💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ElvisDuranShow Interview on Z100 (Video)

KaanBTW

Featured Posts

I like her mentality going in with ARTPOP. Like, it's not my favorite album, but I really respect what she's going for, the whole idea that artists deserve respect, music corporations should support not control, and such.

I also really liked her talk about third-wave feminism yay

3 points in and ready for more

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The highlight was 7:30-8:00 where she speaks against the pressure to invent herself (aka follow the Madonna playbook).

Good. I always thought calculated re-invention made Madge look inauthentic.

This was a flawless interview. Maybe her and her team heard our complaints of every interview being exactly the same a few months back lol

freebit

I loved that interview, it's the best one I've seen this era.

But I can tell she's still upset about about whatever is going on behind the scenes. 

This interview made me feel like the Gaga I love is coming back. The ARTPOP era has been painful to watch, and I'm not even talking about the music...she's said before that she's her true self when she's on stage, and regardless of how happy she says she is in interviews, the performances I've seen make it obvious how the person up there singing is a shell of the person who used to be up there. Gaga needs to find her mojo again and make some serious revisions to how she does things for the next album.

I'm glad she mentioned the "one idea" bit, because seriously, her career is about The Fame, and a weak album like ARTPOP that veers off course from her mission just makes it so apparent that she needs to stick to her guns and explore the topic of fame more fully. I think it'd be SUPER interesting if she explored in the next era the idea of herself becoming this commodity that she is now...like she said with the corporations taking credit for the artist's work...Lady Gaga as a product means something else and is worth something else than Lady Gaga as a person. How interesting is that??? Shouldn't they be the same thing? But they're not. The word "Gaga" means something to people now. Other products can be described as Gaga. And Gaga the concept is worth lots of money now. Her crazy fans all around the world are willing to pay so much money to buy her as a product. Do they see the person, or do they just see the product? 

I feel the android metaphor that Gaga often uses definitely speaks to how celebrities are supposed to be human and yet manufactured commodities at the same time. I would love to see a big android theme in the next album (without stepping on the toes of Janelle Monae, of course, who does some amazing android metaphors in her albums when it comes to race and identity). I'd love to see Gaga performing as an android for the era, acting as a puppet of the corporation. Just like how in the Fame Monster, she played out the dark side of her own celebrity to escape from it, she should also play out her corporatization in the next era. Dressing and acting like a robot, whoring her name and her commodity out for money to serve her corporate masters. It could bring in a really interesting feminism theme, too, with the commodification of women's bodies. 

OK GAGA DO THIS NOW! :) And if you want to hire me into the haus to come up with more crazy super fun ideas, just let me know...haha. 

Archived