💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Billboard: 'Applause' to debut with 200k in US (Current: #3 - iTunes)

Americano

Featured Posts

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Karl

• Michael

• Americano

• PopMayhem

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but I don't get the relatable thing, I mean look gangnam style, I don't think a lot of people know korean and that song become so popular and was everywhere.

Gangnam Style was a hit because of the video and the specific sound. The fact that it was Korean doesn't make it specifically unrelatable. It's neutral.

By your definition "Circus" by Britney Spears would not be "relatable." Give it up.

No, Circus is basically a dance song. People having their eyes on you while you're dancing.

Applause on the other hand, is a song about wanting applause, living for applause, wanting to hear cheers, going against the "critics" -- who the hell relates to that? Drag queens who put on stage shows? Not your average casual listener.

Now let's take Drowned World (Substitute For Love) by Madonna. It's thematically similar, but written in such a way that it very relatable. Everyone can give their own meaning to that song. Applause is very straight-forward and uninteresting with a theme that most people cannot relate to whatsoever.

Those saying relatability doesn't matter underestimate casual listeners. Most people wouldn't randomly sing along to something they don't 'get' (or however you want to put it).

Edited by rpgames

Bad Romance sold 142,000 copies its first week, soooooo

Could you imagine if her fans treated TFM the way they are treating ARTPOP?

"OMG NO #1 singles in the US?? She is being beaten by some new girl Kesha??? OMG FLOP"

"Eew. TF had 2 #1 singles with Just Dance and Poker Face... The decay... She has peaked already."

"Mess. Obviously her Paparazzi VMA performance hurt and damaged her image... It didn't appeal to the GP"

She is just showing more stable and sustainable sales now rather than massive peaks and drops... Her career is matured and that is a positive thing.

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO THINK! U GUYS ARE KILLING ME WITH SAYING ITS A FLOP!  :toofunga:

Omg and  the Madonna fans and all the other fanbases will talk sh*t about Gaga and us now, THANKS SO F*CKING MUCH AMERICAN MONSTERS  :noparty:

they already are sis. we're getting dragged for filth on literally every pop forum 

So, I wrote this to IDOLATOR after this post: http://idolator.com/7478059/lady-gaga-reassures-little-monsters-that-applause-is-not-flopping-after-itunes-fall#comment-14866384

My guest name: Theo

"So #3 over thousands is “flopping†nowadays…

I seriously recommend you guys, as a well-known Website/Music Blog (who should be impartial about music: good when it’s good, bad when it’s bad), to stop being so hypocritical about this song. if “Applause†isn’t your jam, don’t listen to it, and don’t write posts about it. Especially, tacitly implying Gaga’s gonna flop or “Roar†is better. You don’t fool anyone, leave that s- to unobjective, predisposed bloggers like Muumuse or PH.

If she flops, she flops. If not, then not. Stop the sensationalism, stop making bad journalism, otherwise a lot of people will stop taking your opinions into account about every d- song you review.

You are a great pop music blog. Don’t throw that away just ’cause you guys wanna “be cool†criticizing just for criticizing."

PLEASE DONT REMIND ME OF THAT OMFG

sorry  :sweat:

"OMG NO #1 singles in the US?? She is being beaten by some new girl Kesha??? OMG FLOP"

"Eew. TF had 2 #1 singles with Just Dance and Poker Face... The decay... She has peaked already."

"Mess. Obviously her Paparazzi VMA performance hurt and damaged her image... It didn't appeal to the GP"

She is just showing more stable and sustainable sales now rather than massive peaks and drops... Her career is matured and that is a positive thing.

SPILL. THAT. TEA  :tea:  :tea: !!

You guys gotta stop thinking Gaga was the same popular star she was 2 years ago... Think of her as just starting out again and climbing her way to the top that will make you guys enjoy her successes more... Because as much as I don't like it her popularity did take a hit with BTW so she is currently in the process of wining back the GP

But she shot to the top with Just Dance and Poker Face :awkney:

Who cares about a song sales?

Look at the tours Gaga does:

FloppyKat: TOTAL 1,066,831 / 1,088,817 (98%) $51,824,881

Gaga:        TOTAL 1,643,407 / 1,649,196 (99.8%) $167,989,553

Let's not forget about the Machete Kills movie. If that will be good (and willl) that will be a huge promo for Gaga.

Edited by Lithium

jhonyguy04

The proof of how shallow some of these fans are is the fact that when they heard Applause they were saying "OMG SLAYED THIS SONG IS A MASTERPIECE" then when they hear anything about lower sales than BTW they are like "THIS SONG IS NOT GOOD ENUF THAT IS WHY IT FL0P! GAGS SHUD HAVE DONE COMERSHAL MUSIC" :derpga:

But why should we dictate what Gaga does and doesn't do? She isn't somebody who writes based on what is popular at the time. If she was, Just Dance would have been an urban banger in the vein of Rihanna.

Having said that, Applause is a catchy-dance song, and that is what is popular on radio now. It's neither commercial nor very experimental.

This. Everbody saying Applause is bad because its flopping lol.

Epione

Everyone should read this. I'm tired of all that those 'flop' discussions. I thought I could enjoy new music, new era with this fanbase but every time I open thread there are only numbers, charts, positions and etc. This fanbase sucks lately. I guess if you want enjoy what Gaga gives us, you need to do it alone. Sorry for my negative thoughts.  :emo:  :emo:  :emo:

I'm ready for Applause to be on the charts for weeks and months  :yes:  :yes:

Edited by Ammuffin

Curunir

this fanbase   
all this complaining won't change the fact that Applause is a f*cking masterpiece. at least for me it is - the success of a song can't change my opinion of it. and for god's sake, have some faith in gaga. a month from now many of you are going to change your minds and feel different. just sayin'

Did you prefer a #1 hit decreasing faster on the charts, or a #2 or #3 hit with so much longevity?
Why are you so pressed about US sales? She's still #1 at worldwide itunes chart!

• Shadow locked this topic