💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Enigma's thoughts about Gaga and her works

Quark

Featured Posts

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I totally disagree :omg: She's performed quite a lot in my opinion, and for quite big events too - like for example the VMAs, AMAs, iTunes festival, Jingle Bell Ball, etc :party:

Yeah, and there were all pretty spread apart. She had a few interviews pre and directly the week after release, but after that, we haven't really seen her on TV. 

She's not wrong. She's an artist. She's a revolutionary. You just don't criticise a revolutionary.

What would've happened if the classical legend Beethoven payed attention to people who booed him and his 'unlistenable music' and said he went too far?

That's not even true, people criticize revolutionaries all the time. That's how they become revolutionists. Take Van Gogh for example and the impressionist movement. People absolutely hated his work because it did not fit with the guidelines of the time, but he became very celebrated posthumously because of his technique and interpretation of beauty in pain.  

The same happened with Beethoven, just so you know. The critics and him did not get along very well. His very first few symphonies were harshly received, and many people used words such as "discord and "absurdity" to describe his work. 

One quote from a critic on Beethoven's symphonies is:

“a gross enormity, an immense wounded snake, unwilling to die, but writhing in its last agonies, and in the Finale bleeding to death."

tl;dr: you don't know what you're talking about.

That's not even true, people criticize revolutionaries all the time. That's how they become revolutionists. Take Van Gogh for example and the impressionist movement. People absolutely hated his work because it did not fit with the guidelines of the time, but he became very celebrated posthumously because of his technique and interpretation of beauty in pain.  

The same happened with Beethoven, just so you know. The critics and him did not get along very well. His very first few symphonies were harshly received, and many people used words such as "discord and "absurdity" to describe his work. 

One quote from a critic on Beethoven's symphonies is:

“a gross enormity, an immense wounded snake, unwilling to die, but writhing in its last agonies, and in the Finale bleeding to death."

tl;dr: you don't know what you're talking about.

That's what I said tho.

That's what I said tho.

Yeah, but you said we can't criticize them, which is not true. You're implying that criticism leads to the destruction of the artist, which is not true as that depends on the person. If you can't handle criticism, then you're not built to be in the public eye. Instead, criticism, deconstructive and constructive critiscism specially (note that deconstruction is not the opposite of constructive, they are both different ideas.) alike should be taken and interpreted in order to evolve as an artist. I believe that Artist + Criticism = Revolutionary ideas.

Also, Beethoven could really "listen" to people booing him cause he was kinda deaf :fan:

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived