💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why were people upset with the England leg of the BTWB?

Born To Slay

Featured Posts

LStephens11

No.......Scotland is still technically a country. It just identifies as part of the UK.

And not everyone in Scotland wants independence, thank you

It's technically a sovereign state, composed of four different constituent countries.

Within the UK is what can be termed Great Britain (the big island) - this is Scotland, England and Wales. Out of these three, she only had dates in England during the BTWB.

I'm American and I know this :laughga:

I love the United Kingdom :legend:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my goodness.

It's really sort of simple (not directed at the OP, but other posters). 

The size of a country has nothing to do with it.  It's profit. It's sales. It's the market she has there.  In a perfect world, she could just go wherever she wanted and please everyone, but she can't.

This country buys a lot of albums?  More shows there, because there are more people to buy tickets.  This one doesn't?  Then putting more shows in that country would be extremely unwise as they would probably lose money just by doing it, because there aren't as many people to buy tickets.  Touring brings in money, but it also costs a LOT.  They have to pay to use the arena. And to travel, which involves transporting tons of people and TOOONSSS of equipment.  And advertising.  

There is no logic in placing more shows in countries where there isn't as much demand.  Supply and demand.  It applies here. 

We all know that she would love to have her shows be easily accessible to absolutely everyone who wants to go, but only so much can be done.  She needs to make money in order to keep making music, point blank.  People who don't make profit get dropped from their record labels, or at the very least, lose funding for their projects.  Nobody wants that, I think we can agree.

But yeah, more shows in the UK makes sense.  I wonder who made that decision last time and why. 

bionic

Just a little statistics for the debate: 

The Monster Ball tour saw Gaga doing 21 shows in the UK with estimated 223,000 tickets sold

and 3 shows in Germany with 26,200 tickets sold 

The Born This Way Ball tour saw Gaga doing 3 dates in the UK with 116,793 tickets sold

and 4 shows in Germany with 47,907 tickets sold. 

In the UK, a country with est. 63,230,000 people over 3,835,000 Lady Gaga albums have been sold 

In Germany, a country with est. 81,890,000 people over 1,100,000 Lady Gaga albums have been sold. 

The numbers speak for itself, the UK is her second biggest music market and the demand for a Gaga music/show seems to be bigger than anywhere else in Europe. Gaga should just schedule a really big date in London (Wembley) and visit some cities besides Manchester (Belfast, Liverpool, London, Glasgow, Newcastle, Cardiff, Birmingham, Nottingham and Sheffield). UK is exceptional because it's a market huge for her in both: music + touring. There's nothing bad or wrong about it :shrug:   

I think that's it really. I was surprised when there were only 3 dates, because I remember she came back to the UK several times with TMB. It's weird to see a tour from such a major artist only go to the UK a few more times than they come here to Sweden. 

IDK how transport in the UK, but I imagine that it would be difficult for people who lived in Scotland + South West England. I feel their pain, where I live in Sweden it's faster & cheaper to go to Helsinki than to Stockholm. Regardless, I would have to take a day off school/work (depending on the day, maybe even both). IIRC Gaga went all over the UK with the MB, I know she went to Liverpool and Cardiff.

buy bionic

thefamebitch

You guys wanna talk about unfair? My date got canceled less than 24 hours before the show, I couldn't cancel the transportation, hotel booking, etc so I had to pay for all of the stuff I would have used but didn't. Be happy some of you saw her at all!!!

Better Day

It's not fair, England isn't a country - It's Britain and They are Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales

Together You And I!

It's not fair, England isn't a country - It's Britain and They are Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales

It is you bloody idiot. England is a country and Britain is a sovereign state!

Better Day

It is you bloody idiot. England is a country and Britain is a sovereign state!

Tbh, to me Britain is a country but that's just me tho

Together You And I!

Yeah it's harder in Europe because of all the traveling. I' lucky to live in America where it isn't much of a problem

No it's not. In the European Union you can travel through all countries like you guys in America through your states.

We don't need to show passport when we want to go to another EU-state

Cameron Dallas

No it's not. In the European Union you can travel through all countries like you guys in America through your states.

We don't need to show passport when we want to go to another EU-state

I'm just quoting what other Europeans said :shrug:

Oh my goodness.

It's really sort of simple (not directed at the OP, but other posters). 

The size of a country has nothing to do with it.  It's profit. It's sales. It's the market she has there.  In a perfect world, she could just go wherever she wanted and please everyone, but she can't.

This country buys a lot of albums?  More shows there, because there are more people to buy tickets.  This one doesn't?  Then putting more shows in that country would be extremely unwise as they would probably lose money just by doing it, because there aren't as many people to buy tickets.  Touring brings in money, but it also costs a LOT.  They have to pay to use the arena. And to travel, which involves transporting tons of people and TOOONSSS of equipment.  And advertising.  

There is no logic in placing more shows in countries where there isn't as much demand.  Supply and demand.  It applies here. 

We all know that she would love to have her shows be easily accessible to absolutely everyone who wants to go, but only so much can be done.  She needs to make money in order to keep making music, point blank.  People who don't make profit get dropped from their record labels, or at the very least, lose funding for their projects.  Nobody wants that, I think we can agree.

But yeah, more shows in the UK makes sense.  I wonder who made that decision last time and why. 

But the BTW era was very successful in the UK. It went 3x Platinum!

I'm just quoting what other Europeans said :shrug:

But it really isn't as long as you live inside the European union,even better if you live in the Eurozone. That means you can travel everywhere without showing ur passport and can pay with the same currency 

Laceface

It's not about the size and population of the country, it's about how profitable the market is gonna be for her. The UK should probably be considered to be on her 'second tier' along with Japan. USA on top.

The fact she played so many shows in certain cities in Australia and Asia is great but it's just silly priorities. TMB was very successful in the UK then they decided to just kind of abandon us for BTW.

I'm not even talking about fairness for the fans, I'm just talking from a logical perspective. It just doesn't make sense that she would play 4 shows in Hong Kong, 3 in Singapore, 3 in Auckland, 3408237532 in Australia ... and then only 3 in the UK. We were a stronghold for her album sales up to ARTPOPs debut week. I'm all for her trying to crack new markets and become big in new places, such as Asian countries, but they can't just abandon territories where she was really strong on the last tour. It's crazy.

21 UK shows on The Monster Ball Tour

3 UK shows on The Born This Way Ball Tour

Tbh, to me Britain is a country but that's just me tho

How can it be 'just you' it's not an opinion it's a FACT

Dominic

Mess @ this debate.  

The United Kingdom consists of England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales.  Each are countries.  (I won't go into depth about Ireland until we understand the basics of what a country is).  :toofunny: 

I think she didn't utilise her second-biggest market wisely.

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Better Day

How can it be 'just you' it's not an opinion it's a FACT

I dont care if its an 'FACT' Britain is a country

Together You And I!

Archived