Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

FAME leaves shelves at Macy's; added to Kohl's online store

Paper Planes

Featured Posts

TraeumereiLPB

People, the black to clear technology is nothing but a gimmick. The only reason why it turns clear is because if you spray it, only a little bit of the fluid comes out, therefore you can't see the color. The perfume actually stained a white shirt of mine... And by the way: The whole conept for Fame is not unique.

There have been black perfumes before. Black Afgano by Nasomatto and Black Tourmaline by Olivier Durbano. And the ,,color to clear" technology has been used by Boudicca before, the fragrance is called "Wode - Paint". It sprays blue and then disappears after a minute. And instead of "Fame", the "disappearing color technology" actually works with the Boudicca perfume.

And don't even start with the push and pull technology. It doesn't exist. The only thing Fame did, was putting two already existing concepts together and bringing it to the mass market. But I am not blaming Gaga. She probably didn't even know all of this.

Edited by Kankuro
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChicaSkas

• Paper Planes

• AgusPop

• dirtypunx

dirtypunx

People, the black to clear technology is nothing but a gimmick. The only reason why it turns clear is because if you spray it, only a little bit of the fluid comes out, therefore you can't see the color. The perfume actually stained a white shirt of mine... And by the way: The whole conept for Fame is not unique.

There have been black perfumes before. Black Afgano by Nasomatto and Black Tourmaline by Olivier Durbano. And the ,,color to clear" technology has been used by Boudicca before, the fragrance is called "Wode - Paint". It sprays blue and then disappears after a minute. And instead of "Fame", the "disappearing color technology" actually works with the Boudicca perfume.

And don't even start with the push and pull technology. It doesn't exist. The only thing Fame did, was putting two already existing concepts together and bringing it to the mass market. But I am not blaming Gaga. She probably didn't even know all of this.

I'm certain that she did. Like you said it was all just a marketing technique.

I don't give a **** if Fame is original, in fact it sort of irritates me how in the fragrance world literally every scent is somehow considered a knock off of something else to someone. But why she had to put all emphasis on the supposed originality of her fragrance when it wasn't is her downfall. HOWEVER, give her **** for not being original just because 2 incredibly obscure fragrances were black fine. But shes probably the only mainstream celebrity to utilize those qualities in a mass marketed celebrity fragrance. I think thats cool.

Edited by dirtypunx

TraeumereiLPB

I'm certain that she did. Like you said it was all just a marketing technique.

I don't give a **** if Fame is original, in fact it sort of irritates me how in the fragrance world literally every scent is somehow considered a knock off of something else to someone. But why she had to put all emphasis on the supposed originality of her fragrance when it wasn't is her downfall. HOWEVER, give her **** for not being original just because 2 incredibly obscure fragrances were black fine. But shes probably the only mainstream celebrity to utilize those qualities in a mass marketed celebrity fragrance. I think thats cool.

I don't think it's a bad thing that she brought the 2 concepts into the mass market either. I just wanted to say that these things have been done before and are not as unique as she and Coty say it is. In the fragrance market, it is pretty common that a certain concept starts in the niche and then gets manstream. For example: Everyone know the fragrance "Cool Water" by Davidoff. Well, infact, Cool Water is a variation of a fragrance that was launched a few years earlier in the niche market, called "Green Irish Tweed" by Creed. The Creed fragrance was very popular, so it was adopted by mass market. It's always like that, even in fashion and technology.

Edited by Kankuro

ChicaSkas

I guess we should all be thankful it's cheaper. I bought a bottle and a lotion and it came to $96.00 at Macy's, the day before it was pulled, so it will be a relief to come into a Kohls, drop a ten buck off coupon and snag it for $20 :dies:

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

dirtypunx

I don't think it's a bad thing that she brought the 2 concepts into the mass market either. I just wanted to say that these things have been done before and are not as unique as she and Coty say it is. In the fragrance market, it is pretty common that a certain concept starts in the niche and then gets manstream. For example: Everyone know the fragrance "Cool Water" by Davidoff. Well, infact, Cool Water is a variation of a fragrance that was launched a few years earlier in the niche market, called "Green Irish Tweet" by Creed. The Creed fragrance was very popular, so it was adopted by mass market. It's always like that, even in fashion and technology.

I know all about the Green Irish Tweed comparisons but its arguable. I personally hate Green Irish Tweed. I also hate Coty and I really wish she would've gone with another haus. Even though in the end I do like Fame quite a bit. It doesn't smell as cheap as Coty usually tends to produce.

Edited by dirtypunx

dirtypunx

I guess we should all be thankful it's cheaper. I bought a bottle and a lotion and it came to $96.00 at Macy's, the day before it was pulled, so it will be a relief to come into a Kohls, drop a ten buck off coupon and snag it for $20 :dies:

What I think is the best though is how available it will be. It'll be good for her and for Fame to be sitting on the shelves in practically every store that sells celebrity fragrances.

ChicaSkas

who really cares?

well it was nice to see her in higher class department stores.

But as I said I won't miss the price. :)

@everyone else don't fight each other TOO hard, it's just a perfume!

What I think is the best though is how available it will be. It'll be good for her and for Fame to be sitting on the shelves in practically every store that sells celebrity fragrances.

Yes. She will be the "Scar to the Simba" for a lot of those perfumes.
Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

TraeumereiLPB

Don't school me on fragrances, they're a hobby of mine lol I know all about the Green Irish Tweed comparisons but its arguable. I personally hate Green Irish Tweed. I also hate Coty and I really wish she would've gone with another haus. Even though in the end I do like Fame quite a bit. It doesn't smell as cheap as Coty usually tends to produce.

I didn't think I would find another fragrance enthusiast on Gagadaily ;-)

I am very interested in what Gaga will do with Coty in the future. Coty is able to produce really good fragrances (the Bottega Veneta line is fabulous), but celebrity perfumes are seldom good. But maybe Gaga will surprise us next time. Until then, I will stick with Bond No. 9 ;-)

dirtypunx

I didn't think I would find another fragrance enthusiast on Gagadaily ;-)

I am very interested in what Gaga will do with Coty in the future. Coty is able to produce really good fragrances (the Bottega Veneta line is fabulous), but celebrity perfumes are seldom good. But maybe Gaga will surprise us next time. Until then, I will stick with Bond No. 9 ;-)

Im trying to save up to get a bottle of By Kilian's Incense Oud. I tried out a sample of it and im addicted.

I don't feel like Gaga will make a new fragrance though....considering Fame wasn't as prevalent as some other celebrity fragrances there probably isn't a demand for her to come out with a new one. Unfortunately. But oh the possibilities.

Edited by dirtypunx

TraeumereiLPB

Im trying to save up to get a bottle of By Kilian's Incense Oud. I tried out a sample of it and im addicted.

I don't feel like Gaga will make a new fragrance though....considering Fame wasn't as prevalent as some other celebrity fragrances there probably isn't a demand for her to come out with a new one. Unfortunately. But oh the possibilities.

The Incense Oud is gorgeous! Even though I usually like sweeter perfumes, this one has a nice balance of wood and cool smokiness. By Kilian has some really amazing fragrances, and the packaging is to die for!

If ARTPOP is a success, I really think Coty will give it another try. The problem is, that people always expect something extraordinary from Gaga. I think it will be tough to come up with a new concept for the next time.

dirtypunx

The Incense Oud is gorgeous! Even though I usually like sweeter perfumes, this one has a nice balance of wood and cool smokiness. By Kilian has some really amazing fragrances, and the packaging is to die for!

If ARTPOP is a success, I really think Coty will give it another try. The problem is, that people always expect something extraordinary from Gaga. I think it will be tough to come up with a new concept for the next time.

Its so s-xy as is the packaging. I want to order a sample of Back to Black next.

I'm wearing Tobacco Vanille right now. I'm trying it out because i've heard so many positive things about it and I feel like its growing on me.

True, they might. I think people wanted or expected Fame to be this bonkers release that turned celebuscents upside down and the scent itself turned out to just be ordinary but pleasant. I don't think it'd be too hard for them to top it.

• Shadow locked this topic