💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP Sales figures receipt for 2013!

Featured Posts

Economy

Huh. Doubt it, to be honest. She's sold ~1,2M in 2013 according to MediaTraffic, it can't be THAT far off!

Like, it's impossible to me to have 20% of your sales come from the US when the only hit from your album was a hit local to the US :toofunny:

Perhaps it's shipments.

Applause was big here too

And DWYW reached #4 or #5 here whereas in the US only #13 :coffee:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Applause was big here too

And DWYW reached #4 or #5 here whereas in the US only #13 :coffee:

When talking about local ess, it's usually about not being big in non-Anglophone markets or Europe, though :sweat: Should've said North America, but that includes Mexico.

When talking about local ess, it's usually about not being big in non-Anglophone markets or Europe, though :sweat: Should've said North America, but that includes Mexico.

Applause had a great radio sucess (top 5) in Spain, Chile, Argentina and Brazil so...

MelbHawker

Look... I don't know why people are so desperate to prove that this figure is wrong. What's it to you if the album has sold less than the number this receipt shows? Like.. take it for what it is and move on. 

Applause had a great radio sucess (top 5) in Spain, Chile, Argentina and Brazil so...

That's great, but it was just a minor hit/flop in South Korea, Australia, Germany, France, the UK, Ireland, the Netherlands, Belgium and lots of other relevant countries.

That's great, but it was just a minor hit/flop in South Korea, Australia, Germany, France, the UK, Ireland, the Netherlands, Belgium and lots of other relevant countries.

The point is, it wasnt a local sucess.

Little7Monster

Thats technically imposible :toofunny: the album sold over 1m in less than 2 months

If UMG really had a bad year i would blame Ellie Gouldings new record or Madonna's, and even in those cases it shouldnt be bad for UMG.

I know, that's why I find it hilarious that despite the sales figures being released, the media still feels like that album alone must be the cause. It's clear that it performed well (maybe not to expectations, but still very well), yet that was their initial scapegoat, so they're going to continue using it. 

There's no way Justin Bieber has sold another 1.6 million copies of Believe last year, especially when both 2013 singles did little to nothing in giving him positive sales generating promo. I'm convinced these are simply shipping numbers like established, and that retailers had faith in her name thus they ordered more copies of the album than met demand. This then inflated her numbers to the amount shown (not saying that her sales currently aren't fairly solid, but if this is a financial report they want to cushion themselves to investors).

There's no way Justin Bieber has sold another 1.6 million copies of Believe last year, especially when both 2013 singles did little to nothing in giving him positive sales generating promo. I'm convinced these are simply shipping numbers like established, and that retailers had faith in her name thus they ordered more copies of the album than met demand. This then inflated her numbers to the amount shown (not saying that her sales currently aren't fairly solid, but if this is a financial report they want to cushion themselves to investors).

Believe (Acoustic)

I myself don't consider ARTPOP's sales good. I want it to reach platinum in Australia, Japan, the US, the UK and gold in Germany at least.

And WW sales at least 3M. I don't want to be a hypocrite, I called MDNA a flop and ARTPOP has yet to outsell that album.

Believe (Acoustic)

Are sales numbers available for the individual release, or would they all absorbed into the albums total itself? I honestly don't know the system that well, I just don't get why certifications would allow for them to release a different edition with a completely different track-listing and allow it to count towards the sales of the initial release  :confused:

I myself don't consider ARTPOP's sales good. I want it to reach platinum in Australia, Japan, the US, the UK and gold in Germany at least.

And WW sales at least 3M. I don't want to be a hypocrite, I called MDNA a flop and ARTPOP has yet to outsell that album.

I don't think they're the numbers she could generate given how solid of an album it is and her name value, but considering the difficulties this album cycle has had including the botched promo.single opportunities and the team changes I don't think it's abysmal by any means. 

Are sales numbers available for the individual release, or would they all absorbed into the albums total itself? I honestly don't know the system that well, I just don't get why certifications would allow for them to release a different edition with a completely different track-listing and allow it to count towards the sales of the initial release  :confused:

I think it's like TF+TFM

Archived