Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Your opinions on cameras at a show?

Luc

Featured Posts

People with cameras dont annoy me, people with ipads annoy me, its ridiculous and rude to take that thing to a concert and put in the air to block about 5 peoples view behind you. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got great pictures and video with my iPhone 5 during the BTWB without sacrificing my experience. You just need to be able to have a steady hand and not look at the screen.

You can't blame people for wanting to take pictures and video of a memorable experience... 

plus it was pretty lucky that i took pics/vids of the BTWB as there wasnt as dvd....

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

I find something special about having photos to remember the experience. They're not some professionals shots, or another person from the other side of the arena, YOU took those photos from your seat/mosh pit, I find it really special. People like to experience concerts in different ways, some like to live in the moment, others like to remember the moment. I'm both. For instance, I went to 3 BTWB's. The first 2 I was seated, so I could get really good pictures to remember the experience. For the third show I went to, I was in the monster pit, I just danced my heart out the whole night.

At the end of the day, people who do and don't take photos are paying the same price to see the same show. There's nothing wrong with people taking pictures to capture the moment - that's what they're meant for.

A lot of people come at me for this because I literally take photos and videos of EVERYTHING. And sometimes i feel bad when gaga looks down and sees my camera, but in all honesty, I have probably the memory spanse of a goldfish. I can barely remember what i did yesterday, let alone a concert or n experience I had 3-6 months ago, or YEARS ago. Taking pictures is not only something for me to enjoy after, it's literally the only way my brain can link the pictures to that moment and I can briefly remember where I was and what it felt like.

Obviously that's different from most people's reasons, but it just shows you not to judge people, taking pictures at shows is one of my favourite things to do :)

I never took photos of my born this way balls, because I said I'll take them later, and then the whole thing was cancelled. Massive regret, I hardly remember anything. I watch videos but it's weird because it doesn't jog my memory as much as when i see pictures that I pressed down the button for from where i was standing. =[

I'm torn about this topic, actually. I was thinking of this the other day. Part of me wants to capture the experience through a lens and be able to revisit it in the future, but I'm a big advocate of living in the moment, and it's hard to live in the moment when you're trying to capture it with a camera.

BLACKOUTbritney

ITS SOOOOO ANNOYING. 

omg. especially when youre an elf like me. i can barely see anything. 

i always have to wear huge timberlands cuz they give me an extra 4cm. 

AND LIKE WHEN I SAW LANA DEL REY THERE WAS THIS BITCH FILMING WITH HER IPAD. and i was like ""get it off my face you charmouta!" wtf. 

i aint paying 150$ to see phones and camreas. 

thank you.

OMG the elf bit :lmao: :toofunny:

geopang

To be completely honest, my first concert was the BTWB and i recorded almost the whole thing. And now that i look back i can barely remember it sadly. :( i mean, i wish i would have recorded less because i felt like i watched the whole concert through a phone screen than im person.

htrllllsem

To be completely honest, my first concert was the BTWB and i recorded almost the whole thing. And now that i look back i can barely remember it sadly. :( i mean, i wish i would have recorded less because i felt like i watched the whole concert through a phone screen than im person.

THIS :CRY:

I CAN BARELY REMEMBER :CRY:

I can remember most of the BTWBall :whitney: I only took a few photos when she came close (Bloody Mary, Highway Unicorn and Marry the Night).

GypsyPrincess26

I think that if you're paying to be there you should be allowed to remember it! I love having pictures and videos from concerts so that I can watch them and look at them after and remember how much fun it was!! <3 

JanPianoMusic

It annoys me endlessly.

Take a picture, fine. Make a vine, fine. Make an Instagram video, fine. But don't ****ing film the whole show goddammit!

It's really very annoying.

You will never please everyone.

It annoys me endlessly.

Take a picture, fine. Make a vine, fine. Make an Instagram video, fine. But don't ****ing film the whole show goddammit!

It's really very annoying.

:applause:

Future Lover

If someone wants to take videos then let them be. They paid to be there just like you did. As long as they're not restricting the view it should be fine.

At the Monster Ball took pictures the whole time (big mistake) because I don't even really remember the experience, just the videos I saw online. It's better taking vids of the things you want to always remember like your favorite song or moment. That's what I do now.

Ladey Gagz

Why is it annoying you guys so much? It's not like it was your problem that they "miss the experience" as you say. I just don't get all the annoyance in it lol. So taking a few pics to remember the time of your life shouldn't be allowed cause it annoys you alot? Oh okay its iight

Its none of your business if people want to take pictures and videos to remember the show by. :crossed:  If you think it ruins the experience for you, then simply don't bring a camera and just enjoy the moment.

This. Unless they're actually blocking your view, I'm not sure why anyone cares what other people are doing. Is there a feeling that the filmers are bringing down the mood of the crowd, or something?

And I'll add what I've said before: Despite not going in person, I managed to see, I think, footage from every single date of the Born This Way Ball. I'm grateful for that.

Archived