💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP Song-By-Song Review

Robi

Featured Posts

Thought I'd put some emotions in words.

Aura

When I pretend I just heard it for the first time, I can’t complain about anything. This is an experimental song where so much eclectic is going on yet all comes together perfectly. And I’m one of those who just loves the lazy yet arrogant vocals of the first verse (especially during

My veil is protection for the gorgeousness of my face. You want to fancy me cause there's always one man to love). 9/10

Venus

The same goes for the next one. Once again, this is experimental at its best. The chorus is full of such emotion, not to mention the two-part build-up to it. The chorus could use more intensity like the G.A.Y. live vocals though. And the bridge sounds stupid and clever at the same time if that makes any sense. Epic. 9.5/10

G.U.Y.

Starts off weird as the transition from Aphrodite to Eros takes place. The song is packed with hard beats and superb melodies (especially the

I’m gonna wear… after the verses), which are followed by a chorus that is a bit smoother. Fell in love with the bridge. 10/10

Sexxx Dreams

I didn’t like the song when I heard it at Swinefest because of the repetitive chorus and the bridge that felt out of place. Now all is triple as good just like with the x-s in the title. Sounds like perfection. :whip: 10/10

Jewels & Drugs featuring T.I., Too $hort & Twista

This one might focus too much on the three guest rappers BUT they all do the song justice – loving T.I. on it. Lyrically it’s a bit confusing, I guess. Gaga’s vocals sound more appealing than those sung at Swinefest. 8.5/10

MANiCURE

This one is even more likable now. The stutter and the new melodies in the chorus made it sound much better. However, haven’t still warmed up to the instrumental outro. 9.5/10

Do What U Want featuring R. Kelly

All I can say is – a dream collaboration. 10/10

ARTPOP

She took something that was already perfect and perfected it even more. 10/10

Swine

The beats on this one are sick but after a couple of listens I started to feel something’s missing. Regardless, clubs will eat it up. 8/10

Donatella

This is probably lyrically the dumbest song on the whole album. And I love it so much. Zedd brings it and then some. The beat during the last 15-something seconds is the 2013 definition of eargasm.

Voodoo-voodoo, voo-dolala. :P 10/10

Fashion!

A nice laidback song amidst all the crazyness.

I own the world. We own the world. I enjoy the vocals so much on this one that I didn’t even pay attention to the lyrics but I could tell the latter are best during the bridge. And is that will.i.am talking? :sweat:  She longs for fashion and the ending justifies the exclamation point in the title. 10/10

Mary Jane Holland

Madeon’s production is a hit or miss for me. This time it’s the first – chaotic and with Gaga’s vocals nothing short of enjoyable from beginning to end. Perfection in mid-tempo. 9.5/10

Dope

A song that while heartfelt sounded a bit cheesy when sung at Swinefest has been completely rewritten into this somewhat moodier and more dynamic offering. The lyrics alone are noteworthy. It’s a nice choice to ease the pace before the album regains itself for the final build-up. Might be her best ballad. 10/10

Gypsy

I kept wondering how this would sound on the album. I just love the lyrics and its uplifting melody but Madeon’s production with the 8-bit sounds and church bells makes such a personal song a bit too childish in my opinion. Feel free to disagree. 9.5/10

Applause

Deserves applause each time I listen to it. 10/10

Share your thoughts.  :)

PoshLife

your lowest rating being an 8.5, and for the one song 99% of us think should be the next single :lmao:

(PS I don't mean that in a mean way, I just thought it was funny. Glad you love the album!)

your lowest rating being an 8.5, and for the one song 99% of us think should be the next single :lmao:

(PS I don't mean that in a mean way, I just thought it was funny. Glad you love the album!)

:rip:

It's cute you gave 8.5+ for the entire album :flutter:

3q425253qwewq

I agree with every point you made.

Gypsy is an 8 for me also,

I prefer it live

:music: 

(& Donatella Slays) 

Ikr.  :usrs:

Flaming Piano

Gypsy is MTN of ARTPOP. Which means it's goddamn amazing.

I like to think of it as the TEOG of ARTPOP, which is goddamn amazing as well. 

1. Aura- "thank god not that machete kills version" 10/10

2. Venus - GOOD JOB GAGA! 9,5/10

3. G.U.Y - i didnt expect that as DOPE as it can be, god that was more than i expect, it was mouthful of beats and loving the intro, Zedd, u GENIUS! 11/10

4. Sexxx Dreams - Loving the added vocals in the chorus, but the verse feels abit weird, gaga's vocal feels overproduced, and the i love the bridge 9/10

5. Jewels N' Drugs - The vocals are too edited....i like the Itunes Festival better, but its great  :sweat:  8/10

6. MANiCURE - Havent heard

7. Do What U Want Ft. R Kelly - NUFF SAID (best Collab)   11/10

8. ARTPOP - I Fckin Love the spacey ****  :worship2:  9.5/10

9. Swine - Havent heard

10. Donatella - Once again, zedd did it, it was addictive, the beat of fashion shows  :legend: 10/10

11. Fashion - I already heard it, but i dont know what to think, i mean its too LQ, i still cant judge it 

12. Mary Jane Holland - Fckin best Gaga BRIDGE of all time, and the ending is masterpiece  :rockstar: reminds me of Queen + ABBA 11/10

13. Dope - Havent heard

14. GYPSY - I love madeon's fresh beats, its a great song! and i love it, i love the music  10/10

15. Applause - NUFF SAID  :clap: 10/10

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived