💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Born This Way is a better album than 21

Quark

Featured Posts

Rollercoaster

If you want to cry and be miserable: 21

If you want to dance naked in the rain on a hot day and punch a hater in the face with a fist full of rainbows and leather straps: BTW.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you are telling me that I can't compare two music albums because of its genres? and yet you compare such diverse things such as fruits and music albums?

I can't tell if you are being serious.

God made fruits, and he did not make them equal. 

So you are telling me that I can't compare two music albums because of its genres? and yet you compare such diverse things such as fruits and music albums?

:toofunny:

If you admit that comparing two fruits is stupid, then you also have to admit that comparing two(totally different) albums is stupid.

And my job here is done.

But I am not talking about any of those in this thread.

No but they equal money, success and relevance.

Vernier

You're comparing albums that are two totally different genres. You look stupid.

Tell that to basically almost every music magazine Year End's lists then? I mean if you make a top 25 albums of 2013 that's ranking based and you place let's say ARTPOP at 25 and a Vampire Weekend at #1, you have kinda compared as you've deemed the album by Vampire Weekend better than ARTPOP. And that's basically what Year End lists do. Same with music videos lists which features multiple genres.

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, just wondering why you and everyone else are calling out the OP when it's something that happens a lot.

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

djBuffoon

If you want to cry and be miserable: 21

If you want to dance naked in the rain on a hot day and punch a hater in the face with a fist full of rainbows and leather straps: BTW.

Basically. (although I love me some 21)

Well it seems like we can't agree with one another. But music is music.

:toofunny:

If you admit that comparing two fruits is stupid, then you also have to admit that comparing two(totally different) albums is stupid.

And my job here is done.

Not in my opinion. Also in case you didn't know, this is a forum to discuss Gaga and music, so why should I stop?

21 is better

stop 

Well it seems like we can't agree with one another. But music is music.

Fruits are fruit. People are people. Animals are animals.

What's your point?

Tell that to basically almost every music magazine Year End's lists then? I mean if you make a top 25 albums of 2013 that's ranking based and you place let's say ARTPOP at 25 and a Vampire Weekend at #1, you have kinda compared as you've deemed the album by Vampire Weekend better than ARTPOP. And that's basically what Year End lists do. Same with music videos lists which features multiple genres.

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, just wondering why you and everyone else are calling out the OP when it's something that happens a lot.

Because it's nonsensical. Gaga makes pop music. Adele makes soul music. Vampire Weekend makes rock music. It just doesn't make sense to compare these things is all.

I think that an album that is popular or that has many awards does not necessarily make it better than an album that doesn't have these things. Also music can always be compared to other music simply because at the end of the day they are all music.

Fruits are fruit. People are people. Animals are animals.

What's your point?

I think that an album that is popular or that has many awards does not necessarily make it better than an album that doesn't have these things. Also music can always be compared to other music simply because at the end of the day they are all music.

Alright but that's not what you said.

You said BTW is better than 21. That's certainly your opinion, but it's no different than apples are better than oranges.

If you want to say awards don't make an album better, you are right. But neither does your opinion. In fact, nothing really makes one album better than another. Better is the definition of subjective.

Also, obligatory, "Also fruit can always be compared to other fruit simply because at the end of the day they are all fruit."

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived