Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Was it Gaga's outfits that really skyrocketed her into fame?

Katie14

Featured Posts

Katie14

We all know how talented and amazing Gaga is.  I am sure she still would have become famous without the eccentric looks. But, I wonder if it was her outfits that drastically helped to set her apart from the thousands of creative and wonderful singers and songwriters. Did her outfits help people to remember her and stay interested? I feel like she wouldn't be as famous as she is now if she dressed "normally". 

How much do you think her outfits and makeup influenced her success and fame? Do you think this was planned by Gaga or her label?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unicorn De Milo

It definetly help turm me into a fan, as a fashion lover I was excited to see what she was going to wear to her next performance, video, interview etc.

and I think it was definetly a contributing factors when she was an up and coming artist, the general public was definetly captivated by them, but at the end I think that while the outfits cought our attention, her talent was what made her a true star

I think the visuals played a large part into her massive success, however, talent and her catchy music played a larger role. I doubt if someone with no talent wore her outfits they would get as far as she has. 

NewYorkCity

It definetly help turm me into a fan, as a fashion lover I was excited to see what she was going to wear I here next performance, video, interview etc.

and I think it was definetly a contributing factors when she was an up and coming artist, the general public was definetly captivated by them, but at the end I think that while the outfits fought our attention, her talent was what converted us into fans

:tea:

not really i mean, the fame outfits were just typical pop star stuff. She even wore jeans once.

Runway

they just set her apart from the other basics but it was her music that brought her where she's today

display name

I think fashion definitely made her more relevant. Everybody was talking about her image, as well as her music. Both of those things were essential to her success. If she had given no effort to looking like a goddess, then she would have been like every other peasant who had a few hits.

The outfits were a big part of what made her so interesting at the time. Not a lot of pop stars around that time dressed that eccentric before Gaga. I think she would have still been successful without the outfits but probably not the megastar she is today.

Forrest Gump

well duh

there was there was no one else wearing purple wigs and leotards and heelless shoes down the street at the time. and it helped that she was a good singer compared to the katy's and britney's in pop.

she had hits on hits too but it was her videos and outrageous fashion that had people outside of top 40 radio interested in her. without them she'd be just another pop star that can sing and stuff.

not really i mean, the fame outfits were just typical pop star stuff. She even wore jeans once.

The Fame was not even the peak of her career though...

Ambrosia

I do feel her fashion was exciting, but you need real talent to stick that staying power.  I think the outfits initially made people turn their heads and pay attention to the tiny woman with the big talent.  Kind of like an advertisement in a store window, you have to get people in the door, and once you do, you wow 'em. 

I hope she's remembered for her talent and voice, and not so much the outfits though, on down the road.

Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. -Socrates

jhonyguy04

Def set her apart. She bought avant garde to the mainstream.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived