💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

AUS Charts Discussion

Mills

Featured Posts

Freddy

Australian Singles Chart: #19(new) @LadyGaGa, Applause. *her 14th Top 20 hit*

Impressive, 14th top 20 seemed alot to me..... but I just remembered both 'Eh eh' and 'Hair' hit the top20.

It would have been her 21th if Marry the Night wouldnt have peaked at 80 T_T

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Griffin

• Americano

• Luc

• craig

Top Posters In This Topic

Real chance Appause will not chart in Top 10 in Oz.

But Diamonds only peaked at #6, worse than anywhere.

Kylie's last lead single All The Lovers didn't make top 10 either, despite being #3 in Britain and France.

What I can't get over is LMFAO album actually outselling BTW. Now Flo Rida ft. Pitbull is beating Applause in Oz and only there. Taio Cruz ft. rappers has several hits there that flopped in the US, like Hangover. It's like you guys prefer dance rap to dance pop 

Edited by craig

Americano

Weird. Maybe Gaga will fly down and promote though and it'll become big.

Too early to call. However, I feel like Oz has been a struggle for her since Alejandro.

Americano

Maybe it'll rise later then but I felt like all in 2011 it was a struggle to keep her charting there, so idk if 2013 will be any different.

One Five Ten

Once the video and the VMA's happen it'll climb. It's weird cause everyone I know knows about Applause. The thing is these days, especially in Australia, is people illegally download singles. It didn't help that it took an entire day after release for the song to be on iTunes here. Plus, Gaga is more of an albums artist here so people may just be waiting to buy the entire album and illegally download the single for now. Who knows. 

Arturo

How do the Australian Charts work? I'm only familiar with the U.S formula of sales, radio, and streaming and the U.K formula of just sales.

Freddy

Remember that TEOG was badly struggling there and when she promoted it shot up to #2, so people still seems to be there for her.

Curious to see where it will go after music video/VMA push

MelbHawker

It's not going very well here which disappoints me a little. I hear it on radio - at the most, twice a day per radio station. It's currently at #12 on iTunes. Roar is at #1, and it's getting the same airplay as Applause. It surprises me as well.. because when she comes here the country goes wild and her shows sell out in minutes. But on the other hand, this country's taste in music is a joke. They eat up basic ****. 

MelbHawker

Curious to see where it will go after music video/VMA push

The music video has had zero effect on charts here. Even now that it's getting iTunes promo, it's not moving up. VMA's don't air here on Free To Air television I don't think.. so I doubt that'll push it up. 

Gerrard174

Katy is #1 (up from 3)

Gaga is #11 (up from 19) and that could be her peak. 

missing top 10 again 

I miss the days where gaga would SLAY the charts in Australia   Oz used to kill it for her. 

i miss it too. It's coming though.