Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

US Charts Discussion - (ARTPOP - 100K+ this week!)

Americano

Featured Posts

Americano

So it's safe to say that Gaga still have some star power worldwide.

Obviously it's minimized if we compare it to how big she was in 2011, but I think she may recover with some big hits (DWUW looking like one of those and Gypsy as the following).

Yeah, theres also been a decline in pop power in general for awhile but its rebounding now.

Gaga, on an international scale, is still the biggest American pop star in the entire world this week proved (along with the promo singles all doing very well.) Its just gonna be overshadowed by her crawling to #1 in the US

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It pisses me off that on E! News they were talking about Gaga possibly being over and saying that she couldn't outsell Miley or Katy. Like what about Britney? Has she sold a single thing this era? But no one says **** about her. It's honestly because people, fans or not, hold Gaga to a higher standard imo. 

i keep hearing that **** on radio stations too. they love love LOVE to bash Gaga when her numbers are now comparable to those of Rihanna. 

they're being dramatic and ridiculous because they know people want to see Gaga fall far and hard. it's sad.

Just A Holy Fool

When Xtina (Lotus) and Britney flop and it's not news, that's a REALLY bad sign for their relevance.

udC0sAQ.gif

Gov Hooka

Britney doesn't need to slay anymore, she is a legend. Gaga on the other hand... All I can say is that ARTPOP has the longevity we all so desire.

But in other news so glad it's going no. 1 but can we be honest here, if Eminem sold less than ARTPOP this is really bad news for the music industry in general. This is not going to look good for record companies the coming years, this decline in sales is becoming a serious problem.

Americano

Britney doesn't need to slay anymore, she is a legend. Gaga on the other hand... All I can say is that ARTPOP has the longevity we all so desire.

But in other news so glad it's going no. 1 but can we be honest here, if Eminem sold less than ARTPOP this is really bad news for the music industry in general. This is not going to look good for record companies the coming years, this decline in sales is becoming a serious problem.

That's why stars are hitting the road faster than ever.

Katy and Miley already having tour dates out, Rihanna and Beyonce on long-running tours, and Gaga planning an announcement soon. It's the new way for mega-stars to make their big cash.

Americano

I hate ppl lol

well and then you just need to remind yourself that people once said she was a one hit wonder. cant let it get to you

Just A Holy Fool

Yeah, theres also been a decline in pop power in general for awhile but its rebounding now.

Gaga, on an international scale, is still the biggest American pop star in the entire world this week proved (along with the promo singles all doing very well.) Its just gonna be overshadowed by her crawling to #1 in the US

Other than the male rappers/R&B artists.... the selling power of pop albums in general this year was relatively weak.... so I guess she's right on target?

Our expectations were way too high from the outset....

At the end of the day it will be interesting to see where PRISM's, Bangerz's and ARTPOP's final numbers fall... that will gauge the true winner.

Miley's era is already kinda slowing down. Katy can seem to transfer her AI to good sales....

Just A Holy Fool

well and then you just need to remind yourself that people once said she was a one hit wonder. cant let it get to you

I was totally one of those people :rip:

Gov Hooka

That's why stars are hitting the road faster than ever.

Katy and Miley already having tour dates out, Rihanna and Beyonce on long-running tours, and Gaga planning an announcement soon. It's the new way for mega-stars to make their big cash.

but where does that leave record labels, and how can smaller artists survive if they don't rake in the numbers that the superstars pull in?

Americano

Other than the male rappers/R&B artists.... the selling power of pop albums in general this year was relatively weak.... so I guess she's right on target?

Our expectations were way too high from the outset....

At the end of the day it will be interesting to see where PRISM's, Bangerz's and ARTPOP's final numbers fall... that will gauge the true winner.

Miley's era is already kinda slowing down. Katy can seem to transfer her AI to good sales....

Katy Miley and Gaga are all slowing down rapidly WW already :rip: Lets just pray for the future singles for all of the albums for the sake of female pop music.

but where does that leave record labels, and how can smaller artists survive if they don't rake in the numbers that the superstars pull in?

smaller artists dont survive (unfortunately), thats the big complaint with the changing industry. if youre not big, you're literally starving lol.

record labels love tours. its their biggest cash cow.

Archived