Venus, will it do well?  

231 members have voted

1. 1. How well would it do?

• Bad romance 2.0
    • Applause kind of hit.
    • Unconditionally
    • MTN

Featured Posts

If she actually thinks this song deserves single status, she needs to give up on this album now. If there's honestly nothing better than Venus we may as well pack it in.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stefani328

• Gagaloo911

• Dean Winchester

• LordDisick

Smooth Criminal

It will SLAY! It's has "GAGA" written all over it. It's a signature Gaga song. All it needs is a video of BR standards and the fans/GP will be BLOWN AWAY!

GODDESS OF LOVE, I'm ready for your arrival!  :excited2:

Chinosky

I don't really know. I think it's a song for the fans not the gp but it's like Bad Romance too. Br smashed not because of the meaning of the song but because of it's production, video and it's catchy. That may happen to Venus but it may not too. 

Maybe a great video and promotion will make it a hit. 

Edited by Chinosky
Father, Son, and House of Cucci

I think it'll slay. Everyone here thought DWUW and MTN would have smashed, and they didnt. They thought Alejandro and You and I would have flopped, and they didnt. The whole fanbase here thought TEOG was basic when they first heard, and then they all loved it when it got #3 on Billboard.

BYE

MessyTop

whoever votes Bad romance 2.0 is the most delusional member EVER. EW. This thing will flop hard

This.

She performed the song and it was meh. The muppets performance was a mess and people didn't like the song. It's just a random track with horrendous lyrics. Sorry.

Gypsy all the way

ArtGagaPop

I think the song could smash if it get's a extremly good video that goes viral like bad romance. If not... then maybe top 20

BananaTouch

Everyone here thought DWUW and MTN would have smashed, and they didnt. 

DWUW stayed in the top 20 without a video or as much radio support as Applause had. With the right planning and without the whole thing Gaga had to go through during this single era, it would have easily stayed inside the top 10 for weeks and smash.

Edit: Imagine Venus in the same situation as DWUW :awkney: Don't even want to imagine.

Edited by BananaTouch

ManuelMonsterr

Everyone said that Bad Romance wouldn't chart because it was too weird. Let's just take a moment to consider that, shall we? 

Venus is weird. I mean, it's freaking weird. I love it so much, I wish this site would stop bashing it. I think it would slay. The public complain that Gaga's music doesn't live up to her facade in terms of art value. Venus would totally challenge that. Everyone says that the GP can't relate to her because she's too weird, but I think it's the opposite. She toned down the craycray this era and it's been her least successful thus far. I think the public love to have an oddball popstar that gives them interesting sounds, imagery and concepts.

I mean, look back at some of the most iconic pop stars… Bowie, Madonna, MJ, Kate Bush, Bjork, Grace Jones. None of them were easily digestible. They were weird, exciting and pushed boundaries. That is the attraction to Gaga. Not the turn-off. We need to quit with this idea that the GP are somehow less sophisticated or intelligent than we are, as it really is not the case. 

lol

Bad Romance was riding the momentum that the flawless The Fame had (including that 09 vmas performance)

she cant afford a song like venus right now, people are sick of her weirdness

stop being so delusional please

MessyTop

lol

Bad Romance was riding the momentum that the flawless The Fame had (including that 09 vmas performance)

she cant afford a song like venus right now, people are sick of her weirdness

stop being so delusional please

Bad romance had brilliant lyrics

Venus ... Well... "Aphrodite lady seashell bikini (Garden panty)". Let's just say it's not the same. Sorry.

JesseBabe

Everyone said that Bad Romance wouldn't chart because it was too weird. Let's just take a moment to consider that, shall we? 

Venus is weird. I mean, it's freaking weird. I love it so much, I wish this site would stop bashing it. I think it would slay. The public complain that Gaga's music doesn't live up to her facade in terms of art value. Venus would totally challenge that. Everyone says that the GP can't relate to her because she's too weird, but I think it's the opposite. She toned down the craycray this era and it's been her least successful thus far. I think the public love to have an oddball popstar that gives them interesting sounds, imagery and concepts.

I mean, look back at some of the most iconic pop stars… Bowie, Madonna, MJ, Kate Bush, Bjork, Grace Jones. None of them were easily digestible. They were weird, exciting and pushed boundaries. That is the attraction to Gaga. Not the turn-off. We need to quit with this idea that the GP are somehow less sophisticated or intelligent than we are, as it really is not the case. 

ManuelMonsterr

Bad romance had brilliant lyrics

Venus ... Well... "Aphrodite lady seashell bikini (Garden panty)". Let's just say it's not the same. Sorry.

yes that too  :toofunny:

• Shadow locked this topic