Getting Gaga back on track: what does she need?

Queen

Featured Posts

I don't think it is/was as simple as "dropping the hypersensitivity." Tbh phrases like that really rub me the wrong way, but it also seems like there were deeper issues at the time that possibly made her more sensitive than usual. So I guess I'd say she needs to "heal" first, which I would assume she has already done, and then work to please herself and not for approval from anyone else.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wisdomless1

Honestly, I feel the blackout is just a needed rest to make her next single feel more fresh.

Gaga used to be vocal before a single came out and I noticed that singles eras were bleeding into each other, as people would find out the next song, hype it up, and it'd be hitting the GP before the real promotion came out.

I like this because it gives her time to relax, plan, and enjoy the life she's made for herself a little bit in-between not just albums, but singles too, and it gives the GP a chance to 'forget' about her a little so her next work feels like new.

Weasel

Release a freaking video already. Promote. Get better wigs. Stop getting injections. Stop telling us what to do. Stop giving attention to the haters. Work with professionals. I guess that's it :emma: 

this is probably going to sound harsh but i don't really care, i'm expressing my opinion and will probably get attacked for it and will get the whole third degree burn "little manager" or "you don't know what shes going through just now". I'm actually saying this as a worried fan.

Keeping us all in the loop would be nice, nobody knows what she's even doing anymore, it doesn't come across as mysterious anymore, it just comes across as "i don't care". she seems lost, like she and her record label no longer know what to do. (3rd single options is a good example) she called this "the real beginning of ARTPOP" but you can't call it that and not back it up with anything, her biggest flaw is always over hyping, she over hypes too much and people set their bar so high that when it actually does come, they are left feeling disappointed. 

the last thing would be to get that attitude she had back in 2008-2011. she didn't care about anything anybody said about her back then, she did what she wanted and she was happy. these days she does nothing but look at all the negative stuff written about ARTPOP and get annoyed/upset by it. i fell in love with her care free attitude when i first started listening to her in 2009 and she just seems to be a completely different person these days.

oh and release G.U.Y. as third single, if she leaves it for ages it's going to come to a point where she will be gone for so long and the album has been released for ages that nobody will care what she is releasing anymore. 

TheFame Monster

Put a 2009/10 wig and makeup on and slay with the Poker Face style G.U.Y. video

And not acknowledge the critics/media/haters

monstereo

She needs to stick to one look instead of changing a million times.

Iconography is very important in show buisiness, and when your image can't stick in the minds of the public and they can't think of visual image when they see your name, you fade in their minds. Which is why her image was so popular during TF era, because she stuck with one and used certain looks over and over again until it was stuck in people's heads.. not to mention she had her own signature style back then.. nowadays she's all over the place.

blueisback

So this is actually my first post on this site ever. I think what we tend to forget is that she felt so fearless because she was on top of the world. Then mtn (her most personal song of btw) flopped. And what probably "broke" her spirit was her broken hip. She probably litterly felt super strong and like she could achieve anything after all her success and then her body made her realise that that´s not the case. A major surgery like that, where she probably had to slowly learn again how to walk, is a lifechanging experience. I guess that´s why she is not as fearless anymore as she used to be.

That said, I think she need to go back and hire the best out of the best people to work for her.

Plus, I really never undestood why she needed to direct her own music video. I think it distracts her from doing what she does best - music.

lavenderblondee

Exactly what you said. She needs her attitude and creativity back.

Also, she needs to STOP bringing her friends into her team. This is not helping her in any way shape or form, IMO. She needs to associate with fresh people, and get new ideas and POV's. I feel like she landed in this spot because of this. I don't think she's getting any creativity from these people and no one is helping her transfer her vision into something that makes sense and also is commercial.

Also please for the love of god, stop relying on DJWS to do every single track. His beats, IMO, are generic and amateur. Ever since she stopped working with some of her previous producers, I feel like her music, production wise, has gone down drastically. Seems like it started ever since DJWS came in. I just listen to the beats from TFM and get a little depressed.

Jewels n Drugs

What you said was perfect.

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

LittleBoot

It almost seems like she feels guilty for her success and has become overly precious with her art to the point of mistrusting knowledgeable people who can help her. She achieved fame and stardom but ended getting a messiah complex in the process and felt the need to be a saviour and a champion for her fans, or the bullied, marginalised, and downtrodden. But sometimes, it's okay to just be a pop star.

She'll also have to recognise that people aren't always going to understand her art, but it's nothing personal. And if they do make it personal, f*** 'em. She may have to choose between widespread commercial success and complete and total artistic freedom. Whatever direction she chooses to take, just take it and OWN IT.

Personally I hope she also learns to just trust the process, to not let herself be weighted down by her own fame and the new expectations that have come with it. Understand that constructive criticism actually CAN be positivity in the end and isn't the end of the world, and learn to trust people that can help her successfully reinvent herself if that's the direction she wants to take. 

Archived