💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Lady Gaga & Katy Perry Like Britney Vs Xtina or MJ vs Madonna?

Economy

Featured Posts

well ppl see the success of their careers now

i think if u were around at the time and saw other artists they competed with at the time (that maybe arent so famous now), and saw moments when maybe their fame went downhill a bit, ud realize they werent as untouchable as it looks when ur looking back at themj 30 years later :shrug:

I totally agree with  you! I think it's just the way people call them ''legends'' or they treat them as if they're mythical that people don't acknowledge the slumps in their careers.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well whats generic now isnt gonna be generic in 5 or 10 years. Generic just basically is generalised into what the masses are into right now right?

I happen to love regular EDM. And I dont care if a songs lyrics are generic or not as long as they have meaning and are well done

im just not liking ARTPOP right now and I like Katies album more this time (usually I prefer Gagas albums just not this time)

I dunno ARTPOP just isnt doing much for me. Hopefully ill like Act II better :shrug:

I like all types of EDM but I usually tend to prefer the more out there things, that's just how I feel.

Ya, I sort of felt the same with Born This Way. I really loved some tracks but others I just couldn't look at....It's a totally normal thing to not enjoy someones album! 

I feel Act II is hopefully going to have some great tracks

Economy

I like all types of EDM but I usually tend to prefer the more out there things, that's just how I feel.

Ya, I sort of felt the same with Born This Way. I really loved some tracks but others I just couldn't look at....It's a totally normal thing to not enjoy someones album!

I feel Act II is hopefully going to have some great tracks

lol I thought born this way was her best album overall. Maybe TFM is just as good but if I had to pick my fav Gaga album for me its Born This Way. Almost every song was sick.

The only song I didnt like much was black jesus/amen fashion

chrismugler

Gaga to be Madonna  :queenga:

Rihanna to be Cher

Katy Perry to be Kylie Minogue

Adele to be Aretha Franklin 

Justin Bieber to be Vanilla Ice :dies:

Lana del Rey to be Bonnie Tyler :ohwell:

B.B.A. / Music Lover / Human.

JustPokeHerFace

I feel like people will appreciate Katy's success, but Gaga's music will be more remembered long term. I mean, I still hear people talk about PF, BR, and Telephone, but in terms of KP's previous singles, I hear about Firework and IKaG a lot. Gaga's music appears to be more memorable.

I don't remember MJ vs. Madonna being a thing. But there was Madonna vs. Janet Jackson, and Madonna vs. Paula Abdul, and of course Madonna vs. Cyndi Lauper, etc.

The surest marker of Gaga's success is that she's now in that position of having others compared to her, as Versace describes above.

LeoFameMonster

TFM and ARTPOP would say otherwise. The Fame was huge WW and so was Born This Way.... but Perry had 2 albums that outsold 2 of Gagas album

over all Gaga is still biger on a WW level but not by a tone, especially taking ARTPOPs mediocre success now

Didn't Prism only outsell Gaga my a few thousands it wasn't like a collasal gap in numbers and Prism is not as big as ARTPOP WW.

Also The Fame was a debut album so no one expect it to do well but her singles did out sell Katy's in that album.

only thing Katy got was I kissed a Girl and Gaga had Just dance, Poker face, Love Games and paparazzi

Can you tell me which albums outsold Gaga's aside from Prism with ARTPOP

It's the clothes people compare to each other  :sweat:

I don't remember MJ vs. Madonna being a thing. But there was Madonna vs. Janet Jackson, and Madonna vs. Paula Abdul, and of course Madonna vs. Cyndi Lauper, etc.

The surest marker of Gaga's success is that she's now in that position of having others compared to her, as Versace describes above.

Same with Britney

People said Britney vs xTine

But also

Britney vs Jessica Simpson

Britney vs Beyonce

Britney vs Any female singer who can even make the smallest threat 

Ladle Ghoulash

~~

I think Gaga would be more like Xtina and Katy is more like Britney? Like they both make great music but it's just not for everyone

GagaDragon

No, comparing Gaga to that basic Katy Perry is an insult as far as i am concerned. Gaga has superseded every artist from this generation and it will stay that way for a while because i think the mainstream music industry is on a steep decline in terms of quality of music being made.

fede ARTPOP

Gaga is way bigger in QUALITY of music over KP...and they will deal :legend:

now·taw·ree·uhs  bee·uhng

Economy

Didn't Prism only outsell Gaga my a few thousands it wasn't like a collasal gap in numbers and Prism is not as big as ARTPOP WW.

Also The Fame was a debut album so no one expect it to do well but her singles did out sell Katy's in that album.

only thing Katy got was I kissed a Girl and Gaga had Just dance, Poker face, Love Games and paparazzi

Can you tell me which albums outsold Gaga's aside from Prism with ARTPOP

im confused... The Fame DID sell really well. It was her biggest album in terms of singles AND sales :huh:

I was talking about TFM did you see?

Having asked people who lived back then this same question, in their primes, it was basically unanimous that MJ and Madonna were legendary.

Selective memory. Madonna was loved, but also hated, deeply (more than Gaga ever has been). And, people were constantly declaring her "over". It took her decades to achieve anything like unanimity.

Economy

No, comparing Gaga to that basic Katy Perry is an insult as far as i am concerned. Gaga has superseded every artist from this generation and it will stay that way for a while because i think the mainstream music industry is on a steep decline in terms of quality of music being made.

Sorry but in my opinion that includes Gaga

ARTPOP was such a letdown for me. Theres literally only 5 or 6 songs on the album i really like. Thats the worst ratio of any album shes put out yet for me :manicure:

Selective memory. Madonna was loved, but also hated, deeply (more than Gaga ever has been). And, people were constantly declaring her "over". It took her decades to achieve anything like unanimity.

thats it basically. 30 years later people dont remember their competitors very well, and they dont remember their down moments in their career either...

When you look at a legend decades later, you mostly remember how successful their career was and stuff but thats all you remember... It makes legends appear to have been bigger in their time than they actually were in reality :shrug:

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived