Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th

Are you concerned that G.U.Y isn't catchy enough?

Kenon Astro

Featured Posts

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My concern is that the general public could find it too loud/heavy in terms of different sounds etc., but I don't know. We will see! I hope it will be a huge hit, I'm sure it would make Gaga happy. :)

THIS

P-p-p-poker Face P-p-poker Face

P-p-p-poker Face P-p-poker Face

:ohwell:

thats what made Poker Face a big hit.. this hook. But I cant find a memorable on G.U.Y tbh. I LOVE the song tho

If it isn't catchy enough, then none of the tracks left would probably be too. G.U.Y. is basically among the tracks on ARTPOP which have the "catchiest" lyrics fit for Mainstream Top 40.  

AbuHassan1992

I honestly think it's a bad song. Bad beat, mediocre chorus, bad melody and a clashing chord progression in the chorus. and I don't really like the drums, I hate the double-clap (though I hate double-claps in general)

BricksNStrings

Radio needs "basic", catchy songs. Anything that is too complicated or deep rarely does well with the general public. It's a good song, and I think radio will play it if it's promoted right. She'll need a Bad Romance-type video to get people to check it out. Too much art, or too much controversy will harm its potential. 

Bad Romance was as artsy as it gets

djBuffoon

My opinion might be unpopular but i do think it is repetitive

So were "Poker Face", "LoveGame", "Alejandro"...

Of course! But the GP likes stupidly repetitive songs! The GP these days represents idiots when it comes to music.

WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY? GFDUSAHLFJKCSDALHGKJVFDA

lol, but seriously though, "pah pah pah poker face pah pah poker face" that would make us idiots too I guess. :derpga:

I don't think the repetition is bad here, in fact it's probably good, as it's really what Gaga became known for in the beginning, those inane repetitive hooks that stuck in your head. I think the hook doesn't grab you as much as some of her past hits but it is one of the catchiest on the album. The thing I really wonder is if the public is as thirsty for "old Gaga" as we assume, G.U.Y. sounds different to a lot of what's playing on the radio right now but it's not really new coming from Gaga.. I guess that could be good or bad but we'll see ofc.

CatelynnMarie

My opinion might be unpopular but i do think it is repetitive

This. Not saying it's a bad song, but some people might b*tch about that

Pain of fame1

Well yo have to take into acount also the pre chorus (wich is a masterpiece) and well, thr chorus is also: I'll wrap ypu right up guy, I'll lie down face up...so NO, IT IS PERFECT

freebit

No. G.U.Y. Is seriously the best choice she could have made (next to Sexxx Dreams). It's actually likely to get airplay unlike Venus or Dope, and the concept seems like it might make for a good MV (unlike Gypsy).

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived