Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

General Charts Discussion - Taylor's 1989 is swiftly coming for 5M+

Mills

Featured Posts

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was busy as hell with university work.  :giveup:

Style is the best choice for 3rd single. I would love if Taylor releases Wildest Dreams as a single too. 

Taylor already confirmed that Style is the third single.

I do wonder though...why is she promoting it already?

Blank Space is only in it's second week at no. 1, no?

Gypsy Life

4th I think.

Pure Adrenaline

2. Hozier - "Take Me To Church" [+1]

4. Maroon 5 - "Animals" [+1]

10. Ariana Grande/The Weeknd - "Love Me Harder" [=]

it's sas whenb there are only 3 good songs in the top 10 

QsTBwo0.gif

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Whispering

Probably because it made sense on the VS fashion show.

Plus, Blank Space is already a secured #1 hit. Might as well get an early start on the third #1.

2. Hozier - "Take Me To Church" [+1]

4. Maroon 5 - "Animals" [+1]

10. Ariana Grande/The Weeknd - "Love Me Harder" [=]

it's sas whenb there are only 3 good songs in the top 10 

I'm enjoying the majority of the songs in the top 10...finally! 2 to 6 months ago was radio hell, for me. I couldn't even listen to it.

Pure Adrenaline

Probably because it made sense on the VS fashion show.

Plus, Blank Space is already a secured #1 hit. Might as well get an early start on the third #1.

I'm enjoying the majority of the songs in the top 10...finally! 2 to 6 months ago was radio hell, for me. I couldn't even listen to it.

yes there weree a lot darker times the fact that there are 3 song that I could enjoy is good .... still there was times when the whole top 10 was worthy of buying :emma:

Did Billboard stop providing the digital single sales :udidnt: 

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Whispering

yes there weree a lot darker times the fact that there are 3 song that I could enjoy is good .... still there was times when the whole top 10 was worthy of buying :emma:

I don't think I've ever felt that way...ever! :)

It'll easily outsell it in the US at this rate. WW? I think so too. It's her first official pop album and the further release of hit singles would strengthen the album to have legs and attain longevity comparable to Frozen next year. 4M+ WW by the end of 2014, 5M+ WW by February next year, and 6M+ by the end of 2015 - I find all of these extremely feasible.

I'm more intrigued with its official numbers though. Frozen is on track to have official (i.e. from the label/IFPI) WW reported sales as high as 7 million by the end of this year. Taylor Swift has only one album with WW reported sales of more than 7M, and that's Fearless, her 2008 breakout release (9M WW sales). But given her current IFPI streak (Speak Now moved 4.3M in 2010; Red moved 5.1M in 2012), I'm expecting IFPI / Vivendi to report around 5.5M-6M WW sales for 1989 by the end of this year. If that'd indeed happen, it should have no problem passing Frozen's WW sales by 2015 then since it has the full support of radio and a world tour to help her secure at least another two million units WW next year. 

UPDATE: Official WW reported sales for 1989 have now reached 4 million, her 5th consecutive studio album to do so - http://gagadaily.com/index.php/topic/130682-list-of-albums-w-the-biggest-reported-ww-sales-in-the-digital-era/?p=6026817

Well Taylor's sales are definitely impressive, and 1989 is such a great album. She deserves to outsell Frozen imho.

CANADA

8 Ariana Grande & The Weeknd - Love Me Harder DARK GREEN

SLAYYY!

Meggy is coming lips are movin' is 11 !

Redstreak

Congrats to Taylor! This is her first time being #1 on Hot 100 for 4 consecutive weeks! :party:

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

BlondeKingOfGGD

Omg Style at #11 in the US

When do you think this will be OFFICIALLY released as a single? im thinking January..

Blank Space needs to burn out a bit Style will easily go #1 in the US.

Blank Space would have got #2 MAYBE #1 in the UK if she hadn't taken her music down from spotify :')

I'm hoping Style can get top 10 in the UK somewhere around #5-#8 :)

Omg Style at #11 in the US

When do you think this will be OFFICIALLY released as a single? im thinking January..

Blank Space needs to burn out a bit Style will easily go #1 in the US.

Blank Space would have got #2 MAYBE #1 in the UK if she hadn't taken her music down from spotify :')

I'm hoping Style can get top 10 in the UK somewhere around #5-#8 :)

taylor might need to space her singles cause i mean Shake if Off is still slaying but so is blank space. if she releases style too early it might be too much?

BlondeKingOfGGD

taylor might need to space her singles cause i mean Shake if Off is still slaying but so is blank space. if she releases style too early it might be too much?

Yeahh that's what i was thinking :O it seems like there being rushed a little :/

Gagamel

Lol imb4 taylor replaces herself for a second time with Style :spin:

1989 has so many good single choices its so hard to pick. I would like Style > Out of the woods > Wildest Dreams > all you had to do was stay

• Mills locked and unpinned this topic

Archived