Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Better Producer: Gaga or Kanye?

sexy

Featured Posts

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster

Singles aren't the best songs from albums, they're just the ones someone involved thinks are most radio or mainstream friendly.

If you haven't listened to Kanye's music then of course you don't understand why he's widely considered a genius.

Then maybe you can explain to me, cuz I don't think I'll listen to every rap album of his...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Then maybe you can explain to me, cuz I don't think I'll listen to every rap album of his...

I don't see how I could explain it in words, or how you could expect me to. His genius is expressed in music; it can't be translated out of that medium into a brief message between strangers on an internet forum.

If you have no interest in listening to him, then don't. That's fine. But then don't be baffled that you don't understand his appeal. Of course you don't!

Blue Jeans

If you just skip around of course you won't get the build-up or emotional impact of the songs. His work is more than the sum of its parts; its everything working together that makes it genius.

They are repetitive beats, yeah. But I'm not sure making them less repetitive would make them better.

this.  if you listen to runaway for example, the beat might be repetitive, but it has such a deep emotional build up, you don't even want the song to end :cry:

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

TimisaMonster

I don't see how I could explain it in words, or how you could expect me to. His genius is expressed in music; it can't be translated out of that medium into a brief message between strangers on an internet forum.

If you have no interest in listening to him, then don't. That's fine. But then don't be baffled that you don't understand his appeal. Of course you don't!

Well...I would think you could say ONE thing that makes him a musical genius besides just saying it's expressed in the music...but okay :shrug:

I don't listen to rap or his music, but the songs he releases as the single ( which are supposed to be the best songs from albums) don't sound THAT great...plus how can someone be a self titled "genius" when it comes to music? What makes him a genius?

It all depends on taste, I suppose. But if you break down a lot of his lyrics (especially from the very beginning) he is quite the genius. I get his arrogant attitude may be a turn off and his ongoing rants may turn people off from his music and they'd probably deny his "genius" claims, but the man is truly good at what he does. He truly is one of the greatest rappers of our time. The "School" Trilogy records (that's what I call them at least) pretty much showcase his talents) From there, he shot off as one of the most memorable rappers and musicians now.

I guess the reason why I would choose him over Gaga is because I've been following his music and style for the past 9-10 years and his music overall has gotten better to me. Gaga has a lot of time to prove herself as a producer. Her productions with other people are very good. Her solo production, "Venus" may be catchy, but it's not a "bar-none genius production"

I guess specific taste in music matters.  :shrug:

TimisaMonster

It all depends on taste, I suppose. But if you break down a lot of his lyrics (especially from the very beginning) he is quite the genius. I get his arrogant attitude may be a turn off and his ongoing rants may turn people off from his music and they'd probably deny his "genius" claims, but the man is truly good at what he does. He truly is one of the greatest rappers of our time.

I guess the reason why I would choose him over Gaga is because I've been following his music and style for the past 9-10 years and his music overall has gotten better to me. Gaga has a lot of time to prove herself as a producer. Her productions with other people are very good. Her solo production, "Venus" may be catchy, but it's not a "bar-none genius production"

I guess specific taste in music matters.  :shrug:

So it's more of his writing then...not the production of his music...I thought that's what the thread was about :awkney: I've always known rap to be VERY repetitive with looping beats for 6 minutes, which is why I was baffled when people said his productions are better than Gaga's  :giveup:

DrewStevens

Gaga is just a co-producer like many other artists, probably because she is there when they are producing the song and she ads some ideas. 

Kanye wins

I know Kanye is a musician (which is not a superpower) but half of his music is not created by him. I believe he is a good producer, but everytime someone calls him a genius all I wanna do is go with my grandpa and say "you were right, our generation and our music is ****ed up". Babbage, Einstein, Mozart, Beethoven, Da Vinci, Socrates... these guys are the real geniuses.

Ellie Goulding

I will never forgive Kanye for cancelling my Yeezus date :manicure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAfFfqiYLp0

All you have to do is listen to this song to see that he's an amazing producer. 

Well...I would think you could say ONE thing that makes him a musical genius besides just saying it's expressed in the music...but okay :shrug:

Well to be broad, the main thing that impresses me about his music is how all the elements work together so well to create cohesive emotional experiences. It's about the production AND the lyrics, together. Neither alone is that amazing but like I said, its all more than the sum of the parts.

His lyrics are notable because, though they touch on all the same themes as most mainstream rap, there's always an uncommon element of honest vulnerability or self-aware reflection under the surface. So the songs can be enjoyed on different levels, and appreciated more the more one listens to them.

He's also highly praised because he is always pushing himself to do something different with each release, especially when it comes to the characteristic sound of each album.

I know Kanye is a musician (which is not a superpower) but half of his music is not created by him.

The way he works is like a film director; they create the film and get most of the credit but they don't do do literally every single thing on the production.

Not so far from Gaga.

So it's more of his writing then...not the production of his music...I thought that's what the thread was about :awkney: I've always known rap to be VERY repetitive with looping beats for 6 minutes, which is why I was baffled when people said his productions are better than Gaga's  :giveup:

Late Registration, Graduation, and 808s featured less than three producers, with the exception of a few. So I would say Kanye had a huge contribution to the writing and producing of his records.

His first record The College Dropout was entirely produced by himself, so I would actually say he's very well-trained and great at what he does. In my opinion, he just has great songs, and I feel like he's better cause I grew up with his music from a younger age. Eh, I dunno.

DrewStevens

Well to be broad, the main thing that impresses me about his music is how all the elements work together so well to create cohesive emotional experiences. It's about the production AND the lyrics, together. Neither alone is that amazing but like I said, its all more than the sum of the parts.

His lyrics are notable because, though they touch on all the same themes as most mainstream rap, there's always an uncommon element of honest vulnerability or self-aware reflection under the surface. So the songs can be enjoyed on different levels, and appreciated more the more one listens to them.

He's also highly praised because he is always pushing himself to do something different with each release, especially when it comes to the characteristic sound of each album.

The way he works is like a film director; they create the film and get most of the credit but they don't do do literally every single thing on the production.

Not so far from Gaga.

I admit that he is a good producer and an artist with his lyrics and the sampling, but I wouldn't use the word "genius" to describe him 

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived