💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Dance With The Dead denies "Do What U Want" sample/plagiarism.

No Angel

Featured Posts

BangTheGong

Yay I love them already.  :party:  I hate artists that come out of the woodwork claiming plagiarism. Gonna go buy their single lol. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SummerGirl21

I just checked it out, and they do sound similar. Damn. It is good that they do not think they are alike because it does not sound as if they are going to drag the queen to court, but, honestly, they probably could.

For using the same synth and possibly some of the same notes?  In NO WAY could they take her to court about this.  The intro sounds similar to their song. That's it.  It happens with music. 

Redstreak

Can't make a song these days without comparisons. Glad they were mature about it. 

Exactly. It's nice to be on the other side of the spectrum this time.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

well that part sounds similar but it also sounds a bit generic too

everything is generic for you! Leave this forum and just stick to /mu/ :yes:

Sean Barnett

How the **** does Do What U Want sound anything even remotely similar to that song?????? They sound nothing allike at all. Goddamn it... Gaga just can't catch a ****ing break. I'm fed up with this bull****. Gaga does not plagiarise.

Forrest Gump

everything is generic for you! Leave this forum and just stick to /mu/ :yes:

but it is a generic beat. it's been used 100's of times on other electronic songs. and that's why this band can't claim anything from it.

giskardsb

Don't confuse the "sound" or "timbre" of the instrument with a melody or progression.  Obviously the Dance with the Dead guys don't.  If Gaga could be sued for that then about a million rock bands could be sued for starting off their songs chugging away with a distorted E chord.

but it is a generic beat. it's been used 100's of times on other electronic songs. and that's why this band can't claim anything from it.

oh yea. But stay on /mu/ :yes: where u belong.

J and tony sound like nice guys.

They were just being plain-out-honest. I Love that! They didn't even make a joke/snarky note about her in the whole post. *Applause*

You got that right. 

Archived