• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Michelle

wait, what??

Lets go take a howl at that moon🌙 -Crowley

J e s s e

What kind of mess?! :messga:

"They have as much in common as dinosaurs and goldfish: the cracker kind!" - Penelope Garcia

oh ffs, i hope they don't do this, the best they can do is show explicit videos after watershed & restrict them on youtube to 18+ registered users. & how the f*** is BTW video "demeaning portrayal of women"???

Darren97

BBFC? Its because britain hates fun, that's why I hate living here

WheresTheDoggo

SEXUALLY explicit music and exercise DVDs by artists such as Lady Gaga and the ***cat Dolls are to be given age ratings to stop them being sold to children, the Government have announced.

A loophole in the law allowed extreme footage classified as sport or music videos to be bought by youngsters.

But from April next year the British Board of Film Classification (BBFC) will assess such films and issue them with a "12", "15" and "18" rating if need be.

DVDs that have quite legally been exempt from classification, but the BBFC has received complaints about, include Lady Gaga's Born this Way video, which features nudity and a "demeaning portrayal of women" and the ***cat Dolls Workout Exercise video featuring s-xually provocative poses and movements.

Close-ups of female genitalia and the sight of a baby being crushed underfoot in the Flaming Lips - Christmas on Mars video caused upset, according to a consultation document.

Communications Minister Ed Vaizey said: "Government realises that the world has moved on since these exemptions were written into the Video Recordings Act some 30 years ago.

"The changes we've announced today will help ensure children are better protected, and that parents are provided with the information necessary for them to make informed choices about what their children view."

It comes as the Government announced it was pushing for other measures to protect children from unsuitable images on the internet.

Work is under way with wireless internet providers to introduce blocks on some content, such as ****ography websites, in family friendly places, such as cafes and restaurants.

The Office of the Children's Commissioner warned of the damaging impact explicit and extreme images available on the internet are having on young people.

Edward Timpson, Children and Families Minister, said: "Parents need to be confident that their children are not exposed to adult content when out and about in public places. This progress is encouraging.

"Through the UK Council for Child Internet Safety we will push for a firmer commitment from WiFi providers, retailers, shops and cafes so parents are reassured their children will not be able to access ****ography when they are away from home."

Whats your view on this, do you think it should happen? 

it means that the Terry Richardson documentary will most likely be age rated and this will mean that ARTPOP videos will most likely be age rated

Discuss

hey I'm Doggo :derpga:

GagaMyBlood95

Not 100% sure but I think this is AP, think I saw it yesterday  ;)

WheresTheDoggo

Not 100% sure but I think this is AP, think I saw it yesterday  ;)

i looked for it and i didn't see another one :shrug:

hey I'm Doggo :derpga:

GagaMyBlood95

i looked for it and i didn't see another one :shrug:

ohh maybe I read it somewhere else  :sweat:

Didymus

Definitely AP, but I can't find the thread either. I commented on it, so I know I saw it ;)

Vanilla

"demeaning portrayal of women" :laughga:

The irony

I won't die, but I can't live without you

Pure Adrenaline

:toofunga:  :awkney:

what kind of floppidity must be this.....it's not like childern will be protected more when some videos are age rated, if someone wants to watch the video he will find way one or another  :ray:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived