ARTPOP is "somewhat experimental" and "very different" from BTW

Mama Ru

Featured Posts

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dangerous Man

You're hoping last quarter of '13? Why?

yup. Because it's the perfect time to release an album. And I don't want ARTPOP to be nominated on the next year's grammy.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Ursula Buffay

I've heard similar things, but not this exact info. Given how thirsty we all are, I thought y'all would like to know what I learned.

Zaiw61O.jpg

I'll go play alone in the corner.  :cry:

Oh no I'll play with you

Sledgehammering beats! I'm here for those slaying hits to come.

FrozenKookie

But I'm not here for experimental tracks like Hair and Born This Way, I'm not here for overproduced, noisy and over-saturated tracks.

Mama Ru

Please continue writing these amazing articles about Gaga in Examiner

You are our savior  :runhug:

Liked, tweeted, and commented! Anything to bring in the $ for a legitimate Examiner writer.

Oh no I'll play with you

I am feeling the love.  :heart: Thank you! And yay for so many AHS fans!! I thought only maybe like one person would get that joke lol.

But I'm not here for experimental tracks like Hair and Born This Way, I'm not here for overproduced, noisy and over-saturated tracks.

Experimental could mean a lot of things though. I don't want overproduced stuff either. I love BTW and Hair, but I agree they are both too noisy for their own good.

Im blonde, I'm skinny, I'm rich, and I'm a little bit of a bitch.

FrozenKookie

Experimental could mean a lot of things though. I don't want overproduced stuff either. I love BTW and Hair, but I agree they are both too noisy for their own good.

Lyrically, they're really good and their melody, but were ruined by overproducing them SPECIALLY Hair. Such songs are obv better in acoustic. Should be less problematic if they didn't put those "free as my ha-ha-a-a-a-air" part, it's pretty out-of-place and unnecessary.

Mama Ru

Lyrically, they're really good and their melody, but were ruined by overproducing them SPECIALLY Hair. Such songs are obv better in acoustic. Should be less problematic if they didn't put those "free as my ha-ha-a-a-a-air" part, it's pretty out-of-place and unnecessary.

Yes, especially Hair. It's such a well-written song, too. The relatively simple beginning and the high notes ("I'm my hA-A-A-Air") toward the end sound great, but so much of it sounds like five versions of the song playing at the same time. Sometimes I wonder if that was intentional to give it an 80s sound because, as a child of the 80s, I can remember how practically everything sounded like that on my cheap radio, but I still would greatly prefer a cleaner sound.

When I think experimental though (as far as Gaga goes) the first song that comes to mind is Bloody Mary.

Im blonde, I'm skinny, I'm rich, and I'm a little bit of a bitch.

StefJAGermanotta

Thanks Jarraxe :hug: .  Will you be writing more articles about Gaga in Examiner to combat that Jem guy?  I hope so, as you will give credibility.

I appreciate how you are very objective, as evidenced in your Technorati article about Gaga vs. the Osbournes, despite clearly being a very dedicated little monster:

http://technorati.com/entertainment/article/lady-gaga-and-osbourne-women-face/ 

you're our one true savior in Examiner!!!! :worship:

Gagaloo911

Happy to see an article not bashing her from Examiner.

aaronyoji

Sledgehammer dance beats . . . I really hope we get them this time :toofloppy:

:fail:   uhh government hooker. judas, bloody mary, heavy metal lover.

there.  

AyaKara

:fail:   uhh government hooker. judas, bloody mary, heavy metal lover.

there.  

Judas, HML, & Scheisse were the only three. The GH remix had them, but GH the song did not. Bloody Mary has them for the verses, not for the rest of the song. The end of MTN, but not the rest of the song. Gaga told us that BTW was going to be a dance-heavy, blast-all-night-in-a-club-mixed-with-rock-anthem type of album. We got mostly the latter.

Don't get me wrong, BTW is an AMAZING album & I'm really happy to see how great it was. But, she surprised me in that it wasn't the dance album she promised. So, I'm glad that we're getting it with ARTPOP :yes:

aaronyoji

Judas, HML, & Scheisse were the only three. The GH remix had them, but GH the song did not. Bloody Mary has them for the verses, not for the rest of the song. The end of MTN, but not the rest of the song. Gaga told us that BTW was going to be a dance-heavy, blast-all-night-in-a-club-mixed-with-rock-anthem type of album. We got mostly the latter.

Don't get me wrong, BTW is an AMAZING album & I'm really happy to see how great it was. But, she surprised me in that it wasn't the dance album she promised. So, I'm glad that we're getting it with ARTPOP :yes:

hmm interestingly i think it was a good mix. i think its the way people view/feel about the subject matter that got in the way of how dance heavy btw was perceived.but it is in fact her most electronic dance oriented album to me. 

AyaKara

hmm interestingly i think it was a good mix. i think its the way people view/feel about the subject matter that got in the way of how dance heavy btw was perceived.but it is in fact her most electronic dance oriented album to me. 

I actually feel that TF is (currently) the most dance oriented, on the contrary :) TFM is as experimental as BTW was in terms of differing sounds & genres in every song, that's why I adore them so much. Excited to see how ARTPOP turns out. I do want it to have sledgehammering dance beats, but I want the songs to sound different from one another (sort of like Ellie's Halcyon, which is a lot of EDM but each song is unique & deep) :flutter:

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived