Very good DWUW review.

TSUNAMI

Featured Posts

TSUNAMI

http://www.arjanwrites.com/arjanwrites/2013/10/a-few-words-about-lady-gaga.html#.UmlZ63izDzo

:flutter:

Remember. There's a reason she starts off "Do What U Want" by singing the lyrics: "I feel good/I walk alone/But then I trip by myself/I stand up/And then I'm okay. "

Gaga's ability to slip and quickly get back up again with quality music may ultimately be her greatest skill as a pop star. It seems the more people say "no," the more she wants "yes." It's as if she feeds off controversy and uses the chaos of opinion to drive her creative process. In fact, to stir the discourse she often veers slightly off the beaten path with an aesthetic that is edgy and may be perceived by some as overly ambitious at times. (In fact, I would not be surprised if this interplay of imagery and perception is an important and very deliberate component of her ARTPOP vision.)

I think that line is really funny.

Like, it doesn't make any sense but at the same time it kinda makes sense and you want to think it's stupid but you can't really figure out why you think it's stupid, and it opens the song so it makes it even more.... whatever it is XD

Well, yeah. You could pretty much say that for any artist who has a rough patch and makes a successful comeback.

The part I really agreed with was this:

The charts nowadays hardly feature duets anymore between big names in music. It's almost all rap features here and vocal features there. Even though "Do What U Want" is billed as a track with an R. Kelly feature, it's truly and technically a duet with theR&B superstar who performs more than just a hook

That is so true. And leave it to Gaga to do that. Who the hell else would have thought to do this type of thing, with R. Kelly no less? It was really unexpected and different, and the result is great. Smart. :legend:

AnglerfishbraBENUS

The lyrics always made sense to me.  It is obviously her stating that yeah sometimes she messes up... We saw that a lot last Era, but she always picks herself up on her own BUT THEN THE MEDIA BLOWS IT OUT OF PROPORTION but she's like WHATEVERR

Forrest Gump

I thought those lyrics were about all the times she fell at the Monster Ball :laughga:

it probably is, but she probably wants us to think of it as a metaphor for being "deep"  :toofloppy:

Gracious Gaga

I thought those lyrics were about all the times she fell at the Monster Ball :laughga:

lmfao

♥ Kindness Police.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived