• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MonsterOfSpain

• dope411

• RAMROD

• Dylangaga

geopang

I'm excited! When you stream an album, can you select tracks to listen to or do you have to listen to the whole thing?

The whole thing. But i think you can fast forward to the song you want

If hearing something before the actual release is an issue

People are gonna buy the album and/or song if they like it enough

This way, the people will know what they're buying which is a plus

I think this album streaming idea is perfect :)

I think its probably better if people can hear the album before its released- it means that people can make up their own minds about it without being influenced by dumb critics' negative opinions.

SexualShaza

I was thinking of getting the CD and blasting it through my car at night so It can take me to heaven. I usually listen to albums when they leak/are streamed but I wanted to make this one an experience. I just know I won't be able to resist and I'll listen to the stream.  :noparty:

I think this is an awesome idea! The album streams for The 20/20 Experience - 2 of 2 and Bangerz persuaded me to buy the albums! Hopefully it will convince more people to buy the album :party:

The album must be good. If it wasn't, interscope would try to keep it under lock and key.

This is ideal, really. It will for sure only help sales if people hear the album, wish they had it, and then when the stream is removed, buy it.

It's like the opposite reaction I had with PRISM, in which the leak will hurt (cuz I downloaded the leak and said thank god I didn't spend 15 bucks on these six songs I like). This reaction is why PRISM was not streamed.

Contrary to popular belief, the GP is actually quite ignorant when it come to leaks. Most of the time they have no idea an album has leaked, and even if they did, would have no idea to, or how/where to look for it.

DriverMonster

Yeah I do want to hear bc I can't wait but it's all a bit too much. I don't see how it could help things. Just makes the release of Venus and the album less special.

I hate to sound like an ungrateful fan, but I feel like she's releasing all of this way too close. The 2 promo singles and official single would have been OK!

It's no difference when we listen to it. We will listen on the 4th and pay on the 11th. Like getting the first month of Netflix for free haha

Omg I don't know what to do. I want to wait till 11.11 and be surprised but on the other hand its nearly impossible to resist to listen to it but it will ruin the whole surprise and experience when ARTPOP actually is released. Its like having someone throw you a surprise birthday party and then finding out about it before you go there and when you show up your just like  :awkney:

BangTheGong

I think its probably better if people can hear the album before its released- it means that people can make up their own minds about it without being influenced by dumb critics' negative opinions.

I agree! That's basically all people had to rely on for BTW. Stupid critics who dragged the album. This way they will get to hear the amazingness and decide for themselves. 

I agree! That's basically all people had to rely on for BTW. Stupid critics who dragged the album. This way they will get to hear the amazingness and decide for themselves. 

Yeah and with BTW it was especially bad, because for example a lot of critics chose to review the special edition (which was originally only for Target stores in the first place) and then complained about the album's length or the flow of songs. Not realizing, or not caring, that they could have chosen to review the shorter standard edition instead.