Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The Art of Pop: Behind Lady Gagas v85 Covers In Her Own Words

Alien Tulip

Featured Posts

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EnigmaMonstr

So from the Lady Gaga is Over video to this, everything about this era is brilliant and I'm upset that I feel more of the world is not revelling in it... If only this was the BTW era, and then everyone would be fully aware of this very epic ARTPOP movement.

Sudarshana

I'm so glad she gave that explanation.

What we have with the ARTPOP era is much less conceptual and standartized than her previous public images, she doesn't want to simplify herself anymore to get understood, she's just being genuine.

OMG, so emotional right now :flutter:

Nous sommes tous obligés, pour rendre la réalité supportable, d'entretenir en nous quelques petites folies. — Marcel Proust

What an interesting read! I love how she embodied different versions of herself for this. The whole concept for ARTPOP is becoming more and more intriguing. I love how much she's been pushing herself and experimenting to prepare for this era. It's fascinating to watch.

I see this girl as the first incarnation of me. Of Gaga. The Bowie superfan, playing with glitter and reflective materials, like doing a jigsaw puzzle. How can I paint with this palette in a way they’ve never seen? How can I remain loyal to my glam roots and soar with an artistry that is still forming? I have always felt comforted in my ability to learn as a performer. When I care to no longer learn or research, I am then an occupant of my own ego. Bowie is a scholar, and it is this part of him that I’ve kept with me. If I allow myself to really delve into and a--lyze the thing I’m making, I feel a sense of control. A sense of belonging. I belong because I must create. I must transform. And I must believe that my ability to evolve is infinite.

This is ****ing perfect. My new favorite Gaga quote. :legend:

crownlessking

Really interesting read, thank you! It's opened my eyes to the ARTPOP era a tad more, and has made me even more excited for it to truly begin!

It all links back to that theme: possibilities. Transformation; linking back to Born This Way. It's clear that she's gone back to Stefani at the beginning of this era, which is really interesting. Perhaps Applause is reminiscent of The Fame; yet ties into Born This Way with her tour. It's all very interesting.

I love her explanations. It inspires me and my theory about "we could belong together" is about joining GP and us, fans. Pop for GP and Art for us. Blend it. Make it real loud.

I loved reading this :heart: Great that Donatella became a real friend.

But will she really stay in the woods for days? Like really :ohno:

Dayman

I loved reading this :heart: Great that Donatella became a real friend.

But will she really stay in the woods for days? Like really :ohno:

She already did. She was talking about the Abramovic Method which we got the video of.

She already did. She was talking about the Abramovic Method which we got the video of.

oh wow :deadbanana: I would be so unhappy without food for some days :dead:

Vernier

Take a look at Madonna's look for the "Like a Virgin/Love Spent" performance on the MDNA Tour and you'll see what I mean.

I just did, and either I'm looking at the wrong pic or you're a delusional Madonna fan looking for a connection that's not there, I vote for the latter :)

And since 'Bowie-gaga' is supposed to be a throwback to Gaga when she first started out, why would she pick a Madonna look from 2012? You can help guide me along, by posting pics of a similar Madonna look because so far, you're reaching

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived