Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Applause Booming On US Radio

Economy

Featured Posts

i love gaga, and i hate to see her no getting no.1, and also Katy doing so much better. but fact is, Applause is not great for the mainstream, monsters just have to deal with it.

:hor: Applause is doing fine. Get out of here with that :nails: I'm so tired of people complaining and worrying about charts. It's gaining airplay more and more every day. Who cares if she reaches #1? She debuted at #6 on the Hot 100, which, for a not so commercial, but commercial enough song, is really good.

Applause is gaining more and more spins every day and is moving up on radio. Don't worry about it and let Gaga do her job by promoting it.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Economy

• Pop

• leoj

Top Posters In This Topic

Economy

@Travis thankyou! Its doing well. Ppl gotta stop comparing how fast Applause is climbing in relation to BTW and Roar both debuts from when each Artist was at their peaks!

Its doing great!

Also what the hell with "not commercial"? :huh:

other than her unusual raspy voice she makes in the song its as mainstream as u can get :shrug:

Edited by Economy

QueenMortuana

I haven't hear Applause much since the first week. I used to be able to hear it twice in a 30 minute drive. This week I haven't heard it at all. But the same happened for a lot of songs. It'll rise

Edited by jzraei

@Hamlet u can bet on it... Ppl like it and its gains om radio have been stedy

Perhaps it didnt explode on the charts like BTW or Roar but then again most songs don't

Considering Gaga was away from ppls minds for 2 years, Applause has some solid momentum going! :yes:

im hearing Roar on radio more than Applause actually.

im hearing Roar on radio more than Applause actually.

That's to be expected. Roar is incredibly easy to digest. Don't be so negative. The general consensus is that people really like Applause. Please try to relax. You're not gonna have fun in this era if you're constantly worried about chart success and radio spins.

CRYSTAL CASTLES // AMNESTY (I)

Mister G

That's to be expected. Roar is incredibly easy to digest. Don't be so negative. The general consensus is that people really like Applause. Please try to relax. You're not gonna have fun in this era if you're constantly worried about chart success and radio spins.

This to be honest :legend:

Juanjo

I've heard twice on the radio in the last three days, but, yet again, I'm not in my car a whole lot, at all. 93.3 FLZ does stan for her, though, so I know she'll get a good rotation here. :)

toanythingtaboo

Exactly.

Whilst Applause is obviously radio friendly, it's nowhere near as easy to digest as Roar...and the same applies to Gaga and Katy themselves. One is clearly an easier pill to swallow.

We all probably underestimated the damage BTW did for her GP appeal, and Gaga's team probably overestimated the strength of Applause for a lead, but it's not the end of the world. She's repairing her brand and doing well at it. These things don't happen instantly and she's obviously prepared to work at it.

Besides, a little knock to the ego isn't a bad thing for Gaga and her fans. She'll want to come back even harder with the second single and the fans, hopefully, won't be as obnoxious from now on.

We all probably underestimated the damage BTW did for her GP appeal, and Gaga's team probably overestimated the strength of Applause for a lead, but it's not the end of the world. She's repairing her brand and doing well at it. These things don't happen instantly and she's obviously prepared to work at it.

Besides, a little knock to the ego isn't a bad thing for Gaga and her fans. She'll want to come back even harder with the second single and the fans, hopefully, won't be as obnoxious from now on.

You deserve a big round of :clap:

Omegahedron

Exactly.

Whilst Applause is obviously radio friendly, it's nowhere near as easy to digest as Roar...and the same applies to Gaga and Katy themselves. One is clearly an easier pill to swallow.

Hard Tea to take, but Tea none the less.

I always find myself in a predicament when thinking about Gaga's level of success. On the one hand, I want her to slay the world, and to be popular with a wide audience. It is precisely her popularity which has enabled her to have freedom creatively.

On the flip side, Gaga's whole philosophy should mean that none of us care about the success or adoration of the world. If she works to maintain her success, it could stifle the risks she takes or her artistic growth.

I'm not sure we or Gaga can have our cake and eat it. 

Disco Heaven

Exactly.

P-R-E-A-C-H, gurl!!!

I'm not worried at all. She's not a goddess, she's a popstar and she's doing fine. If she flops, ok, that's a lesson to learn and come back better. It'd be ridiculous if we keep this "the world's gotta swallow Gaga's awesomeness" attitude. We can't predict exactly how a song will chart. She's NOT an absolute #1 Chart-Topping Queen of Pop, and some fans have to understand that, relax + enjoy the music and performances.

• Shadow locked this topic