💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

I know I shouldn't care about reviews but...

SummerGirl21

Featured Posts

SummerGirl21

Venus has gotten pretty bad reviews.  

I understand the messy critique, but I don't think it ruins the song. 

And about the cheesy lyrics...do they really think she doesn't realize they are cheesy?  That's the point.  

I really like Venus.  It's just so damn Gaga to me.  I was hoping this would win some critics back.  But it seems like most critics think it's awful.  I know I'm going to love ARTPOP, but I want the GP to love it too.  Why?  Because Gaga deserves it. 

I'm not trying to be negative.  I'm just kinda sad.  Someone cheer me up please. 

Robotboy

i didnt expect them to understand a masterpiece like that. im sure critics hated on alot of iconic songs.

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

Evan Peters

It was kinda expected that critics and the GP wouldn't like it. 

Anyways, it's only one song they don't like. Who cares.

emma roberts is an abuser

Phoenix

MJH got 9/10 from few critic web sites and magazines and yet it's a 2 minutes snippet. Who cares about them. They took perry's performance over Gaga's (iTunes Festival), that just shows how relevant they are. #nohate

💎

i didnt expect them to understand a masterpiece like that. im sure critics hated on alot of iconic songs.

Bad Romance got 2/5 from rolling stone when it was released.

Robotboy

Bad Romance got 2/5 from pop justice when it was released.

thanks for giving such a perfect example

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

Elizabeth

Considering Gaga was going to release Venus as the 2nd single, I doubt she cares what the critics think.

"To crash the critic saying is it right or is it wrong"

Bad Romance got 2/5 from pop justice when it was released.

:omg: I didn't know that. So they gave Venus the same score then...interesting! 

It's an extremely experimental sound for her, especially considering it's her first production done herself.

It's expected that it wasn't going to appeal to some people, and that's okay. She wouldn't be where she is if she didn't take risks.

Personally I think if it was made an official single it would have a slow growth because for a lot of people, myself included, it took a few listens to be like, "okay wow this is actually amazing". The first listen is a little surprising because it sounds so "out of this world  :derpga: " and that bridge is wacky as hell.

Don't be sad when some people don't like a specific song. I know that Gaga deserves the success but there is nothing you can do about other people's musical taste. Just enjoy the song and show Gaga that you love it. 

Aga Gydal

Gaga's most influential material received notoriously mixed reviews. Telephone, Born This Way, Lovegame, and yes even Pokerface and Bad Romance. At this point if a Gaga song gets equally hated and loved by critics then it means she's doing something right.

Gaga will never get the full compliment until a few more albums down the road when she defines her musical style more substantially. A song like Venus will get praised years down the road because people will understand it to be her style. For now though, given that not a lot of people understand Gaga's schtick and camp, they won't get that. And that's okay.

At the end of the day you have to remember that critics hold much less precedence to the public than you'd think. Word of mouth is king, and as long as people are buzzing about Gaga (which they do) then critics are relatively powerless.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived