US Charts Discussion

Americano

Featured Posts

• Replies 31.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ArtGagaPop

She's still getting positive updates on radio cause the AI is growing.  :shrug:

Which means that when they play it, people don't turn it off.

Yeah i fell like most people who hear the song like it or at least not dislike. It's just that the radio spins it less for no reason :(

Alright it's back to #3 on the real-time iTunes chart, not Kworb yet

She literally keeps swapping places with Robin grhh

I don't know. Maybe this will be another WCS. Time will show. But with not even one successful single... ARTPOP won't be even able to outsell BTW based on US sales.

Or maybe the GP isn't here for her and we should get over ourselves and hope that she can pull off a successful tour. Maybe she really killed it, literally with BTW. And who can blame the GP, BTW was a hot mess... unless the amazing music I've enjoyed for 2 years, everything this era gave me was a non-fully organised try-too hard stuff. 

There's a thread on atrl asking why radio is ignoring applause, kworb posted this.

US radio is SLOW, songs usually take 10-15 weeks to peak. It's not over until it's LOSING spins. Stop overreacting. Its updates have been fine, especially considering its extremely strong start. Nothing wrong with the callout scores either.

http://rtmresults.com/report.php?file=persons_Top40&sort=2&top=60&brand=rtm

Runway

Or maybe the GP isn't here for her and we should get over ourselves and hope that she can pull off a successful tour. Maybe she really killed it, literally with BTW. And who can blame the GP, BTW was a hot mess... unless the amazing music I've enjoyed for 2 years, everything this era gave me was a non-fully organised try-too hard stuff.

She just went up to #3

People at least like the song.......

Bring out the payola. Katy did it, so could Gaga. Eff if, GP doesn't know about payola. She just needs her music heard at this point, and it's time to make the stations be forced to play her. They're being mad biased cuz of last era.

BYE

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/5679974/robin-thicke-or-katy-perry-wholl-be-no-1-on-next-weeks-hot-100

Thanks to expected sales spikes due to the MTV Video Music Awards, Robin Thicke and Katy Perry look to be neck-and-neck in the latest projections for the chart's top spot, to be revealed on Billboard.com next Wednesday (Sept. 4). This week, Thicke's "Blurred Lines" (featuring T.I. and Pharrell) spends a 12th week at the summit, fending off Katy Perry's "Roar," which holds at No. 2.

Meanwhile, Eminem is due to blast in with his new single "Berzerk," while Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus should also see post-VMA increases.

According to industry sources, "Roar" could sell 450,000-475,000 downloads for the tracking week ending Sunday (Sept. 1). She performed the song to close out the VMAs last Sunday (Aug. 25).

"Lines" is projected to sell 225,000-250,000 following Thicke's much-buzzed-about performance of it at the VMAs with Miley Cyrus in a medley with her "We Can't Stop." Her hit, which currently ranks at No. 3 on the Hot 100, could sell 150,000 by the end of the tracking week. (Her new single "Wrecking Ball," which enters the Hot 100 at No. 50 this week with 90,000 sold, according to Nielsen SoundScan, is projected to jump to 190,000-200,000.)

The VMAs opening number, Lady Gaga's "Applause," at No. 4 on the Hot 100 this week, is forecast to sell 200,000-225,000.

The other song headed for a high sales start is Eminem's "Berzerk," which should start with a lofty 350,000-375,000.

I heard Gaga finally snatched Robins wig for #3 again. Well now thanks ATRL I know how radio works. Let's just give it some time :coffee:

It's not her best song but it's perfect for radio.

True, but that doesn't mean it's flawless. Far from it....

Archived