Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Are blackouts hurting or helping Gaga?

GHGUY

Featured Posts

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely hurting! The non-Gaga fans don't check GGD everyday like us or try to get information about her..all the time she's not on MTV etc, they keep on forgetting about her.

I know it because sometimes when I talk about Gaga to someone they're like "Oh, totally forgot about her, does she have a new song in the charts or what?" :awkney:

I don't know what she wants to accomplish with these blackouts, I guess she really just does it all the time because she's depressed and sad and not able to work all the time. Can't see another reason because the blackouts hurt her career

LittleBoot

The blackouts probably don't help, certainly not if you've just released an album, but bad decisions made in between the blackouts have hurt her just as much if not more so. For example, DWUW was a GREAT song. But I just don't understand WHY she had to do the first mix with R. Kelly. Do the song with someone else and we likely wouldn't see an article trotted out about their s-xual assault history and she wouldn't have to scrap the video and call Christina for some damage control.

these kind of threads are hurting her. "fans" that dont believe in her. 

If we are speaking strictly about commercial success, I don't think what helps or hurts Gaga is a matter of fandom or "belief". People are going to listen to and like what they like.

If we are talking about something more personal and she needs her fans to feel validated, then heaven help her. First and foremost she needs to believe in herself. She has control over that, not her fans.

thatfoxyfeeling

It's not blackout in general that's hurting her, it's the blackout > "I'm back!" > blackout > "I'm back!" all in the space of what, one month?

This. Blackout between albums is fine, blackout during album era isn't.

Stefani328

This is what gaga needs to do. She needs to start pushing her music down everyones throat like she did with JD and PF at the beginning of her career. She cant just do a few promo spots and then rely on her name to sell her music anymore like during TFM and BTW. This is basically the beginning again. Think of it as The Fame 2.0 except gaga seems to give up more easily now and have low self-esteem now. I feel like if her single doesnt do good in the beginning she just calls it quits instead of going out there and making sure the song is heard like she did in The Fame era. I think its cuz she's had success so now when she doesnt suceed she feels like a failure but whereas in TF era, she nvr had any success before so if she didnt suceed she kept trying. I think the real issue here is gaga's confidence level and drive. Hopefully through our continuous support she gains that back.

I agree with all of this and her terrible management.

You need to be realistic. she has had 2 singles so far from the album and applause was a top 10 for like 12 weeks. lol face the facts... and i promise u she will have a top 10 again and again 

JazzGa

Blackouts are good AFTER a long period of exposure, I think. Makes the public thirsty for more.

So, for example, her accidental blackout when she busted her hip after finishing almost two years of intense publicity was pretty good timing. But right now, right after you release a new album and should be immersed in its promotion, isn't good timing for a blackout at all. D: 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Bambino

It's definitely hurting her. I can't see how her blackouts are doing anybody any good. ARTPOP was released only last November and yet, with all her silence, it feels like she moved from it. It seems like she's acting like a singer who needs a break from a huge era so they can relax and write new music for a new album.

Runway

Of coursr they are hurting her. Wr all thought that the public was sick of her in 2011 and after her blackout they would come to her back. But when Gaga released Applause people did not even know she had a song out. The blackouts are just lame. It doesnt matter of youre in the public eyes all the time. When the music you release is good it will slay. Katy has milked TD for 2 ****ing years and got 5 #1s. Rihanna is releasing albums every year and she gets her #1s as usual. What Gaga needs to do is to make better music that people can listen to and relate to and stop singing about applauses, swines, the solar system, Jewels N' Drugs. Like I said if youre music is good people wont get tired of you.

ARTPOP is better than any katy or rihanna album there's no logic in anything you say :sharon:

Well, she obviously keeps us talking.
That is what she does.
I strongly believe that she will eventually come back with a big bang.
Call me delusional, but I think she will introduce Act II with the next music video.
We will probably get a new album sooner than later.
I can't imagine ARTPOP beng something she envisioned for more than 2 years since BTW came out.
Knowing Gaga, the stuff she really was working on these 2 years must be way better and more consistent than what we eventually got.

The problem is, she said so many things in the past.
Like ARTPOP being the fusion of ART and POP, a reverse Warholian experience.
I feel like we actually got none of that.
I imagined some really creative music and the sound of the album was just too safe, too dated, like she didn't have the artistic freedom she has claimed she would be having.
She promised stuff that never actually happened (we all know what I am talking about).
This is what makes it hard to believe in her as a fan.

ARTPOP is better than any katy or rihanna album there's no logic in anything you say :sharon:

.You mispelled TFM wrong

Whatever makes you sleep better boo boo

ibnY6oanoVUzir.gif

To us maybe.... The GP probably doesn't like it though

Archived