Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

ARTPOP Discussion & Info Database 1-4-2012 thru 7-11-2013

SMILE2NE1

Featured Posts

TheZoto

It would be hilarious if we locked this thread on page 2013 and sent it to Gaga, with a note attached saying, "Okay, we're done... Now give us ARTPOP!" I would die... lol

Shaney

Off topic: Live It Up is so gooood

I hope Gaga made magic with him this time around :ohno:

Americano

That song made me happy it seems like they arent talking anymore lol

Rino

you must be kidding right? Pyrenti I liked you so much omg :cryga: 

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

Americano

Zedd â€@Zedd 12h
btw is that new j lo song for real?!?"?!?!?!?!?WPI(WPER(UÄASÖLDKÄAÖSLDKÄÖALSKDÄÖALSKDÖÄLAKSÄÖDLKASÄÖDLKAMÖLSKDJAKSJD

Makes me think that they (redone/zedd) arent on the same album (ARTPOP) lol

Shaney

@Rino tbh the only good part is the chorus :derpga: the rest sounds awkward, especially 'make love, dont fight, lets fuq tonight' :megaflop:

I was not implying I want ARTPOP to be like that LMAO omg ew no

Rino

@Rino tbh the only good part is the chorus :derpga: the rest sounds awkward, especially 'make love, dont fight, lets fuq tonight' :megaflop:

I was not implying I want ARTPOP to be like that LMAO omg ew no

the chorus sounds so similar to Starships chorus. I mean the melody + that breakdown :wtf:

RedOne, how in the hell were you able to make The Fame Monster? It's just embarassing  

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

You don't need to eliminate the beat to make a nice, light and a softer song.. I mean, take a listen to this song by Madeon, it's a pure EDM symphony.

This song by Madeon is nice, but it relies way too much on the beats to be exciting and new. It's the beat that bring the action and makes the groove of the song. I would like to see what happens when you take that out. I'm not sure it would be good, I'd just like to see if you can create an alternative to that.

Taking out the beats altogether would be close to impossible but I would really like if it was toned down or if you can replace it by something else. (A piano/keyboard progression, a bass line, even a vocal loop...)

When you take a song like Scheiße -which is absolutely fantastic- that repetitive beat bring that really techno-y feel. I feel if you want to push a genre of music into a new place, you need to dissect its core. Lay out all the elements and figure out how you could tweak them into something new.

And I feel the beat is the first way to go if you want to bring something new to electronic music.

Gaga's music always had that fast beat (from Poker Face to Telephone, from Marry The Night up to Stache) in the background and I wonder if she changed that this time around.

And if the mix she created for Mugler is any indication of what ARTPOP has in stores, well she definitely took that into consideration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvLrmvPE0tQ

There's still a strong background beat but the keyboard notes and the industrial sounds are what really keep the song going for a change and you have a completely different feel. You don't have that chopping techno, you have a nice flowy -strong and dark- rythm.

You then add an interesting vocal line and a nice flowing speech and you get really avant-garde music.

My point about the beat is: if you don't rely on it to bring rythm to the music, you'll get something new (in the EDM style).

melodichard

Summer officially starts for me after my final tomorrow so Gaga needs to drop the lead single so I can go to tha club and celebrate kbye

This song by Madeon is nice, but it relies way too much on the beats to be exciting and new. It's the beat that bring the action and makes the groove of the song. I would like to see what happens when you take that out. I'm not sure it would be good, I'd just like to see if you can create an alternative to that.

Taking out the beats altogether would be close to impossible but I would really like if it was toned down or if you can replace it by something else. (A piano/keyboard progression, a bass line, even a vocal loop...)

When you take a song like Scheiße -which is absolutely fantastic- that repetitive beat bring that really techno-y feel. I feel if you want to push a genre of music into a new place, you need to dissect its core. Lay out all the elements and figure out how you could tweak them into something new.

And I feel the beat is the first way to go if you want to bring something new to electronic music.

Gaga's music always had that fast beat (from Poker Face to Telephone, from Marry The Night up to Stache) in the background and I wonder if she changed that this time around.

And if the mix she created for Mugler is any indication of what ARTPOP has in stores, well she definitely took that into consideration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvLrmvPE0tQ

There's still a strong background beat but the keyboard notes and the industrial sounds are what really keep the song going for a change and you have a completely different feel. You don't have that chopping techno, you have a nice flowy -strong and dark- rythm.

You then add an interesting vocal line and a nice flowing speech and you get really avant-garde music.

My point about the beat is: if you don't rely on it to bring rythm to the music, you'll get something new (in the EDM style).

Wow, that's a nice idea after all!!! :party: It would be VERY interesting to hear something like that :flutter:

Or can you imagine if she pulled an Art Of Noise and made a beat out of natural sounds :legend:

I'm not saying that it has to sound exactly like this, but it would be VERY interesting to hear some sampled sounds of our nature when it comes to a beat of EDM. :woot:

Edited by KALEIDOSCOPE

Rino

Wow, that's a nice idea after all!!! :party: It would be VERY interesting to hear something like that :flutter:

Or can you imagine if she pulled an Art Of Noise and made a beat out of natural sounds :legend:

I'm not saying that it has to sound exactly like this, but it would be VERY interesting to hear some sampled sounds of our nature when it comes to a beat of EDM. :woot:

or even like this 

:lolgaga:

but seriously, these guys are so creative. their videos are amazing!  :)

Edited by Rino
月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

or even like this 

:lolgaga:

but seriously, these guys are so creative. their videos are amazing!  :)

WOW :omg: 

artpop11

What does the post say?

The site Azealia Banks Online has posted on Facebook, we will post (when the site has 1000 Likes) Ratchet feat. Lady Gaga, but after few minutes the post was deleted. i think it was fake.

The site Azealia Banks Online has posted on Facebook, we will post (when the site has 1000 Likes) Ratchet feat. Lady Gaga, but after few minutes the post was deleted. i think it was fake.

i made a screenshort, here is the post:

https://littlemonsters.com/post/518bce82c71d19854700002c