Diamond Heart

Wow, reading this has got me a bit more excited :P 

Cant wait to see how she will debut ! :D

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BarARTPOP

Interscope thought of everything lol, I hope she will break Flo Rida record.
By the way, this is my first comment on Gaga Daily! ;)

HausOfJerry

if the video is released one week after the VMA's that would be amazing.

but just the fact that the single is getting released the week of the VMAs is so smart..

hopefully we don't get another new artist that slays..

but let's be optimistic.

it's Lady Gaga, she runs the music industry. :party:

Blank Space

Interscope thought of everything lol, I hope she will break Flo Rida record.

By the way, this is my first comment on Gaga Daily! ;)

What Flo Rida record? :) could you tell me,please? ;)

Welcome to GGD tho :)

HOTRODSGAGA

A lot of people wont buy the album the first week, since it'll Be discounted two weeks later.

Vanilla

It's not THAT amazing, it's logical.

Good to see the era's well planned though

I won't die, but I can't live without you

BarARTPOP

What Flo Rida record? :) could you tell me,please? ;)

Welcome to GGD tho :)

Flo Rida holds the record of the best sales week on iTunes, he sold 636 thousand downloads in one week.

Thanks! : )

Blank Space

Flo Rida holds the record of the best sales week on iTunes, he sold 636 thousand downloads in one week.

Thanks! : )

Didnt BTW break that record? :huh:

BarARTPOP

Didnt BTW break that record? :huh:

No, Born This Way sold 509 thousand downloads, he broke the record for the best first week sales for a female artist, Unfortunately Taylor Swift has broken gaga record year after (2012.)

hughdancy

I don't mean to sound negative but I slightly disagree with you. While I do think the week positioning and closeness to the VMAs is great, I think the lead single/album gap is going to be a killer again, especially at this time of year.
If you read a lot of the BTW retrospectives that many online magazines were running, most of them picked the lead single/album gap as one of the reasons why BTW peaked quickly and then began to fizzle out. By the time the album actually came out, we had had the lead single, another single, and a promotional single, as well as the Government Hooker and Scheisse previews from the Mugler shows - and then Marry the Night was previewed like a week or two before release. This meant that when the actual album came out everyone had already heard anywhere between two and six songs so when the album finally dropped it didn't feel very fresh. ARTPOP (when Gaga talks about it) has always been talked about as being fresh - it might lose that if she oversaturates herself between the lead single drop and the album drop. While, yes, we probably won't have the Mugler previews etc with ARTPOP, she still runs the risk (at least in my mind) of dropping out of people's minds by the time the album comes out. Even if it hits #1 and stays at #1 for 5 weeks, that's STILL not even touching the album release date. Not a good place to be.
I know everyone constantly goes on about how TFM was so much better etc and I'm not here to do that but I am here to say that the gap between Bad Romance and TFM release was 3/4 weeks. That, in my opinion, was perfect because people were still getting the good vibes from Bad Romance by the time the album dropped. That was obviously compounded by the quick tour (which, tbh, I would like Gaga to do again - none of this BTWB stuff pls T_T) but I think the main thing is that the gap was really short. Gaga exploded onto the radio and stayed in people's minds.
Now as for the time of year, while TFM was released at the same time, it was really dark (which worked for the winter seasons). Hopefully ARTPOP will be dark but also fun (yes, that can happen - have you heard of black comedy?), because if it is solely 'fun' music it might run the risk of being out of season. Less people go to parties and clubs during winter compared to summer as well, as it's too cold and students are busy studying.
That said, it is close to Christmas so hopefully everyone will be getting a copy of ARTPOP stuffed into their stockings and I really really do hope that the album sells well. I'll be buying a copy of everything that comes out to do with it on day one.

badboymonsterx

I'm not worried about blurred lines at all lol I don't think it'll be anywhere near #1 by the end of Aug. I do agree though, great job Interscope! Homegirl better chill with the Friday releases 

This is so exciting, although the music is more important than sales, sales are always good proof/ evidence in stan wars tbh 

By ARTPOP I think Blurred Lines will have died down, if not, he is signed to Interscope, so I think they'll pull the plug on it, because Robin Thicke <<<<<< Gaga. They know that Gaga makes a ton of money 

Jenniferella

I can't at all those people obsessed with numbers

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

Archived