💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Review of 1/4 of ARTPOP.

mAnster

Featured Posts

Alright fellow monsters, here is my review of tracks 1-4. I'm going to make love to this record (as Gaga would say) a few more times before I give it a full review.

This is a review of a journey, not individual tracks. First, I must say that ARTPOP is painting with melodies and harmonies. Aural art if you will.

Aura, to myself, paints a picture of Gaga killing the last three albums of her career to embark into new territories. I literally see a mad Gaga driving down a highway with blood everywhere laughing and singing maniacally when I hear this song. She is leaving to her destination... Outer space.

Venus. She has blasted off in rocket number nine and heading to the goddess of love. The bridge almost seems as a naming of the planets as she just blasts around our galaxy. The song Venus has very stark changes but they imitate the journey of love impeccably. Love is never a steady road.

She finally accepts Venus into her life and enters Mars, or rather, Mars enters Venus.

If you notice, in G.U.Y., it references Aphrodite's son Eros. We are now engaging in s-x with a male. The song is called G.U.Y., it talks of Eros and the second spoken part references Mars ramming into something. Mars is the male opposite to Venus' female. It is also the newest sounding song on the album. The song is Gaga's new sound. The conception. Eros could also be a reference to little monsters as it mentions the "son" (child) of Aphrodite (Mother monster)

Aura references Born This Way in it's harshness. It is an assault on the ears as Born This Way is. Venus feels like the last cliche "Gaga" song. A farewell to Poker Face, Bad Romance, Judas, Scheiße, etc. a farewell to the girl she killed in Aura.

Sex dreams is a reaction to the s-x in G.U.Y. She is speaking of two lovers, Gaga and her fans before ARTPOP, and Gaga and her fans after ARTPOP. It could also reference Lüc vs Taylor, but I prefer not to speak of her private affairs. It feels good to fantasize about the fan base once ARTPOP has been experienced.

Either way, this is where I have gotten so far on the ARTPOP journey. Does it keep going or start telling a new story, who knows ?

Maybe I just smoked to much MaryJaneHolland tonight. Lol.

Enjoy. Comments are welcome! <3

LuisGaga1495

Not to discredit on your review, but in the spoken part of G.U.Y, it actually talks about Himeros, who is also a son of Aphodite (Venus for the romans), and its the god of s-xual desire :P

Not to discredit on your review, but in the spoken part of G.U.Y, it actually talks about Himeros, who is also a son of Aphodite (Venus for the romans), and its the god of s-xual desire :P

Thank for for the correction. I have been saying the wrong words the entire time! Lol. Bad Stan. Thanks for reading!

GovernmentHookah

I nearly had a heart attack I misunderstood the heading to this thread as ARTPOP receiving a 1/4 rating haha.  Cool review ;)

I nearly had a heart attack I misunderstood the heading to this thread as ARTPOP receiving a 1/4 rating haha.  Cool review ;)

You nearly gave me a heart attack! LOL. Thanks for reading <3

LuisGaga1495

Thank for for the correction. I have been saying the wrong words the entire time! Lol. Bad Stan. Thanks for reading!

Ok, no problem  :hug: When I heard the song I wanted to know what it says so I did a little search on Google and Himeros made sense   Actually, I didn't know about that god, Gaga taught me  :awesome:

Ok, no problem  :hug: When I heard the song I wanted to know what it says so I did a little search on Google and Himeros made sense   Actually, I didn't know about that god, Gaga taught me  :awesome:

Haha nice!

:D

:P

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived