Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

US Charts Discussion - 'ARTPOP' debuts at #1

Americano

Featured Posts

Don't take this the wrong way, but I have to wonder if Gaga's lack of creativity this era is because of a lack of creative director. She's essentially planning all of her performances, whereas before it was Dada, Boomkack, etc. who were coming up with most of the creative behind the performances. It just seems like she's out of creativity when it comes to performances. 

And now if Troy Carter leaves.....she'll have like nobody. She just can't do everything on her own. She needs help.

But she hasn't really had many chances to prove herself creatively. Just the Applause video and a few performances. It's also important to consider that in both the VMA's and GMA, she reenacted the same topic from the video.

In terms of music, at least the singles (which are the ones she explains the most) have very interesting meanings and concepts.

SwineFest and the Dope performance were great, IMO.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why isn't the whole of Billboard Digital songs posted?

like it doesn't have VENUS?

“The scars on my mind are on Replay”

HYPERCRUSH

But she hasn't really had many chances to prove herself creatively. Just the Applause video and a few performances. It's also important to consider that in both the VMA's and GMA, she reenacted the same topic from the video.

In terms of music, at least the singles (which are the ones she explains the most) have very interesting meanings and concepts.

this

nick4bty

Troy carter has nothing to do with her creative side of her work.

I know, but him leaving just puts more burden and work on her.

Of course he doesn't but he thinks of alot more stuff than just Marketing etc..  He Is like ultra smart, he sees Into the future   She can't without him :ohno:

Exactly lol. 

EastonEllis

Don't take this the wrong way, but I have to wonder if Gaga's lack of creativity this era is because of a lack of creative director. She's essentially planning all of her performances, whereas before it was Dada, Boomkack, etc. who were coming up with most of the creative behind the performances. It just seems like she's out of creativity when it comes to performances. 

And now if Troy Carter leaves.....she'll have like nobody. She just can't do everything on her own. She needs help.

She has a bunch of people on her team and her mgmt was not just Troy. She will be fine. For all we know she knows exactly what she's doing and the "split" was friendly.

Runway

Of course he doesn't but he thinks of alot more stuff than just Marketing etc.. He Is like ultra smart, he sees Into the future She can't without him :ohno:

So he knew about Applause's first week sales in advance yet decided to rush release it

iBG7E8tkh5sTJ.gif

Pop Art

Nos. 6 and 7 songs are missing (unless the Passenger song is supposed to be No. 6; then Nos. 7 and 8 are missing.

I'm going to assume Venus is one of those "missing" songs. What I don't understand is exactly why they are missing. I've never seen this happen before.

Gaga comes up with the ideas herself - the creative directors just try to filter it.

nick4bty

Exactly. Screams lack of creativity, imo. 

The music is fantastic, ARTPOP is her best album by far. But the performances need work. She has two prime promo spots coming up - I just hope to god we get something that blows our minds, especially for the AMAs. 

What is OBAMA

something wrong mst have happened for Troy to leave just before the album is released and all the major promo will come

it would have made more sense if he left before the tour or even after the tour, just when she went into starting her next era, but just NOW ??

No, remember she has over 2 months of pre-orders in the bank.

No, ARTPOP already has ~150k pre-orders on iTunes alone and a day on top of iTunes is what? 10-20k pre-orders?

okay thanks to you both for answering me ! :)

nick4bty

Gaga comes up with the ideas herself - the creative directors just try to filter it.

Mmm, I don't think so. Dada came up with most of The Fame stuff. Boomkack did a lot of the TFM and BTW stuff. The reason they both left is because she wanted to do more and they were doing too much. But I don't necessarily think them being the main creative was a bad thing, because the performances were almost always good.  

something wrong mst have happened for Troy to leave just before the album is released and all the major promo will come

it would have made more sense if he left before the tour or even after the tour, just when she went into starting her next era, but just NOW ??

It's especially weird because he just gave an interview about ARTPOP and the upcoming promo plan. It makes no sense, but both of them being silent makes me think it's true. 

If It's true that are splitting, they will not split exactly right now you know .. 

I am sure that Troy Is still responsible for a lot of things .. He can't just leave everything they started right before the album, let alone that he will earn a lot of money from all this ...

Archived