Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The Huffington Post: ARTPOP Review

boobtank

Featured Posts

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY

The issue that gaga presented with this album is the fact that there's ART yes, but first off it's hard to make music into art like at all, as much as she even says she did. The artistic value of music is the genre tripping she did and the collaborations with her producers, in addition to koons, etc. The reviewers aren't getting that ARTPOP is a project and an experience that goes beyond the 15-track album. And to be honest, their job is to review the music, I wish gaga just presented this album in the application form because I can guarantee the visuals and interactive experience her and the techHAUS designed would make the music more appealing because meaning is attached to it. But, reviews are reviews. I do admit that the lyrics in some of the songs are bland and weird, but we can't win. A song like marry the night, beautiful lyrically, did horrible on radio because the lyrics were too deep. Now you have songs the complete opposite and they're too bland. Can't win!!

llbcherry

DOES NO CRITIC EVER GET WHAT THE TERMS "SATIRE" AND "SELF-DEPRECATION" MEAN

Seriously. :deadbanana:

This.

I freaking love Donatella. It's obviously tongue-in-cheek. Give me a break.

JnD made it because T.I. and Too Short are on it, and was probably seen as having potential as another genre-crossing track. I think it's a tad messy and vulgar, but can't use one track to invalidate an entire album.

I think the title ARTPOP may indeed be the biggest problem for reviewers. They are expecting some deep metaphorical art references or something within the songs, and are missing the larger picture of the reverse warholian concept. Gaga herself is/was pop, and by her own self-portrayal and fashion, has become art amidst herself. The fact that the ARTist has created the pop music IS the concept. ARTPOP is an idea, and the songs are fragments of experience of being a living pop culture icon, shown not only in the music, but also in Gaga herself, her appearance, her message, and her influence.

The end.

Electric Phire

I feel like the pop is the music and the art is the music videos and live performances.  Either way, I trust GaGa to know what she is doing.  She has been at it for 2 years after all  :ARTPOP:

mangomonster

Huff Post has been hating on Gaga for a while now.  I stopped reading them when I noticed that their shade was suspiciously synchronized with Perez's attacks during the ****storm a couple of months ago.  I now consider them as reliable as the Examiner.

This tbh. It's a seriously average album, especially coming from someone like Gaga who has proven herself time and time again in the past. Especially for how long she's supposedly been working on it, it comes off as lazy to me. And there's not a single track that pops out at me as mindblowingly great (I love Venus, and MANiCURE and Fashion! are fun and catchy, but def lack a certain "wow" factor). And additionally, it should not have been named "ARTPOP". The song ARTPOP does nothing to crystalize what she's trying to get at, her name dropping Jeff Koons is pretty lame, and watching her attempt to explain the concept (something about a soup can) was kind of embarrassing. It'd be better if she was being ironic about it, but she's apparently taking it extremely seriously. No bueno

"Something about a soup can" :dead:

Warhol is famous for this! Omg, how do you not know about the Campbell's Soup can? Marilyn Monroe? POP ART?

"Something about a soup can" :dead:

Warhol is famous for this! Omg, how do you not know about the Campbell's Soup can? Marilyn Monroe? POP ART?

-_____- I know about Warhol and the soupcan obviously. Im talking about the way she was describing "ARTPOP"

What's wrong with this world is that people don't know when to take things at face value and when to read between the lines....

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived