💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The Abramovic Method Practiced by Lady Gaga (NSFW)

Nullvoid

Featured Posts

Rainbowgynous

This isn't ****ing art and I wish people would stop calling her pretentious and stupid for trying to flog this off as art when she's ****ing not.

Marina and Gaga, please be friends forever.

Looks a lot like some performance art I've seen though... Perhaps it's a combination of meditation and art.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bebe

• Miel

• SEANGT

• Nullvoid

Top Posters In This Topic

SEANGT

What you are talking about is the placebo effect, but claiming that a placebo actively radiate energy and interacts with our biochemistry is spreading misinformation and promoting pseudoscience.

"The crystals she lays at the end are believed to radiate a certain energy that Marina believes interacts with our biochemistry and helps stabilize our mental states as well as induce a natural state of calm."

see, I recognize how that is bull****. She probably shouldn't be promoting that. On the flip side, it's not replacing any kind of legitimate healing. It's not saying that it will heal your wounds, or any afflictions of any kind. It just calms you. What's wrong with that?

Rainbowgynous

What you are talking about is the placebo effect, but claiming that a placebo actively radiate energy and interacts with our biochemistry is spreading misinformation and promoting pseudoscience.

"The crystals she lays at the end are believed to radiate a certain energy that Marina believes interacts with our biochemistry and helps stabilize our mental states as well as induce a natural state of calm."

I know what I'm talking about ;-)

And yeah, boohoo, she believes something that hasn't been proven. Is she hurting anyone with that? Nope, so I don't care. In the past many things that hadn't been proven, or were even disproven, proved to be right after all.

Not saying this is one of those, I personally believe it's probably just placebo effect indeed... But since no one is any the worse for it I think we should let people make up their own minds about it.

SEANGT

Right? I love people on the comments "ARTISTICALLY FASCINATING" 

People obviously don't understand the definition of method or exercises. 

yupppp. Of course this video had a director and technically it could be considered his or her work of art...but it's more just documenting this process. 

Bebe

There are benefits that have not yet been scientifically proven, but is science all there is?

Acupuncture/Yoga/Meditation are thousands of years old and still practiced today. Western medicine is a few hundred years old.

The use of herbal medicines was the primary form of healthcare until certain scientists who promoted the "scientific method" came into the picture.

Did you know that aspirin is derived from a plant based chemical? Did you know that Red Rice Yeast is more effective than Lipitor?

Yes, there are some ways to go to PROVE alternative healing works, but for someone who wants to explore alternative ways of healing, is not dangerous, but commendable.

"There are benefits that have not yet been scientifically proven" so you can't claim there are benefits.

"Did you know that aspirin is derived from a plant based chemical?" Yes, aspirin came from the Willow tree. Nobody is bashing herbal medicine if it has been proven effective and has actual medicinal properties. The problem with alternative medicine is that it has not been proven to work or has been proven not to work.

"Someone who wants to explore alternative ways of healing, is not dangerous, but commendable." It is extremely dangerous to put your health into the hands of treatments that have not been proven to work or have been proven not to work. Not only is it unlikely that it will improve your condition but it may come with other negative side-effects because it has not been properly tested.

Nathan James

Personally, this is so peaceful just to watch and listen to. Love Marina's work and just adore this side to Gaga she seems to be helping bring to life.  There really is very little to 'get', evaluate or argue over here. It's basically just mediation. And it's very beautiful and relaxing and simple. It's almost ironic how many people are so easily frustrated, angered or confused by it. It's very powerful if your able to experience it rather than judge it. Then again what do I know.  :shrug:

Edited by Nathan James

Rainbowgynous

Dangerous is a strong word but promoting and dabbling in alternative medicine (that by definition has either NOT been proven to work or has been proven NOT to work) is dangerous. 

Oh boohooo, someone's gonna hold a rock because they think it will make them calm.

Got a surprise for you: It will. It will actually make them more calm than any medication, with none of the side effects.

DirtyIceCream

OMG I loooved it!!! If you watch Marina's film it makes complete sense and I'm soo happy shes kind of taken GaGa under her wing. They call her the "grandmother of performance art"  and I just think this will push GaGa to the next level in her performances.

Edited by DirtyIceCream

Bebe

I know what I'm talking about ;-)

And yeah, boohoo, she believes something that hasn't been proven. Is she hurting anyone with that? Nope, so I don't care. In the past many things that hadn't been proven, or were even disproven, proved to be right after all.

Not saying this is one of those, I personally believe it's probably just placebo effect indeed... But since no one is any the worse for it I think we should let people make up their own minds about it.

It is both irresponsible and dangerous to put your health in the hands of a treatment that has either not been proven to work or has been proven not to work. Not only is it unlikely to actually improve your condition but it can come with other negative side effects because it has not been properly tested.

SEANGT

It is both irresponsible and dangerous to put your health in the hands of a treatment that has either not been proven to work or has been proven not to work. Not only is it unlikely to actually improve your condition but it can come with other negative side effects because it has not been properly tested.

"a treatment" as in rocks and "health" as in feeling more calm. Nothing life-threatening here 

Deadmau5 just tweeted about the video:

tumblr_mr6sghvmJr1qb9vj6o1_500.png

Deadmau5 it is sad because he wasn't scaled for ARTPOP.

🌹 free britney 🌹

nomorescheisse

I love the video. All it does is show an interesting and different form of meditation, and Gaga participating in it.

I don't see how it is worse than any sort of religion, I don't know why some of you are overreacting.

• Shadow locked this topic