💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Happy two year anniversary, Born This Way!

Jase

Featured Posts

MonsterOfSpain

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST ALBUM OF ALL TIMES :party: So many memories from the day BTW came out, so many hours on the computer, so many performances, interviews, singles, videos, songs and, most of all, AMAZING moments. 

Let's see if ARTPOP can beat this, but it will be VERY, VERY difficult.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Galactic Mess

I love the BTW era. I mean, we did get despicable videos from it, but also amazing songs, a message and derpga.

Jase

Me and my friend waited outside HMV before it opened on the morning it came out. The staff must have thought we were so odd because we were the only people there One other girl eventually turned up, HMV opened, and we all sprinted to the stand where the album was sitting. We raced back home, listened in separate rooms, went back into town to some bar, ordered vodka (and this was early afternoon ), and we just spewed all of our thoughts about what we'd just heard. Good times indeed. :flutter:

EDIT: We both picked a song to NOT listen too until the night because we were going out clubbing. Anyway, we decided on Heavy Metal Lover. We were pre-drinking, put it on, and omg, our drunken reactions...priceless :dies:

Magdalena

I hate myself for not being a part of the time when BTW was released. I was on the release day but I gave up on her in the summer.

Came back in October. And I've missed so many amazing outfits...

Love it and it'll always be my favorite album because at that time I was finding myself, I was lonely, didn't have any friends or any motivation to live... It helped me to find the path to eternal happiness.

Sexxx

Me and my friend waited outside HMV before it opened on the morning it came out. The staff must have thought we were so odd because we were the only people there One other girl eventually turned up, HMV opened, and we all sprinted to the stand where the album was sitting. We raced back home, listened in separate rooms, went back into town to some bar, ordered vodka (and this was early afternoon ), and we just spewed all of our thoughts about what we'd just heard. Good times indeed. :flutter:

EDIT: We both picked a song to NOT listen too until the night because we were going out clubbing. Anyway, we decided on Heavy Metal Lover. We were pre-drinking, put it on, and omg, our drunken reactions...priceless :dies:

that sounds so amazing :cry:

Morphine Prince

Perfect album. My favorite from her. I remember coming home and listening to it and just being mesmerized the entire time. 

In retrospect it's probably been the most important era for any major female pop artist since Britney's comeback. So many memories.. I remember listening to Born this Way for the first time, GLUED to my computer screen, refreshing Youtube for someone to upload it... I remember listening to the leaked snippets of Judas and throwing a damn fit. And then listening to that beauty of an album in full two years ago this day. My reaction to Scheiße was so priceless... I'm SO recording my reaction to listening to ARTPOP in full. And OF COURSE, going to see her live for the first time is a memory I'll treasure forever.

Highlights for me...

JudasInTheDark

I guess in a way the Born This Way album changed my life. Gaga became my life. I still remember replaying the clip we had of Government Hooker from the Mugler show over and over and jamming. Listening to BTW (the single) the first time was suchhh a magical moment. Coming home and seeing that Judas was released early, right before i went on vacation was amazing. It became the beach jam for my whole family and i listen to it all the time when i go back now. I woke up every morning and played it and the way it felt listening to it so fresh was just awesome. Ugh and then when the video came out

Gagavisons were phenomenal too. I miss those so much. I watched Gaga's episode of SNL today and I think I almost forgot how much I love her. I really do. I feel like I KNOW Gaga and she will always be a aprt of my life. I don't know it's almost weirdly emotional for me. She just changed how I live honestly. :cry:

I never got the experience of running into a store and grabbing my copy of BTW on release day like many, because I had to stay after school that day for practice. I tried to get my mom to let me skip school that day, believe me haha. But when I was picked up from school the deluxe CD was sitting in the back of the car for me. My mom and sister had went and got a copy for me. :cry:

I really can't wait for ARTPOP. Not just the music itself, but the journey of it all. The wait for BTW was so fun. This is killing me so far haha.

The greatest album I've ever heard. I've been stanning for pop music for 20+ years and Born This Way is the album I've been waiting for my entire life. It's message, sound and originality is something unprecedented in this industry. 

A complete revolution that is now praised by fans, but with time people will see what a timeless classic it was. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

"I just wanna be myself and I want you to love, me for who I am."

That lyric gets me every time. :legend:

From its extremely massive promotional campaign which was something unheard of back then... all the way to its visual imageries, the mind-boggling performances such as the overly hyped 2011 GRAMMY debut performance of Born This Way, the polarizing 2011 VMA You & I opening with Jo Calderone, and the elaborate 2011 EMA performance of Marry The Night, and even the never-ending controversies that surrounded this era, namely the omni-present Madonna comparisons, the 99 cents Amazon deal, and the abrupt BTW tour cancellation, in totality, everything about Born This Way was simply striking and thought-provoking, making it arguably as the most monumental career-changing step for Gaga. And it's remarkably a progressive one.  

She sold out stadiums, sold millions of albums in its debut week, broke records in both digital sales and airplay, launched an anti-bullying foundation, performed for some of the most influential world leaders, and dominated the headlines across the globe. It clearly showed the magnitude of her impact not only as a pop superstar but as an artist who strongly wants to make a bold difference in the world of ours. And for that, Born This Way wasn't merely an album, it was a movement of pushing the boundaries, spreading the message to accept who you are and be proud of yourself no matter what. That's Born This Way. 

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived