Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

"The Fame" #100 on Rolling Stone's Greatest Debut Albums of All Time

Runway

Featured Posts

Runway

ladygaga-306-1363702871.jpg

Lady Gaga
Interscope, 2009

The title sounded like wishful thinking when Stefani Germanotta's album arrived in August 2008 to a shrug from radio programmers and record-buyers. By the spring of 2009, though, Germanotta, aka Lady Gaga, was famous indeed. Gaga's debut was a game-charger, making dark, booming dance-popâ€â€buoyed by the almighty four-on-the-floor thump of Eurodiscoâ€â€the dominant sound of the global charts. And it introduced the world to an outrageously plus-sized form of pop divadomâ€â€to a provocateur and fashion plate who treated the whole world as her red carpet. Those paparazzi she sang about weren't just metaphorical, after all.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/the-100-greatest-debut-albums-of-all-time-20130322/the-fame-19691231

Iconic :legend:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

Hmm. It deserved more than #100. I mean, if Madonna's debut (which is F*CKING TRASH) is 96, something's nog right. Meh, I hate those Rolling Stone lists anyway.

Jesse Pinkman

:omg: she's only 5 years into her career :giveup:

It's science, bitch

Mama Ru

The fact that she made the list at all is great, since music critics and publications tend not to give much respect to pop music. Besides Gaga and Madonna, there weren't many pop artists mentioned.

Also, Gaga's music has so far shown to age really well. When Gaga was first rising to fame, a lot of critics said she was all image but now many of them recognize what a game-changer her music was. If they were to make this list in 30 years, The Fame would probably rank much higher.

Roling Stone gave Bad Romance 2 out of 5 stars when it was released (LOL) and now they treat it like the holy grail of pop.

Im blonde, I'm skinny, I'm rich, and I'm a little bit of a bitch.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived