the second official single. Again, that was before Venus was ever even released.

He is a troll and maybe he is from another fan base so don't waste your time :sweat: 

T3ARS

Venusisoverrated.com

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

Lascivious

Venus was planned for single #2, with Do What U Want planned as the promo single to be released PRIOR to Venus. Do What U Want was released, went to #1 on iTunes in like...64 countries and was getting great reviews, so Gaga and her PR team decided that, based on popular demand, they would change single #2 to Do What U Want and still release Venus as a promo single the following week.

Exactly. So I was right. Venus was planned to be the ORIGINAL 2nd single and was sidelined by DWUW which took off and replaced it as the OFFICIAL second single.

AND THAT IS WHAT I'M QUESTIONING. DUH! Why didn't Venus aka FLAWLESS-VUS take off?

MonsterMarty

Venusisoverrated.com

No lies on that site. Venus will be great on artRave but as a single it would have bombed so hard. DWUW would have been a top 10 in the US if a MV had of dropped. Venus would never have made it to the Top 20 as a single by itself after debut-week.

Lascivious

No lies on that site. Venus will be great on artRave but as a single it would have bombed so hard. DWUW would have been a top 10 in the US if a MV had of dropped. Venus would never have made it to the Top 20 as a single by itself after debut-week.

I hope you're joking?

Venus had the potential to be the next Poker Face.

BuzzcutSeason

what do you mean it isn't even a single. they chose Do What U Want instead because of its success and it was gaga's decision so you need to pipe down.

Plus its unhealthy, like go outside or something you shouldn't be that anoid about a song that flopped without it ever being a single..

It is also too different if you want me to go into detail. Venus is the type of song that really is for Little Monsters, and it isn't good for radio. Its be a smash in clubs, but Radio is a little more light and/or generic. its just how it flows. Venus is a powerful song, and if you think of gaga's career i don't get you, but it is powerful. Its also Different, diverse, and experimental. Those things don't usually make it to radio much.

But you need to really calm down and get some air. like referring to what i said before that paragraph. not meanly, just for your own good.

MikeyMoonShine

Yup she even promised to still perform Venus on X factor which is why she sang both songs. I think she put the song online about an hour before the show (if I remember correctly) I think that was the first time we heard it in full. 

or maybe it was the day before.  :huh:

Lascivious

what do you mean it isn't even a single. they chose Do What U Want instead because of its success and it was gaga's decision so you need to pipe down.

Plus its unhealthy, like go outside or something you shouldn't be that anoid about a song that flopped without it ever being a single..

It is also too different if you want me to go into detail. Venus is the type of song that really is for Little Monsters, and it isn't good for radio. Its be a smash in clubs, but Radio is a little more light and/or generic. its just how it flows. Venus is a powerful song, and if you think of gaga's career i don't get you, but it is powerful. Its also Different, diverse, and experimental. Those things don't usually make it to radio much.

But you need to really calm down and get some air. like referring to what i said before that paragraph. not meanly, just for your own good.

I get enough air! I never even registered on here only until late last year because I don't keep up with all this internet stuff.

And Venus? A song for the Monsters and not the general public? VENUS WAS A SMASH HIT, #1, RADIO SLAYAGE SONG WAITING TO HAPPEN IF THEY COULD HAVE JUST WAITED IT OUT. 

Archived