• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kenon Astro

• GagaMyBlood95

• MonsterOfSpain

• Red

Top Posters In This Topic

It seemed a little immature... I mean... Madonna? I thought we were beyond that subject. It irks that sometimes she contradicts herself too much. One time she says "I'm a true artist, I am my work, I focus on my music" and then she tweets these childish thoughts about her. She should've done this in 2011, maybe 2012... but we are almost in 2014. I still think she's very insecure about her body and personality. People who is busy the whole time like her and know what to do in life don't waste time writing these things, even if it is some kind of awkward promotion tactic.

The fact that she addressed these subject years later show that she wasn't too fazed about them. If the hermaphrodite rumor did affect her, I doubt she would remind the world after it had finally disappeared. I feel that she is making strong, direct comments, not immature, to show that she can handle this things. I believe that she ultimately doesn't care, because she knows she's fine as long as they don't affect her mind and heart.

About her wasting time writing about this. Well, it is a valid topic, and a very interesting one. She's not making a diss track. Gaga is trying to say in a soft, soulful song what she feels about the way she is criticized. If Gaga can be inspired by s-x dreams or by teeth, why can't she delve into this topic?

I can imagine Gaga being inspired to write Do What U Want when the press was talking about her weight gain, in the same way the she was inspired to write Partynauseous when the Jakarta incident occurred.

I admit, I'm a bit disappointed that she addressed all these things.  I mean, why?  I thought the Number 1 rule of celebrities was don't feed into rumors?  And people will start this as a trend, I already see, and someone will inevitably get hurt.

The point of this is not to feed into rumors, though. It is just a side-effect of a different purpose: which is to show how in control she is against all the media attacks. She has to address them to make a greater statement.

Sorry, but the last thing you do is to acknowledge the haters and let them know that you're actually listening to them. :smh:

It's pointless to deny that she isn't aware of all these things. By writing this song she presents as a strong artist, who is past beyond what the others say. A very important social message that is similar to Born This Way.

If she is shading, and if it a promotional ploy set up by her label or someone to gain sales, that would be a sad tactic.  To gain sales in the short term, part of her brand could be damaged ... the brand of being a kind person who doesn't shade.  I don't agree with this tactic, if that is indeed what is going on.  One thing she is admired for is her character.

I wouldn't really say she's shading, but rather just standing up for herself. :shrug: 

If she is shading, and if it a promotional ploy set up by her label or someone to gain sales, that would be a sad tactic.  To gain sales in the short term, part of her brand could be damaged ... the brand of being a kind person who doesn't shade.  I don't agree with this tactic, if that is indeed what is going on.  One thing she is admired for is her character.

Why not see her shading IDEAS rather than people. Dumb and Insulting ideas deserve shade, they have no feelings to hurt.

The dick rumour The satanic rumour. People criticizing her weight. The Madonna copycat BS. And the "she must go #1 or she's fading" BS.

She's not shading Katy. (Any more than saying "I don't lip sync" was a shot at Britney.)

Edited by craig

Very messy... "I write for the music not for the charts". 

Is this why Gaga is tweeting to promote DWUW?  :sick:

What happened to stop the drama, start the music? 

That's exactly what she is doing, take this as a "judge me for my music, not for stupid rumours and details"

And I know that its impossible to define the whole intention of the tweets, but one thing is to promote your music to go #1, and another thing is to write your music to go #1.

nick4bty

Lol you have to be kidding me 

I'm gonna post these tweets she made almost two years ago, because I think it exemplifies how she feels about personal attacking, to others and to herself. This was after the hashtag #GagasCareerDiedWithJamey.

Tweets about a 14 yr olds suicide in order to take a jab at me? Consider your integrity making fun at a dead child's pain.

Direct your insults @ladygaga, I can take it. Don't bring in those who are not alive anymore to defend themselves. Be braver than that. 
Edited by VFD