Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Your opinions on cameras at a show?

Luc

Featured Posts

Why is it annoying you guys so much? It's not like it was your problem that they "miss the experience" as you say. I just don't get all the annoyance in it lol. So taking a few pics to remember the time of your life shouldn't be allowed cause it annoys you alot? Oh okay its iight

It's hard to explain. But when everybody's standing still taking photos it takes away from the experience. I care a lot about public reaction and they're a part of the performance in my opinion. And next to that, there's a kind of peer pressure that you don't notice that most people aren't going to dance if they're the only person dancing but if 50% of the other people were dancing they'd feel okay to do so.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LiseDilling

It's also about the environment you're in, whether everybody is jumping and having a great time or you're the only one there dancing or paying attention makes a big difference to your enjoyment. That's just true. Of course, whether I have a good time and dance depends on me but it's just not fun to be the only one at a show that seems to enjoy it even a small bit.

Totally agree! That's why, IMO, though people should be allowed to filmed the whole thing, it does disturb the experience.

I agree, but i guess it is each to their own (and i admit i am grateful for all the photo's and footage captured!). It looks bad though on some performances we have on youtube where the audience is just a sea of zombies holding cell phones  :laughga:

As long as they are not disturbing anyone else's experience, then it is all good.

djBuffoon

I hate it beyond all reason. The show will end, you will have a crappy video, and you won't remember actually being there.

• 1 month later...

I never use my camera during gigs because I prefer to be 'in the moment' as others have said and I'm not good at multi tasking haha

However, I don't have problem with other people doing it - in fact I'm very grateful for it because the first thing I do after I've been to a show is look for videos and photos from it :)

That said, like everything else, common sense should apply - don't get in people's way and I agree that iPads are just nooooo

dynamite

I don't film but it doesn't bother me if others do.

You are free to choose not to do it but don't begrudge anyone else the opportunity.

You say there most likely will be a DVD - not every tour does and it's not like a full length DVD of each individual show is released for each tour which might negate the need for filming, but this isn't the case. Every show has its own moments and it's those moments which are special to those attending that particular concert - a DVD of another show won't cover this and even if there was a DVD of your show it wouldn't be the same raw, unedited footage you could make yourself. 

But aren't you guys happy you can watch a ton of video's of Gaga's tours on youtube ?
Like if you are so against camera use during a concert, then you should not benefit them afterwards.

And also, be happy so many people filmed the BTW Ball, at least we have some footage of it since there is no DVD coming out  :whitney:

But aren't you guys happy you can watch a ton of video's of Gaga's tours on youtube ?

Like if you are so against camera use during a concert, then you should not benefit them afterwards.

And also, be happy so many people filmed the BTW Ball, at least we have some footage of it since there is no DVD coming out  :whitney:

Agreed. Without that footage, I would've never seen Gaga's motorcycle costume for Heavy Metal Lover or the amaaaazing encores she did with Scheisse. :popcorn:

Agreed. Without that footage, I would've never seen Gaga's motorcycle costume for Heavy Metal Lover or the amaaaazing encores she did with Scheisse. :popcorn:

We also wouldn't have all the personal speeches from all different countries + some fan video's are really good ! :ARTPOP:

It annoys me endlessly.

Take a picture, fine. Make a vine, fine. Make an Instagram video, fine. But don't ****ing film the whole show goddammit!

It's really very annoying.

ya! 

Honestly, how many times are you going to go back and watch the ****ty clip you made at a show? I agree with the OP. Put the cameras away and pay attention. It's also very inconsiderate to the people behind you.

Bellatrix

Honestly, how many times are you going to go back and watch the ****ty clip you made at a show? I agree with the OP. Put the cameras away and pay attention. It's also very inconsiderate to the people behind you.

I'd say maybe 5 times right after the show.

I recorded some sh*tty clips from BTW Ball in fall 2012, and I haven't watched them in a veeery long time  :flop:

fede ARTPOP

i understand what you mean...I iflmed almost everything in the BTWB i was in first row  and i made great videos...she was literally in front of me...it was hard being there holding my phone. but now watching the videos it brings a lot ot memories...watching her in the same exactrly spot i was in the show...plus having videos of the show THAT I WAS IN...not the same like having the official DVD..

idk if ill be filming at the artRave...maybe if i can go to 2 dates or more...ill film in one and enyoy the other sows

🖤 C H R O M A T I C A 🖤

Cameron Dallas

I got great pictures and video with my iPhone 5 during the BTWB without sacrificing my experience. You just need to be able to have a steady hand and not look at the screen.

You can't blame people for wanting to take pictures and video of a memorable experience... 

Pretty much. I have no problem with it. I'd rather have it be more than a memory, something that i can look back at as well

Archived