💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

I think all of us in this thread would do a better job of promoting her and her singles than Polydor.

It's really a shame that the only single last time that had brilliant promo spots was Marry The Night, but it was sent to radio too early which messed up the release entirely. Also the fact that I think the public wasn't that into the song. But it easily could've gone top ten had everything coincided better. Ah well..

ANYWAY, Applause has just been pushed back down to #10 by Same Love :smh: Still only 0.008 between 7-10  Unless it rises, it's probably fair to say this might be the last week Applause has in the top ten...

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't recall MTN gaining a lot from it being performed at CIN.

She just needs an amazing X Factor performance, and a great Jonathon Ross interview. I hope her X Factor performance is longer than just one song. That way, ARTPOP will have more promo too

I don't recall MTN gaining a lot from it being performed at CIN.

If I remember correctly it rose to #10 for about twenty minutes and then Coldplay performed Paradise which then knocked it back down again.

If I remember correctly it rose to #10 for about twenty minutes and then Coldplay performed Paradise which then knocked it back down again.

Yup We were so happy in that fleeting moment

Yup We were so happy in that fleeting moment

I remember it so well YESSSS TOP TEN SHE MADE IT SHE MADE IT ..... oh **** Coldplay are performing

I remember it so well YESSSS TOP TEN SHE MADE IT SHE MADE IT ..... oh **** Coldplay are performing

remember when Bad Romance had two separate stints at #1, and here we are celebrating 4 weeks in the top ten

remember when Bad Romance had two separate stints at #1, and here we are celebrating 4 weeks in the top ten

Oh the good old days

To be fair though, the success she experienced during TF/M is almost unheard of these days. If anyone expects her to recreate that, they're being unreasonable. And there's certainly no artist around that goes from era to era slaying effortlessly like that on a global scale. However, if she could just. go. to. number one. again. :cry:

Applause still seems like a weird first single choice to me though. My fear is that the song will drop off everywhere but the US (which seems to be happening), then the rest of the world will be without a single for a month plus, potentially killing any buzz/interest created by Applause. Kind of like what happened with Justin - Suit & Tie died off quickly WW then picked up in America. Then a similar thing happened with Mirrors cos everything was so out of sync, and by the time Tunnel Vision came out, it was 4 months since Mirrors smashed in the UK and no one cared about it.

Oh the good old days

To be fair though, the success she experienced during TF/M is almost unheard of these days. If anyone expects her to recreate that, they're being unreasonable. And there's certainly no artist around that goes from era to era slaying effortlessly like that on a global scale. However, if she could just. go. to. number one. again. :cry:

Applause still seems like a weird first single choice to me though. My fear is that the song will drop off everywhere but the US (which seems to be happening), then the rest of the world will be without a single for a month plus, potentially killing any buzz/interest created by Applause. Kind of like what happened with Justin - Suit & Tie died off quickly WW then picked up in America. Then a similar thing happened with Mirrors cos everything was so out of sync, and by the time Tunnel Vision came out, it was 4 months since Mirrors smashed in the UK and no one cared about it.

That is true, but like you say, I just want her to get a number one lead single straight off the bat :cry: 

That is true, but like you say, I just want her to get a number one lead single straight off the bat :cry:

I basically think Applause didn't do that because it isn't AMAZING - it's good and I love it, but I think it's album track material. That combined with it coming off the back of an era that ended with two sub-par single releases.

It must be awful for her to write/choose a lead single. I was reading someone post on here the other day about how she has a reputation for being in between a pop star/chart act and artsy/different/kooky/weird etc, and about how she has a fan base with such a diverse range of interests to satisfy because of that. Kicking off an era by choosing ONE song that is kinda weird and doesn't instantly scream "number one" but is a great pop song that has the potential to be huge must be a horrendous task. And Bad Romance is really the definition of that. She was even talking about it herself in the Nick Grimshaw interview.

Americano

Oh the good old days

The benefit is that the second single will be pre-album, so the world will have to be in sync when it's released digitally on the same day

The benefit is that the second single will be pre-album, so the world will have to be in sync when it's released digitally on the same day

Yeah that is true but then it would kill Applause in the US if it was still doing okay. My main concern is that the era will lose steam if Applause dies WW in the next week or two, then her team have to choose whether to push the second single out or wait until a more appropriate timing for US.

Archived