Venus, will it do well?  

231 members have voted

1. 1. How well would it do?

• Bad romance 2.0
    • Applause kind of hit.
    • Unconditionally
    • MTN

Featured Posts

I understand y'all want the album and next single to smash, but honestly, those who play it safe never end up being remembered. It's those who take a chance and take risks who are remembered.

She's been playing it relatively safe this era, so I wouldn't mind her going out on a limb and taking a risk with something like Venus. It's an amazing song.

Though I don't mind either way. Third single could be whatever and I'm here for it. I just want Venus as a single at some point. Maybe fourth or fifth if not the third.

Exactly. This is the safest era since The Fame, and as a result we're seeing sub-par sales. She needs to prove to people that ARTPOP isn't just some standard pop album, but has some innovation on it worth experiencing.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stefani328

• Gagaloo911

• Dean Winchester

• LordDisick

OH and btw Sexxx Dreams will be censored on the radio to that dreadful safe version, itch dreams or whatever. No point in picking that.

I can picture her rerecording s-xxx dreams and replacing it with "last night...you were in my fan-ta-sy"

Edited by joey94

freebit

Venus is nuts. Picking it as a single is just :wtf: I know she probably wants it to represent the era, but it's still the most niche song on the album - even Jewels N' Drugs has a better chance of hitting.

Though I have to admit when I first heard Venus it reminded me of the first time I heard The Cardigans Lovefool on the radio as a kid. I had the same WTF reaction to it. It too had a weird, cheesy, light Scandinavian ABBA-ish vibe to it. Everyone seemed to hate it at first...yet it took off.

Edited by freebit

Gagaloo911

I can't see why people won't ever understand this. Tbh I played Venus and Sexxx Dreams for three or my friends who only like mainstream music and they only remembered and liked Venus. 

Not that three people can be generalized but even the mainstream bunch has different tastes. 

So what does this have to do with Venus exactly? Venus has more hooks than any other song haha.

OH and btw Sexxx Dreams will be censored on the radio to that dreadful safe version, itch dreams or whatever. No point in picking that.

It's "X Dreams" :smh:

And yes, Sexxx Dreams on the radio will be an absolute mess. I pray she doesn't release it. Venus has so many hooks. I love Sexxx Dreams, but compared to Venus it fails. Not nearly as catchy.

Not to mention that Venus chorus :giveup:

My point is Applause may sound weird and there are parts that are weird but as a whole Venus is much less appealing, from the intro to the bridge. The bridge alone. As I said before my opinion.I just don't see Venus doing as well as Applause if released.

I disagree. Venus is just full of hooks, has more hooks than any other song on the album. People generally don't care about the lyrics so long as the beat and melody is good, which I can assure you it is with Venus. That chorus and those other hooks will have people blaring it on high and melting in their seats. Or not.

Regardless though Venus is catchy as hell and I think with that and the chorus and hooks alone, mixed with a great video, it could do pretty well.

I love Venus, I think it's a great song but I don't know if I'd like it as a single. Only because it would be a wasted single spot that could go to another song from the album. Venus has had a semi-moment what with the rush change; we still got some great performances from it, it's had quite a lot of promo so I think it would be nice to move onto something else now :) Also, I think she might end up releasing the video on the app or something anyway so there's no need to release it...although it would be epic to hear it on the radio. At the end of the day it's not that big a deal but I would like for the single to be something fresh rather than something that has already been promoted a fair amount (X Factor UK, Graham Norton, the performance in Japan, The Muppets Special). I know a lot of songs from the album have also been performed but idk, to me it feels like both Venus and DWUW are the second single at the moment. I think Venus would have been a good single choice for the lead or second single (had things not changed) but it kind of feels like its moment is over now. Give the world Sexxx Dreams, MANiCURE, Gypsy or G.U.Y. as the the third single instead (I know most have them have been performed a few times, but it just feels different with Venus...maybe only because I know it was meant to be a single...)

There is a way to satisfy both those who want Venus as the 3rd single and thos who want Gypsy : Release Venus . This way we get 2 singles the same month .

Stefani328

"Don't you know my *** is famous?"

This will kill her career.

My point exactly. Who but a fan and not even all fans would find that appealing?

It's a great song but lets leave it as an album gem please. This song would not help any damage control she's been attempting to do.

Edited by Katy Perry

I wouldn't mind if Venus become the next single.

However, Gaga must not left Gypsy out of the single choices. It HAS to be a single.

There is a way to satisfy both those who want Venus as the 3rd single and thos who want Gypsy : Release Venus . This way we get 2 singles the same month .

:awkney:

My point exactly. Who but a fan and not even all fans would find that appealing?

Luckily the US isn't the only country in the world . ;) There are tons of other countries where people would bop to Venus without even having a clue what she's singing about .

It's kinda unfair to release singles that would do well in the US .  :noparty:

Jewels n Drugs

I would be kind of disappointed. Gypsy :noparty: please! Now is not the time for an experimental single like Venus tbh especially for ARTPOP as an album.

I agree. She needs a strong radio friendly single aka MANiCURE

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

Economy

she may be considering it. thats probably why shes withheld the video from us for now and has not hyped it up for now

Also its the kind of song that if it coaught on it could do quite well. It certainly would be accepted by more radio stations than "s-xxx dreams" even tho everyone is convinced its not controversial at all and radio will play it regardless :roll:

• Shadow locked this topic