💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

General Charts Discussion - Taylor's 1989 is swiftly coming for 5M+

Mills

Featured Posts

Gypsy Life

How do you know it's going top 10? 

Where will Shake It Off be?

I hope AATB gets to reach 20 weeks in the top 10.

Increasing in streaming, sales and radio, and it was #13 last week.

Top 5.

Isn't it already at ~18 weeks? I know it spent 15 weeks in the top 2 and 1 week at #3.

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PicklePower

Increasing in streaming, sales and radio, and it was #13 last week.

Top 5.

Isn't it already at ~18 weeks? I know it spent 15 weeks in the top 2 and 1 week at #3.

Yeah, somebody on ATRL said it was 18 weeks. Now that it's nominated for 2 GRAMMY's, it might stick around awhile longer. It's at #8 on iTunes, right now. Hopefully it sticks in the top 10 of iTunes next week. So it might fall on the Hot 100 and then rise a little the next week. Hopefully.

MEGHAN TRAINOR | Katy Perry | Taylor Swift | Lady Gaga | Rihanna | Ariana Grande | Beyoncé | Nicki Minaj | Sam Smith

Gypsy Life

Yeah, somebody on ATRL said it was 18 weeks. Now that it's nominated for 2 GRAMMY's, it might stick around awhile longer. It's at #8 on iTunes, right now. Hopefully it sticks in the top 10 of iTunes next week. So it might fall on the Hot 100 and then rise a little the next week. Hopefully.

AATB has from this week until the first week of January on lock in the top 10. That's 23 weeks already.

Radios should start their year-end countdowns in a couple of days until early January, so AATB should get a good boost in sales, radio airplay and streaming to keep it afloat. 

photo-26373.jpg?_r=1417882210

:lmao:

PicklePower

AATB has from this week until the first week of January on lock in the top 10. That's 23 weeks already.

Radios should start their year-end countdowns in a couple of days until early January, so AATB should get a good boost in sales, radio airplay and streaming to keep it afloat. 

:lmao:

I think it has a good chance at Song of the Year, so hopefully if it wins that it'll get a big boost.

When are the Year End charts published?

MEGHAN TRAINOR | Katy Perry | Taylor Swift | Lady Gaga | Rihanna | Ariana Grande | Beyoncé | Nicki Minaj | Sam Smith

:rip: 

Gypsy Life

Blank Space
#1 United States
#1 United Kingdom
#1 Canada

#1 New Zealand
#2 Australia

#11 Germany
#25 Denmark
#27 Switzerland
#29 Belgium
#32 Spain
#36 Netherlands
#47 Russia
#54 Japan
#74 France
#93 Italy

#2 United States
#2 Australia
#3 Canada
#3 New Zealand

#13 United Kingdom

#14 Brazil
#17 Denmark
#17 India
#30 Germany
#32 Spain
#46 Switzerland
#47 Netherlands
#54 Austria
#73 Belgium
#87 Italy
#91 France
#91 Russia

Some people were asking why Taylor gets called local earlier, right  :huh:

PicklePower

If Lips Are Movin' starts increasing any slower on radio, it's going to be going backwards... :rip:

ViviLittleM

In just 5 weeks, Taylor Swift's album 1989 has sold 3,516,800 copies, trumping Coldplay's Ghost Stories as the best selling album released in 2014. Here's the whole top 5 in comparison.

1. Taylor Swift - 1989 - 3,516,800
2. Coldplay - Ghost Stories - ~3,370,700
3. Ed Sheeran - X - 3,218,100
4. Sam Smith - In The Lonely Hour - 2,634,800
5. Pharrell Williams - G I R L - ~2,145,000

*albums with a ~ symbol in their total have not charted within the top 50 for a number of weeks, meaning I had to estimate how much they've sold since dropping out the chart.

Source: MusiCharts

danwasd

In just 5 weeks, Taylor Swift's album 1989 has sold 3,516,800 copies, trumping Coldplay's Ghost Stories as the best selling album released in 2014. Here's the whole top 5 in comparison.

*albums with a ~ symbol in their total have not charted within the top 50 for a number of weeks, meaning I had to estimate how much they've sold since dropping out the chart.

Source: MusiCharts

luckythisway

I think it has a good chance at Song of the Year, so hopefully if it wins that it'll get a big boost.

When are the Year End charts published?

She better not win SOTY... Sia needs to win that

CHROMATICA

TheFame Monster

She better not win SOTY... Sia needs to win that

Sia won't go up to accept it though...

SharGaga

well yeah, for instance it'll probably end up with 1.2-1.4m outside the US. Not too far from ARTPOP's 1.1m, below Prism's 1.7m, on par with another local artist Beyoncé (1.3m) and more than yet another local artist Miley (600k).

In short, it's on par with the other female artists. She's not above anyone outside of the US like the media has been overrating her for the past few months.

1989 has already sold 900K outside the US according to MT in like 5 or 6 weeks. :rip: Her last album Red sold 2 million outside the US according to MT. She's gonna end up outselling all the girls. 

Dangerous Man

Taylor. :legend:

Also, hopefully My Everything will hit 2x platinum next year now that it's platinum in the US. :teehee:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Paper Gangsta

Everyone is wondering how it even got nomination and you're expecting it to win?

http://musicharts.net/index.php?cat=charts&chid=0

• Mills locked and unpinned this topic

Archived