đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why was 'The Fame' pitched?

Lobster Boy

Featured Posts

GrandchildDavid

Because her voice didn't get smokey or husky till like mid to late 2008, and most of the non-RedOne tracks were made wayy before that like around 2006, the latest being 2007 when Paparazzi was recorded. Her voice got even huskier in 2009 IMO.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talking about voice changes, whenever I watch this I can't help it but laugh my ass off :lmao:

http://youtu.be/3ZnMCwI6zp8

Didn't they say they tried to emulate Gwen Stefani in The Fame? I think by the time TFM Came she wanted to develop her own artistic voice

The only song I hear Gwen Stefani resemblance is Summerboy, on which I think their voices are so alike it could have easily been passed off as a Gwen Stefani song.

Cameron Dallas

That's just the way a lot of pop albums work. Her voice was definitely pitched and probably auto tuned in some parts. But in comparison now, her voice has gotten much stronger, heavier, and has more variety than it used to.

LeoFameMonster

deep voice because didnt you hear shes was a man in the The Fame era lol with a big donkey Dik

But seriously she alters her voice all the time, its part of why shes so talented.

Didn't they say they tried to emulate Gwen Stefani in The Fame? I think by the time TFM Came she wanted to develop her own artistic voice

Probably. A few songs on TF sound like L.A.M.B. demo tracks. ( I don't mean to be shady lol but early Gaga really did come off as Gwen 2.0)

I do believe they pitched it, you know, Gaga was a risky offer to the industry and they really needed to make sure she'd be successful.

QueenMortuana

Talking about voice changes, whenever I watch this I can't help it but laugh my ass off :lmao:

Her comments on Perez tho.

SummerGirl21

it's probably called growing up tbh.  I do love gaga and her theatrical voice though.  I'm not a huge fan of the cher-esque voice she uses on a lot of the BTW tracks. 

she talks here like amanda sings :toofunny:

AyaKara

Gaga uses 'that' voice in some songs nowadays too, & while singing live. When she sung Poker Face live recently, she used 'that' voice. She also uses it in the bridge of Judas. She knows how to manipulate her voice well -- look at MANiCURE, ARTPOP, and many other songs -- but she's realized that her voice is at it's best at the 'Bad Romance' level of strength. :yes:

Monster Voices

I seriously laughed to hard at this :toofunny: Around the 5th minute it gets ridiculous. I don't know why she's doing that ta all.

Forever and Always!

I don't think the album was pitched. I just think it's due to her being younger and not having an "as strong" voice as she has now. As people grow, develop, and get more experience, their voice matures and becomes stronger. Someone even said that all the touring for The Fame and The Fame Monster has made her voice stronger for the BTW album. Also, the producers could have used pitch correction, and other effects (such at stutter, auto-tune, delay, echo, etc...), on her voice in some songs. 

Ladle Ghoulash

Due to cigs? :spin:

I think it was a conscious decision. I kind of miss it, too. Now it seems like she is "singing normally" (still outstandingly, don't get me wrong) instead of giving it that little theatrical edge that The Fame had.

The theatrical vocal in 'Applause' says hi

Archived