💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

The Huffington Post: ARTPOP Review

boobtank

Featured Posts

dontbesweet

It's a pretty decent review, really... some of the lyrics are terrible and we can't deny that. And Jewels N' Drugs...

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know nothing about art, don't you

Lolll. Don't let Gaga bullsh*t you. That's what she's best at tbh. It was funny at first. This ain't funny. It's flat out pretentiousness, without any substance for even being pretentious in the first place. 

I hope youre kidding...you werent wowed by GUY? DWUW? Dope? Gypsy? Donatella? ARTPOP? Fashion!? these songs all offer something different from gaga including the flawless jewels n d--gs...these songs are far from average..the lyrics all flow nicely and just because this album lacks maturity doesnt make it average...gaga told us this album was gonna lack maturity so did you expect something different? Every bridge has something different to offer and just because each song doesnt scream art doesnt mean its not art. People and gaga are always changing...everyday, people are influenced by other things to change their view and if this is gagas ideal of art I see no flaws in it..gaga is combining art with everyday life and just because it isnt obvious it doesnt mean that its not there

Jewlels N Drugs...flawless? C'mon now. And I love Venus, and I like MANiCURE and Fashion. But besides those ones, Im just rly not feelin it. And I would have liked Sexxx Dreams had they not made those unncessary changes and messed up the chorus :/

OysterBaby

Yup! I find BTW superior in about every way. But it's my favorite album EVER so it's hard to top that. BTW's craziness and experimental-ness came organically from the music, I think, whereas for this album it seemed forced.

Yes! With BTW, I heard so many sounds id never heard before, and ARTPOP feels like an attempt at recreating TF/TFM with EDM beats

I totally agree!

IMO this is the worst lyrics ever:

And on 'Mary Jane Holland' Gaga trills; "I know that mom and dad think I'm a mess, but it's alright because I'm as rich as piss."

Forrest Gump

Yeah everyone so far has been saying she gets the Pop part of ARTPOP right, but not the art...i disagree but what do i know? :roll:

they want albums that sound like this from her http://rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=2010s&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=art+pop&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=

ChicaSkas

Well at least they didn't say it totally stunk! :party:

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

That's EXACTLY how I feel! No one else on this site seems to have this point of view, even though all of my friends feel the same way as I do about the album being pretty meh. I certainly think there are some highlights and that the album is very unique, but it's not at Gaga's usual level, at least for me. The music, the concept, and the performances so far this era all just wander all over the place, and I think it's indicative of where she's at right now in her life -- feeling like a wandering gypsy and trying to find herself as an artist and as a person. 

I know, most people here are brainwashed and/or delusional, and are afraid to hop off of Gaga's dick for once in their lives. The second I said BTW was better than ARTPOP (and trust me, I never thought I'd be saying that), multitudes of these people were trying to shut my argument down, and telling me I was spreading "negativity." I'm sorry, but this whole "ARTPOP" thing is bullsh*t, and her pretentiousness is honestly too much for me to handle. Like I can't even listen to her interviews anymore, or watch her performances. It makes me sad tbh.

Will it count for Metacritic?

I'm not sure but I think not. (They only have a profile at Metacritic in TV section).

And don't worry because 3/5 is still positive (so far ARTPOP has two scores: 70 and 75 which are move pretty high for a pop album).

Besides:

On average, this publication grades 4.5 points lower than other critics

Cameron1012

How can people not realize Donatella's lyrics are SUPPOSED to sound ridiculous as they are parodying the misconceptions of Donatella Versace and ridiculing the stereotypes of the fashion industry? 

BYE :awkney:

That's actually very wrong.  I am pretty sure it's her singing from Donatella's point of view. Lady Gaga admires how Donatella is not afraid of being exactly who she is, and not only that ,but she feels empowered by being who she is although many may look at her with very judgmental ways.

“‘Donatella‘ is my love letter to Donatella [Versace],†she told Just Jared on Friday afternoon about the 58-year-old Italian fashion designer. “The song is an incredible crazy fun pop song with really raising electronic beats that I did with [producer] Zedd. It’s about being a fearless female and not caring what people say about you – being proud of who you are and walking the walk no matter what.â€

from this interview.. http://www.justjared.com/2013/08/23/lady-gaga-donatella-song-versace-ARTPOP/

"Im a rich b---h, Im the upper class...I smoke marbolo reds and drink all day"

"Watch her radiate her magic even though she know's she misunderstood..."

Although who Donatella is, is what a majority of people look down upon, the extreme upper class...people who do d--gs all day, people who's live revolves around vanity and physicality to an extent... Donatella(Gaga) sings them with pride.So many lower class, middle class, prudish type people spit on those who are like Donatella, but instead of feeling guilty about everything she has, is, and does, she feels comfortable.

And seeing interviews, and watching the fabricated, yet somewhat accurate movie House of Versace, Donatella's confidence and self-assurance radiates ineffably.

I think people need to realize Lady Gaga's lyrics on ARTPOP are her most literal and direct lyrics to date...which is why they can seem so bad and uninspired to many. Some songs are metaphorical and are double entendres, but nowhere to the extent as the songs in The Fame, and The Fame Monster. 

Even though I haven't listened to the album yet, judging from the songs I heard, ARTPOP sounds way more pop/carefree than I expected.

i think ARTPOP fits in there.  :shrug:

Have you heard those albums? They're worlds apart from what Gaga does.

aquaprincess

Very few albums are able to fit in with works by Janelle Monae and Bon Iver.

i think ARTPOP does. u may not. just have to agree to disagree. :)

Have you heard those albums? They're worlds apart from what Gaga does.

yes. i stand by my statement. like i said before.its my opinion. u might disagree. oh well.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived