💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Critics on G.U.Y

uo111

Featured Posts

Let's find out what they have to say so far. :hor:

Huffington Post

"G.U.Y." (or "Girl Under You") is beyond lyrically engaging, acting both as a "power-bottom anthem" and a gender obfuscation opus dripping with sticky s-x. Contributing to ARTPOP's overwhelming sense of personal satisfaction on Gaga's part, sometimes resulting in a jarring glass wall for the listener, Gaga's pop chops shine in this jam because her own confidence radiates. She asserts, "I don't need to be on top to know I'm wanted, 'cause I'm strong enough to know the truth." It addresses her satisfaction in her current romantic relationship, but the lyric could easily be applied to her superstardom; when Gaga didn't immediately hit number one on the iTunes chart with "Applause," detractors rushed to call it an ARTFLOP. "G.U.Y." shows that Gaga is still one of the smartest musicians in the pop industry, infusing an addictive beat with a smart feminist philosophy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rock-genius/10-reasons-why-lady-gagas_b_4271037.html

Billboard

3. G.U.Y. - After blasting off to sensual heaven on "Venus," Gaga returns to Earth for "G.U.Y." (which stands for 'Girl Under You,') a shuddering dance siren that makes the distinction between gender equality and willful s-xual submission. Zedd's hornet's nest of production swarms Gaga's provocative commands, and the sucker-punch of the hook hammers the message home to create the first true "ARTPOP" standout.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/review/5778227/lady-gaga-ARTPOP-track-by-track-review

Popdust

This is another classic Gaga [hit]. The track sounds a lot like Gaga’s previous hit, Poker Face. It’s an edgy beat with a powerful melody. The pop star highlights her vocal range and musical talent in this track while keeping it upbeat and fun.

You’ll hear this tune in the back of your crush’s car (the back because if you were already a couple you’d be riding shotgun), or on the dance floor of your favorite club. Being interchangeable is one of this Gaga’s biggest talents. There’s so much variety on this album, and G.U.Y is of the type we’ve all learned to love in our experience as Little Monsters.

http://popdust.com/2013/10/11/lady-gagas-ARTPOP-reviewed-g-u-y/

MUUMUSE

Nothing is more fun and immediately infectious than “G.U.Y,†an unapologetically thirsty, astronomical gender**** moment of pop perfection: “Greetings Himeros, God of Sexual Desire,†Gaga announces at the start atop a dinky, 8-bit intro (that sort of sounds like “Judasâ€): “Son of Aphrodite, lay back, and feast as this audio guides you through new and exciting positions.†You see, it’s all about being the G.U.Y (that’s the Girl Under You  DO U SEE WHAT SHE DID THERE?) getting rammed to the heavens by her G.I.R.L: “I wanna be that guy (G-U-Y),†she moans across the chorus, one of the most immediately, endlessly replay-ready cuts on the record. And don’t worry, s-xuality studies majors  it’s empowering! “I don’t have to be on top to know I’m wanted, ’cause I’m strong enough to know the truth,†she declares. An inspiring assertion of power via insertion  and a new national anthem for power bottoms everywhere.

www.muumuse.com/2013/11/lady-gaga-ARTPOP-album-review.html/

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaga told us at artRave in November that GUY was probably going to be the 3rd single ... glad she didn't change her mind  :party:

Pierre

S.L.A.Y.

:ARTPOP:

We posted the smae. :lmao:

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

Ambrosia

Great - dust this era off and get going again!  Addictive beat with smart feminist philosophy!?  I'm down with that.  I'm actually more excited for it now than I was Gypsy and didn't think that was possible.  q9WuDD2.gif

Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. -Socrates

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived