💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

HDD predicts ARTPOP to sell 375k in its first week.

MonsterOfSpain

Featured Posts

Better tham Prism and Bangerz :party: : :laughga:

I can't wait to look at atrl.net when this happens 

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The logic seems to be Gaga is a female and she sings pop, so she can't do much better than other pop females right? Especially when those other girls have more successful singles.

They should put more stock in the fact that artists who big album sales usually repeat, her strong fanbase (that goes beyond kids who don't buy albums or only listen to pop), and her rep for making strong filler free albums..

Doubt this since Applause

Vernier

My prediction has always been between 350-400k, so this seems right :shrug:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Doubt this since Applause

There are many sorts of fans who don't buy itunes singles the moment they come out.

Maybe see has more fans with buying behavior more like Drake or Taylor 

freebit

These are decent numbers, especially when you take into account that she doesn't have a smash hit at this point (just a decent one), AND the fact that album sales are at an all time low. 

iloveit123

MDNA is at 553k :deadbanana::rip:

Yes but that is Madonna's 12th album (not including her soundtracks especially 'I'm Breathless' and greatest hits) after 30 years in the game, versus Gaga's 3rd album... I hope Gaga sticks around for 30 years... she has it in her!

Anyway, I am sure it will sell for a while, especially once Christmas arrives, plenty of "art pops" under the tree!  :)

Aga Gydal

This is a very conservative prediction guys, so it's very likely to sell more assuming she puts some more promotion in before the album release.

I'm hoping she does Jay Leno, Letterman or some American TV interviews in the week leading up to the release because she hasn't done anything here aside from GMA.

They're basing this on Applause's performance, and based on hype as of right now. It's markedly low in the States because she hasn't done any major promotion yet. Around this time frame before Born This Way's release, she had done quite a few major TV appearances.

And 375k is solid for a major pop act, but pretty low for her. If that number holds up then it just means Gaga's settled down from the astronomical heights she was in before and is now settled into her popularity. It's bound to happen but given her pinache as an album artist it should still be higher.

Dylangaga

TBH, this album already crapped on bangerz and prism and we only have 4 and a half (MJH) studio songs

Archived