💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Random Movie Discussion

Mills

Favourite Movie Genre  

73 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of movies do you like most?

Featured Posts

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really want to see Elysium (Matt Damon, Jodie Foster). It's a science fiction film, and it looks really good.

I'm seeing Grown Ups 2 tomorrow with my sister and her friend. I'm not over the moon with the film choice, as I honestly think this movie doesn't look too great, but hey, it's a trip to the cinema so I won't complain!

One Five Ten

My favourite films are drama because I feel as though "drama" is a genre that can too compose of Action, Romance and Comedy, it's a strange little genre. Like, I'd call "Pulp Fiction" and "Inglourious Basterds" dramas even though they could both too be classed as action.  :sara:

I guess my two fave genres are fantasy and scifi.

But for me the fantasy has to be like really high e.g LOTR

Cant wait to see The desolation of smaug this december, my extended family all went on boxing day last year and i think we're doing a similar thing this year  :party:

Also so very pumped for the next trilogy of star wars films.

Oh and I've heard that one of my fave book series (mortal engines) is being turned into a set of movies but idk when  :messga:

:)

I guess my two fave genres are fantasy and scifi.

But for me the fantasy has to be like really high e.g LOTR

Cant wait to see The desolation of smaug this december, my extended family all went on boxing day last year and i think we're doing a similar thing this year  :party:

Also so very pumped for the next trilogy of star wars films.

Oh and I've heard that one of my fave book series (mortal engines) is being turned into a set of movies but idk when  :messga:

There's a next trilogy? Wow. I believe it'll be under Disney since they bought the franchise. Are there any developments on that? Would it be a continuation or just a remake? I hope for the former.  :excited2:

What I like most about LOTR and SW is the inclusion of wars and politics into the core storyline. They somehow mirror our own. And most particularly LOTR, I've always find the resemblance between the Two Towers and World War II. Films that mirrors reality in a creative way are one of my most favourite ones to watch. It's as if you're watching history with CGI effects. Anyway, who are your favorite LOTR characters? Saruman intrigues me the most. He's a true politician in every sense of the word. 

There's a next trilogy? Wow. I believe it'll be under Disney since they bought the franchise. Are there any developments on that? Would it be a continuation or just a remake? I hope for the former.  :excited2:

What I like most about LOTR and SW is the inclusion of wars and politics into the core storyline. They somehow mirror our own. And most particularly LOTR, I've always find the resemblance between the Two Towers and World War II. Films that mirrors reality in a creative way are one of my most favourite ones to watch. It's as if you're watching history with CGI effects. Anyway, who are your favorite LOTR characters? Saruman intrigues me the most. He's a true politician in every sense of the word.

Arghhh how can I pick a favourite?!?! :wtfga:

I feel like they're all so fleshed out and interesting, there is literally a whole life story to each character. I suppose one of my favourites would definitely be someone Elven, they'er just so cool, maybe Galadriel. I just love her whole backstory.

And yeah, they're making 7, 8 and 9. It's going to be a continuation of the original trilogy. Apparantly the people who originally played Luke, Han and Leia are going to be in it but old. :emma:

There's supposed to be another - final - trilogy after this one but idk what that's going to be about.

I totally agree about the mirroring reality thing, to me, LOTR feels like it actually happened thousands of years ago. I suppose something that makes it so compelling is the amount of actually history and lore behind it; it doesn't feel fake.

Arghhh how can I pick a favourite?!?! :wtfga:

I feel like they're all so fleshed out and interesting, there is literally a whole life story to each character. I suppose one of my favourites would definitely be someone Elven, they'er just so cool, maybe Galadriel. I just love her whole backstory.

And yeah, they're making 7, 8 and 9. It's going to be a continuation of the original trilogy. Apparantly the people who originally played Luke, Han and Leia are going to be in it but old. :emma:

There's supposed to be another - final - trilogy after this one but idk what that's going to be about.

I totally agree about the mirroring reality thing, to me, LOTR feels like it actually happened thousands of years ago. I suppose something that makes it so compelling is the amount of actually history and lore behind it; it doesn't feel fake.

Wow, so there's a huge chance that we're getting episodes 7-12, if that other trilogy shall push through. It'd be really interesting on who'd be the villains this time. Another Sith lord? The one I really like about what George Lucas did is that he created an entire universe to a point any kind of story could actually work. It could actually be a never-ending one. The only problem they'd probably encounter is for the product to become stale in its entirety. 

I really enjoyed the prequel trilogy, especially how the entire background story of Anakin was presented - his transformation from being loved into someone being hated. Looking forward to this sequel trilogy then with Luke on the center. But personally, I think I'd always prefer Anakin over his son. Anakin seems more human to me. His character is more likeable despite knowing he's actually Darth Vader. And the least I'd want is for Luke to simply become Anakin 2.0 by somehow turning into a Sith lord (I could actually see it happening though). 

Wow, so there's a huge chance that we're getting episodes 7-12, if that other trilogy shall push through. It'd be really interesting on who'd be the villains this time. Another Sith lord? The one I really like about what George Lucas did is that he created an entire universe to a point any kind of story could actually work. It could actually be a never-ending one. The only problem they'd probably encounter is for the product to become stale in its entirety. 

I really enjoyed the prequel trilogy, especially how the entire background story of Anakin was presented - his transformation from being loved into someone being hated. Looking forward to this sequel trilogy then with Luke oI the center. But personally, I think I'd always prefer Anakin over his son. Anakin seems more human to me. His character is more likeable despite knowing he's actually Darth Vader. And the least I'd want is for Luke to simply become Anakin 2.0 by somehow turning into a Sith lord (I could actually see it happening though). 

omg yeah, I prefer Anakin, he isn't just the stereotypical hero/villan and I empathise way more with him than i do wuth Luke.

My worry is that bc they're all older now, that it'll be awkward and might not work :laughga: 

But yeah, apparently Lucas thought of all of the stories before the first trilogy was made, so they aren't like fillers or just to make money. *cough* avengers :ohwell:  *cough* 

And I think I know who the next villain will be

NuteGunray.jpg 

It's the same with the lord of the Rings, it's so expansive and detailed that you'd never run out of stories to tell.

omg yeah, I prefer Anakin, he isn't just the stereotypical hero/villan and I empathise way more with him than i do wuth Luke.

My worry is that bc they're all older now, that it'll be awkward and might not work :laughga:

But yeah, apparently Lucas thought of all of the stories before the first trilogy was made, so they aren't like fillers or just to make money. *cough* avengers :ohwell:  *cough* 

And I think I know who the next villain will be

NuteGunray.jpg 

It's the same with the lord of the Rings, it's so expansive and detailed that you'd never run out of stories to tell.

I've never liked Gunray, even as a villain. Unlike Palpatine or any other Sith lords, it's like impossible for me to even root for him as the bad guy - probably because of how he was presented in the films. And I've always preferred the Empire over the Trade Federation. The Trade Federation seems really weak no matter what.  

As for Luke, I'd want to see some twist in his story with his own son, Ben, in the future films. That'd really be interesting if they could mirror Luke/Ben relationship with Luke/Anakin relationship as father and son.

And speaking of LOTR, have you seen the official main trailer of the Desolation of Smaug? I'm already excited for it since I've read the book. And I really like that the movie adaptation included Saruman in a way. I hope they'd show how the relationship between Saruman and Sauron begin to flourish, even if it's really on The Silmarillion, and not the Hobbit. If not, I just want Peter Jackson to make a movie as well around the Silmarillion. 

Here's the trailer by the way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbOEknbi4gQ

I've never liked Gunray, even as a villain. Unlike Palpatine or any other Sith lords, it's like impossible for me to even root for him as the bad guy - probably because of how he was presented in the films. And I've always preferred the Empire over the Trade Federation. The Trade Federation seems really weak no matter what.  

As for Luke, I'd want to see some twist in his story with his own son, Ben, in the future films. That'd really be interesting if they could mirror Luke/Ben relationship with Luke/Anakin relationship as father and son.

And speaking of LOTR, have you seen the official main trailer of the Desolation of Smaug? I'm already excited for it since I've read the book. And I really like that the movie adaptation included Saruman in a way. I hope they'd show how the relationship between Saruman and Sauron begin to flourish, even if it's really on The Silmarillion, and not the Hobbit. If not, I just want Peter Jackson to make a movie as well around the Silmarillion. 

Here's the trailer by the way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbOEknbi4gQ

Haha, i just find Gunrays accent hilarious, but i do agree he was a terrible villain.

Omg no i hadn't seen that trailer, flop stan i know :messga: omg it looks so good i cant deal. :woot:  :woot:

I totally agree with you about Saruman, the scenes with him really showed his personality well, and I too hope we get to see him developing a relationship with Sauron. On a similar note, i loved the shade when Galadriel and Gandalf completely ignored Saruman, it really stays true to the books and the lore.  

Speaking of lore, YAS the Silmarillion must be made into films, it would be the most epic thing ever.

tumblr_mlonphLOnt1qm0efro4_250.gif

Haha, i just find Gunrays accent hilarious, but i do agree he was a terrible villain.

Omg no i hadn't seen that trailer, flop stan i know :messga: omg it looks so good i cant deal. :woot:  :woot:

I totally agree with you about Saruman, the scenes with him really showed his personality well, and I too hope we get to see him developing a relationship with Sauron. On a similar note, i loved the shade when Galadriel and Gandalf completely ignored Saruman, it really stays true to the books and the lore.  

Speaking of lore, YAS the Silmarillion must be made into films, it would be the most epic thing ever.

tumblr_mlonphLOnt1qm0efro4_250.gif

Another Middle Earth trilogy!  :party:  

LOTR and Star Wars would have more similarities with each other then, besides from Christopher Lee portraying the secondary antagonist in both film franchises (as Saruman in LOTR and as Count Dooku in Star Wars). And both of his characters are actually traitors who joined the enemy. That's too much coincidence, doesn't it? 

Wet Fire

Black Swan is my 2nd favourite film after Titanic. I love Natalie's acting in the film. She killed it. :giveup:

@boxofficemojo: 'Gravity' opened to an incredible $55.6 million this weekend: http://t.co/rTAv9C4tay A whopping 80% of that gross came from 3D showtimes.

@Deadline: Clooney-Bullock-Cuaron’s $55M ‘Gravity’ Weekend Soars To October Record, ‘Runner Runner’ Flops $7.8M http://t.co/ycqniTQJfV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufsrgE0BYf0

Furthermore the movie is getting rave reviews from both critics and the public. It's at 98% on RottenTomatoes with over a 130 reviews

I saw it in 3D last night myself and it is truly one of the best movies in years and the best 3D movie released ever. The acting, the directing, the visuals, this deserves Oscars. Sandra Bulllock is coming for that second Oscar as Best Actress

• Mills unpinned this topic

Archived